Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lance Ball and Jeremiah Johnson

Will somebody please explain to me what is so "great" about these two?? All I hear is how bad Knowshon is but nothing to really back these two up. I really don't see the upgrade of either of these guys. AT ALL. This is NOT a post to dig at KM- so please don't- this IS a thread to possibly show me something I CANNOT find in these two. Just curious as to what they do so well.

Last edited by bucksnbroncs; 08-19-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok if you look at Last Year's Game I want to say the 1st ( Not Preseason ) game against the New England Pats....Guess what we were running it down thier guts.....JJ was awesome if you watch the tape I have said this before I for the life of me did not know why Coach Fox did not feed him the ball more in that game as you can see he was on fire Like MJD Ray Rice type then Coach did not play him an well we lost the 2nd half and the game. JJ is a gamer just please give him a chance!

Lance Ball does nothing well. He's average through and through. JJ is faster than Knowshon, more elusive and agile. They have about the same in terms of vision and receiving ability. We haven't seen JJ in pass protection but as an overall runner, he looks more impressive than Knowshon.

2for2 in legitimate answers.....thanks, guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They are poor to below average players. The fact is, they aren't Knowshon, and that's all alot of these people need to know. They will make any excuse to trash Moreno and whatever he accomplishes. It's sad, really. But it's the truth.

I look at the situations Lance Ball was put in last night, and those are the type of scenarios I hope Hillman is placed into once the regular season starts. He was used out of the backfield as a receiver a lot, but he's hardly going to break one, and he proved as a ball carrier it's either going to be a 1-3 yard gain, or a fumble.

Ball is super dependable and a good special team player, but otherwise ordinary, while Johnson has shown some flashes of being a great runner and receiver, but nothing consistent yet. Both, I think, are a bit beneath Moreno talent wise but are without his baggage (injury concerns, 1st round pick, etc.).

Ball is very average at best. Isnt fast, isn't quick or elusive, isnt powerful and isn't as good at catching as JJ or Knowshon. But what the coaches love about him is that he's durable, and the guy that comes in to work hard everyday and can also play special teams.

JJ is faster, quicker than Knowshon but is easier to tackle. Knowshon also has better hands and can pass protect better.

The reason people hate Knowshon so much is where he was drafted and who was drafted after him. Most were screaming for Orakpo (I was) and then LeSean McCoy was drafted later and Arian Foster as an UDFA. And as a high 1st round pick people will expect more from him. He only has 2 100 yard games in 3 years both against the Chiefs, he's always injured and the infamous "SAUCED" incident.

He has more talent than Ball and JJ. And If he can show he can stay healthy then he will be a head of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksnbroncs View Post
    Will somebody please explain to me what is so "great" about these two?? All I hear is how bad Knowshon is but nothing to really back these two up. I really don't see the upgrade of either of these guys. AT ALL. This is NOT a post to dig at KM- so please don't- this IS a thread to possibly show me something I CANNOT find in these two. Just curious as to what they do so well.

For one thing KnoMo costs 2 roster spots cuz he doesn't play ST
    JJ and Omon and Ball can play special teams

Does this matter? It does when a guy takes up 2 roster spots AND can't stay healthy
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Not sure what it means when they played Kno Mo so little in PRE2

Maybe it means nothing but I was surprised he was asked to do little to nothing
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Let's not forget about Xavier Omon. He was in beast-mode versus the Bears, but hardly saw the field against the Seahawks. I like his size and determination. He would be a good short distance-goal line back.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksnbroncs View Post
    They play on SPECIAL TEAMS, that's what.

NEITHER is ever going to be able to hold Adrian Peterson, or Darren McFadden's jock or even hold a candle to Willis McGahee.

They are BACKUP RBs pure and simple. The heir apparent to McGahee is Hillman.

Knowshon is just a bust.

So, to answer the question, it's not a matter of how great Ball (who looked BAD last night) or Omon (who is probably going to make this team while Johnson does not) is. Rather it's that the 3rd and 4th RBs on this team are total scrubs. Special teams players who can be replaced next year or any year. (Unless Omon somehow continues to develop into a starter caliber RB, which is doubtful).

Lance Ball is never going to start barring injury. And he's nothing special.

And Knowshon isn't even worth a roster spot.
    Last edited by Cugel; 08-19-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Not sure what it means when they played Kno Mo so little in PRE2

Maybe it means nothing but I was surprised he was asked to do little to nothing
    It means that they don't think they can work a trade for him, that's what.

If they played him a lot last night it would mean they were trying to develop a market for Knowshon ahead of the trading deadline.

You will see next game that they are going to play Willis and Hillman the entire game with McGahee playing 3/4 and Hillman the last 1/4 (unless Hillman still can't go due to his hamstring injury). They are the #1 and #2 backs. If Hillman can't go, then we'll see who they regard as their #2 RB, Lance Ball or Omon.

As of today, it's still Lance Ball, but he would need a decent week of practices to wipe out the memory of his fumble filled performance last night.

If Knowshon plays in the 4th quarter next week, THEN all the Knowshon jock sniffers can say "we told you so. Knowshon is #2 at least until Hillman gets back." But, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Since he will only see spot duty and divide carries with Lance Ball and Omon in the 4th game, that means they are just going to cut him unless somebody like the Dolphins decides they desperately need a RB in trade.

And if that's the case they can simply claim him off the waiver wire after the final cuts.
    Last edited by Cugel; 08-19-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by one5beast View Post
    Ball is very average at best. Isnt fast, isn't quick or elusive, isnt powerful and isn't as good at catching as JJ or Knowshon. But what the coaches love about him is that he's durable, and the guy that comes in to work hard everyday and can also play special teams.

JJ is faster, quicker than Knowshon but is easier to tackle. Knowshon also has better hands and can pass protect better.

The reason people hate Knowshon so much is where he was drafted and who was drafted after him. Most were screaming for Orakpo (I was) and then LeSean McCoy was drafted later and Arian Foster as an UDFA. And as a high 1st round pick people will expect more from him. He only has 2 100 yard games in 3 years both against the Chiefs, he's always injured and the infamous "SAUCED" incident.

He has more talent than Ball and JJ. And If he can show he can stay healthy then he will be a head of them.

How is JJ easier to tackle then Knowshon? Knowshon always goes down on first contact plus he is always injured...

I don't understand all the love for Ball or KM... If JJ was giving a chance to play behind the number 1 line like these 2 in actually games we wouldn't be having these discussions....

As a matter of fact if he was given this chance by the coaching staff we wouldn't needed to have to drafted Hillman... We could have gone after Turbin (who we saw last night)...

I would have much more prefered:

1. Magahee
    2. Turbin
    3. JJ

To what we now have...

as someone else stated knowshon is ridiculed because of where he was drafted, if he were drafted in the 4th or lower it wouldnt be an issue and he probably wouldnt make the team because of his injury history and lack of balance. while his is really good at blitz pick up, he struggles with vision, injuries and balance. ball on the other hand wont wow u by any stretch of the imagination, he is a jack of all trades, master of none. jj on the other hand has that one thing u cant teach and thats speed. he has shown flashes of ability but his problem is consistency