Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: Preseason game 2 2012 Seahawks vs Broncos

Preseason, for me, is about looking at trends on the team.

Last week the sure wrap up tackling really caught my eye. I'm really interested to see if this trend continues. I think JDR is bringing a tough attitude to this defense and I think tackling is a big part of a strong defense. I would expect tackling to remain crisp all season if I see the same fundamental tackling I saw last week.

Position battles are always interesting, but I personally think more can be observed from a conceptual standpoint in the preseason.

Tacking has been an issue for many years around here, so I'm really excited to see if this coaching staff is installing a more tough fundamental attitude on this team.

Here's to another exciting Broncos season!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!

From what ive read, del rio has emphasized tackling in practice. I remember readin an interview the other day in which he said he was considering live tackling drills but half the other coaches thought he was crazy haha.

Every DC says he's emphasizing tackling. JDR must be taking it to another level. This is the first time I've actually seen fundamental tackling actually catch my eye.

I personally think live drills are a good thing, but the new nfl won't be having that. I understand that protecting players helps keep injury down, but tackling has become a bit of a lost art in today's nfl. I'm just happy to see the beginning of a potentially killer defense. We shall see

Just read an article posted yesterday or the day before on this subject at db.com

JDR says they practice tackling everyday which is great. The thing I don't quite understand is that they claim they don't take anyone to the ground, they only wrap up and that's it. I'm just having trouble understanding just how this will help when you don't actually take a guy to the ground. If someone knows exactly what this means please explain.

The reasoning for this type of practice is because it keeps guys from getting injured (that's cool) and also there only so many practices that are allowed with pads ( new cba -hate it). Now granted emphasizing tackling EVERY day is a good thing and is the only productive part of this method of practice. Drill it into their heads - I guess that's what this is about. I figure JDR is doing the most he can without breaking CBA rules.

I'm not criticizing the coaches because like I just said - they're doing the best they can with the way the rules are now. I'm just questioning how effective can this really be when you're not actually taking a guy all the way to the ground.

I too hope this solid tackling (trend?) continues tonite. And you might think the proof is in the pudding so what am I talking about. Well maybe I am completely wrong and this practice method IS the reason we're tackling well. It just didn't make sense when I read it.

At any rate - so far so good! Listen guys, we got Peyton F. Manning and he IS the focus of everyone when they look at the Denver Broncos ......... but ........... if somehow our defense becomes the strength of this team - the sky IS the limit. It's preseason and ALL fans have reasons to be ultra optimistic about their team. That includes even Charger fans - as irrational as they may be - all teams are tied by record right now 0-0 regular season. [as I write this I'm watching the OAK ARI game and Carson Palmer just threw a terrible looking INT. Rookie looking unforced error].

But ....... it's just preseason right?

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...-top-priority/
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

That's why I want to see more tonight. Although the coaches can only do so much, there was a noticeable improvement in tackling. If it continues throughout the preseason, I think it will be a sign of a vastly improved defense.

Well Also if you look at the stat line from last game....47 tackles for the team, and 45 were solo

If we go back to ONLY the patriots game....yes it was a horrible game for us but look at the stats...77 tackles, only 31 were solo....Pitt game we dominated, but then to the last game of the season against KC....52 tackles, with 38 being solo....

Tackling will obviously make us a much better defense....im excited
    Last edited by Scheyjosh; 08-18-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    Winner of the 2012 Broncomania GM game

Official Game Day Thread: Preseason game 2 2012 (Seahawks vs Broncos)

Hadn't seen one made yet so figured I'd start it up...

Here's to good drives, great D and most important, no injuries!

Noooo...!!!!! Knowshon you gotta hit the hole!

May as well get that in early
    You've got to know when to sack em...

2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

I'm pumped for some extended Peyton Manning action! Should be awesome!

I'm heartbroken that I can't watch the game live.

And it also makes me sick to my stomach that the Cowboys are on national tv again playing the Chargers instead of putting Manning's first home game with more playing time on NFL Network.

Torn between watching it tommorow night and not going on here and just going on here and ruining any surprises..

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    I'm heartbroken that I can't watch the game live.

And it also makes me sick to my stomach that the Cowboys are on national tv again playing the Chargers instead of putting Manning's first home game with more playing time on NFL Network.
    Amen... I can't believe they're not showing the game until 2 AM EST Monday ...11Pm Sunday night for me

Unreal

I'm shocked Elway (the user) didn't start this.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

#24 Next Champ- I just seen that too Crazy!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Pacohlgs78; 08-18-2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: forgot to quote