Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Arizona.

Their QB position is a mess with no clear cut starter, and their offensive line may be the worst starting line in the NFL. It's a recipe for disaster.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

AZ, Fins, Browns, and Jags are all good guesses IMO. Could be the top 4 picks in next year's draft, barring no big injuries from other teams.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
    No one has mentioned the Colts. Think Luck will have luck his rookie year?
    Yeah, chances are Indy will be a below avg team. However, for betting purposes, I'd stay away from picking them as a sure loser on a weekly basis because Luck seems to have enough talent to keep that team competitive...kinda like the Panthers last year. Lost a lot of games but pretty close at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
    No one has mentioned the Colts. Think Luck will have luck his rookie year?
    I don't think they will be horrible. They won't be good by any stretch of the imagination but 6-7 wins wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    The Browns will have at least 15 losses this year.
    You know Charlie one of these days the browns will win the Superbowl just in spite of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    You know Charlie one of these days the browns will win the Superbowl just in spite of you.
    Well, sadly, the Browns will cease to exist in a few years. The new owner is getting rid of everything - literally. No more Cleveland Browns stadium. No more jerseys. No more orange helmet. What will he have instead? Who knows, but I will demand he change the name of the team and retire the Browns (much like the Oilers/Titans did).

I love the Browns - not the Haslams.

Well, sadly, the Browns will cease to exist in a few years. The new owner is getting rid of everything - literally. No more Cleveland Browns stadium. No more jerseys. No more orange helmet. What will he have instead? Who knows, but I will demand he change the name of the team and retire the Browns (much like the Oilers/Titans did).

I love the Browns - not the Haslams.
    Didn't your new owner come in and say he wanted to keep all the team traditions alive.

I still think Arizona has good defensive players, so they won't be the worst in the NFL. I say the Browns, Rams, and Vikings are the teams that should be really bad. Jacksonville's looking better, and I expect Luck to have a good year. It's hard to do worse than Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky, or Kerry Collins.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Didn't your new owner come in and say he wanted to keep all the team traditions alive.
    No, he said he wants to change them.

Article on Haslam

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    New uniforms and other cosmetic changes weren't ruled out by Haslam at his press conference, and maybe that's something that could scare Browns fans who are entrenched in the Browns current overall design. It shouldn't. Change is scary, but change can be good, especially when the status quo is so depressing. Besides, Haslam correctly pointed out that "culture" isn't defined by a logo, mascot, uniform or any other material item that's associated with a football team.
    I give him a BIG HUGE middle finger salute. But, what do you expect from a fan of a rival team? A Steelers fan now owns the Browns and plans on destroying the Browns from the inside. He's already announced that the stadium will have its naming rights for sale. So, it'll be the Cleveland ______ (who knows what the new team will be, the Puppies or something) playing at US Bank Field or some such nonsense. Or, perhaps, Cleveland Clinic Coliseum.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 08-21-2012 at 12:12 PM.

No, he said he wants to change them.

Article on Haslam

New uniforms and other cosmetic changes weren't ruled out by Haslam at his press conference, and maybe that's something that could scare Browns fans who are entrenched in the Browns current overall design. It shouldn't. Change is scary, but change can be good, especially when the status quo is so depressing. Besides, Haslam correctly pointed out that "culture" isn't defined by a logo, mascot, uniform or any other material item that's associated with a football team.

I give him a BIG HUGE middle finger salute. But, what do you expect from a fan of a rival team? A Steelers fan now owns the Browns and plans on destroying the Browns from the inside. He's already announced that the stadium will have its naming rights for sale. So, it'll be the Cleveland ______ (who knows what the new team will be, the Puppies or something) playing at US Bank Field or some such nonsense. Or, perhaps, Cleveland Clinic Coliseum.
    I find that ironic because he was a STEELERS fan, and they're known for their tradition, just like the Browns.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    I find that ironic because he was a STEELERS fan, and they're known for their tradition, just like the Browns.
    At least tradition was kept alive with Lerner, even if the winning tradition wasn't. I would rather the Browns never have a winning season while keeping the team the same than have the team SELL OUT their traditions all in the name of having a winning season.

Uh Rem, the Browns did win the Super Bowl and they did so in a spiteful manner to their former fans.

Remember the Ravens used to be the Browns.

Can't think of anything worse than knowing one of your division rivals won a Super Bowl with your players.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    Uh Rem, the Browns did win the Super Bowl and they did so in a spiteful manner to their former fans.

Remember the Ravens used to be the Browns.

Can't think of anything worse than knowing one of your division rivals won a Super Bowl with your players.
    I don't think the ravens actually had many former browns on the team when they won... but that's neither here nor there.. you know what I mean..

That being said the browns could have a pretty rough go of it this year....

The Browns will win more than one game. The pessimism for this team isn't founded in reality right now, even with all of the upheaval the organization has gone through (and still goes through). Will Jimmy Haslam make some cosmetic changes? Sure, and the team could probably use it. But the main thing is that you've got a new owner who until recently was a major stakeholder in a team that has won rings (plural) in the last decade, and he might have more of a clue than the former owner.

On offense, the Browns have some interesting players. Josh Gordon sounds like he could make an immediate impact, while Trent Richardson's ability is undeniable (health notwithstanding). Greg Little is a decent receiver, and Brandon Weeden shows some promise despite his age.

Defensively, the Browns are still pretty good, although they're kind of banged up. Joe Haden and TJ Ward are excellent players in the secondary, and Jabaal Sheard is one of the scarier players in the game. This team can win a few games.

Will they press for a playoff spot? No way. But they won't be the worst team in the league. As I pointed out, the Cardinals are poised to be terrible, and they might be the team that picks Matt Barkley next April.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!