Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,350

    Jets for the No. 1 Overall!

    Has anyone had a chance to see them? It's like they want to suck. I think the "I-can't-complete-a-pass" syndrome is rubbing off on Senor Sanchez. If the preseason is any indication of what they're gonna do next season, they'll probably be in the running with the Browns for the No. 1 overall!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    They won't be that bad, but it will be a long year...

    Defense actually looks pretty good.

    Offense looks AWFUL.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,354
    their offense is horrid, tebow embarrassed himself again.

    that guy is not improving like some here are saying, he looks no different to me throwing the football other than not running around as much.

    even though he still does it lol

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,350
    In my opinion, Top 5 pick next year easily. They got no O-Line, no running game, no receivers, and no quarterback.

    I'm just glad Elway dumped Tebow, it is clear that he's not progressing at all. If he wants to stay in the NFL he's gonna have to move to RB/FB/TE hybrid. I mean, just look at this:


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Westminster
    Posts
    4,266
    Quote Originally Posted by FabrizioHC View Post
    In my opinion, Top 5 pick next year easily. They got no O-Line, no running game, no receivers, and no quarterback.

    I'm just glad Elway dumped Tebow, it is clear that he's not progressing at all. If he wants to stay in the NFL he's gonna have to move to RB/FB/TE hybrid. I mean, just look at this:

    It's hard to tell from that GIF was there a Jet receiver in the area at all?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,173
    Yeah, they look awful. Man I guess we really screwed up letting Timmy go

    Quote Originally Posted by darth-hideous View Post
    It's hard to tell from that GIF was there a Jet receiver in the area at all?
    I guess you could say there was... (if you notice at the very end of the gif you can see a jet player on the left side for a split second) but the pick was definitely still as bad as it looks there no matter how you spin it, it was a horrendous decision that proves that Tebow really has not made any progress at all as others have already said. Can't use the preseason as an excuse either, it was a dreadful interception I kind of feel bad for him.
    Last edited by TRUEBRONCOFAN24; 08-27-2012 at 02:22 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,297


    Browns are a much improved team and will not be in the running for 1st overall.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post


    Browns are a much improved team and will not be in the running for 1st overall.
    I thought that. They still aren't very good, but not worst-team-in-the-league calibre.

    Re: The Jets, even if they do get a high draft pick, they'll no doubt make completely the wrong choice in who they draft, if history is anything to go by...

    Last edited by EvertonBroncos; 08-27-2012 at 04:48 AM.
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,055
    Quote Originally Posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
    I thought that. They still aren't very good, but not worst-team-in-the-league calibre.
    they are with Weeden at B

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Magical Land of Narnia
    Posts
    1,165
    I have to admit that even as a fan of Tebow, I don't think he is progressing. As for the jets...They need to pick up Jarret Lee when the Chargers dump him on to their practice squad.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by FabrizioHC View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to see them? It's like they want to suck. I think the "I-can't-complete-a-pass" syndrome is rubbing off on Senor Sanchez. If the preseason is any indication of what they're gonna do next season, they'll probably be in the running with the Browns for the No. 1 overall!
    I agree!! i actually have a 50 dollar bet that my Orange Crush will have a better record than the jets!! For sure! i give the jets 6 and 10 or 8 and 8 at most...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    8,058
    He has improved. I hate to be the one to point this out, but some of you are forgetting how bad his throwing was as a Bronco.

    He's throwing it with more zip, with a tighter release time. But it's a perpetual state of deploying what he's learned, so there is rough going while he does it.

    He shouldn't have throw that ball up there -- he was trying to hit a receiver that was behind all the defenders (needed to loft it over the top), and instead threw a low bullet. Just a bad throw while running right.

    They've got him running the kind of plays he needs the most work in, and he's completing passes that he wouldn't have completed when he entered the league.

    They don't tend to make Gifs out of those, though.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    8,058
    Here's a good throw, the type of throw he never pulled the trigger on much last year --

    it's at 1:30 in this video.

    http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-an...9-a1689ed384a7

    It may look routine ( and I suppose it is), but these are the things about it that show NFL caliber passing:

    1. He got rid of it immediately.
    2. Pin point accuracy
    3. That ball traveled 25 yards in the air, for a 17 yard gain. It almost looks like a dump off throw, but then you look again and it was an explosive play.

    There have been several of those this preseason. To the eye that was watching last year, there's some throws that we didn't see before.

    That throw was probably to the primary receiver. Still need to see that kind of quick decision going to a secondary.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Magical Land of Narnia
    Posts
    1,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
    He's throwing it with more zip, with a tighter release time. But it's a perpetual state of deploying what he's learned, so there is rough going while he does it.
    Well put.

    Quote Originally Posted by darth-hideous View Post
    It's hard to tell from that GIF was there a Jet receiver in the area at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
    He shouldn't have throw that ball up there -- he was trying to hit a receiver that was behind all the defenders (needed to loft it over the top), and instead threw a low bullet. Just a bad throw while running right.
    You're correct it was terribly under-thrown but had he connected we're looking at a TD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
    Here's a good throw, the type of throw he never pulled the trigger on much last year --

    it's at 1:30 in this video.

    http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-an...9-a1689ed384a7
    Thank you for sharing this video, I'll admit I was doing some housekeeping while watching the game and missed a few of these plays. Consider my position reversed, and I liked what I saw.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    8,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddleglum View Post
    Thank you for sharing this video, I'll admit I was doing some housekeeping while watching the game and missed a few of these plays. Consider my position reversed, and I liked what I saw.
    There were about three like that. He didn't really have any routine dump offs -- he made about 3 really good throws in that game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •