Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Jets for the No. 1 Overall!

Has anyone had a chance to see them? It's like they want to suck. I think the "I-can't-complete-a-pass" syndrome is rubbing off on Senor Sanchez. If the preseason is any indication of what they're gonna do next season, they'll probably be in the running with the Browns for the No. 1 overall!

They won't be that bad, but it will be a long year...

Defense actually looks pretty good.

Offense looks AWFUL.

their offense is horrid, tebow embarrassed himself again.

that guy is not improving like some here are saying, he looks no different to me throwing the football other than not running around as much.

even though he still does it lol

In my opinion, Top 5 pick next year easily. They got no O-Line, no running game, no receivers, and no quarterback.

I'm just glad Elway dumped Tebow, it is clear that he's not progressing at all. If he wants to stay in the NFL he's gonna have to move to RB/FB/TE hybrid. I mean, just look at this:

Quote Originally Posted by FabrizioHC View Post
    In my opinion, Top 5 pick next year easily. They got no O-Line, no running game, no receivers, and no quarterback.

I'm just glad Elway dumped Tebow, it is clear that he's not progressing at all. If he wants to stay in the NFL he's gonna have to move to RB/FB/TE hybrid. I mean, just look at this:

It's hard to tell from that GIF was there a Jet receiver in the area at all?

Yeah, they look awful. Man I guess we really screwed up letting Timmy go

Quote Originally Posted by darth-hideous View Post
    I guess you could say there was... (if you notice at the very end of the gif you can see a jet player on the left side for a split second) but the pick was definitely still as bad as it looks there no matter how you spin it, it was a horrendous decision that proves that Tebow really has not made any progress at all as others have already said. Can't use the preseason as an excuse either, it was a dreadful interception I kind of feel bad for him.
    Last edited by TRUEBRONCOFAN24; 08-27-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Browns are a much improved team and will not be in the running for 1st overall.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post

Browns are a much improved team and will not be in the running for 1st overall.
    I thought that. They still aren't very good, but not worst-team-in-the-league calibre.

Re: The Jets, even if they do get a high draft pick, they'll no doubt make completely the wrong choice in who they draft, if history is anything to go by...

Last edited by EvertonBroncos; 08-27-2012 at 04:48 AM.
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
    I thought that. They still aren't very good, but not worst-team-in-the-league calibre.
    they are with Weeden at B

I have to admit that even as a fan of Tebow, I don't think he is progressing. As for the jets...They need to pick up Jarret Lee when the Chargers dump him on to their practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by FabrizioHC View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to see them? It's like they want to suck. I think the "I-can't-complete-a-pass" syndrome is rubbing off on Senor Sanchez. If the preseason is any indication of what they're gonna do next season, they'll probably be in the running with the Browns for the No. 1 overall!
    I agree!! i actually have a 50 dollar bet that my Orange Crush will have a better record than the jets!! For sure! i give the jets 6 and 10 or 8 and 8 at most...

He has improved. I hate to be the one to point this out, but some of you are forgetting how bad his throwing was as a Bronco.

He's throwing it with more zip, with a tighter release time. But it's a perpetual state of deploying what he's learned, so there is rough going while he does it.

He shouldn't have throw that ball up there -- he was trying to hit a receiver that was behind all the defenders (needed to loft it over the top), and instead threw a low bullet. Just a bad throw while running right.

They've got him running the kind of plays he needs the most work in, and he's completing passes that he wouldn't have completed when he entered the league.

They don't tend to make Gifs out of those, though.

Here's a good throw, the type of throw he never pulled the trigger on much last year --

it's at 1:30 in this video.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-an...9-a1689ed384a7

It may look routine ( and I suppose it is), but these are the things about it that show NFL caliber passing:

1. He got rid of it immediately.
    2. Pin point accuracy
    3. That ball traveled 25 yards in the air, for a 17 yard gain. It almost looks like a dump off throw, but then you look again and it was an explosive play.

There have been several of those this preseason. To the eye that was watching last year, there's some throws that we didn't see before.

That throw was probably to the primary receiver. Still need to see that kind of quick decision going to a secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
    He's throwing it with more zip, with a tighter release time. But it's a perpetual state of deploying what he's learned, so there is rough going while he does it.
    Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by darth-hideous View Post
    He shouldn't have throw that ball up there -- he was trying to hit a receiver that was behind all the defenders (needed to loft it over the top), and instead threw a low bullet. Just a bad throw while running right.
    You're correct it was terribly under-thrown but had he connected we're looking at a TD.

Here's a good throw, the type of throw he never pulled the trigger on much last year --

it's at 1:30 in this video.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-an...9-a1689ed384a7
    Thank you for sharing this video, I'll admit I was doing some housekeeping while watching the game and missed a few of these plays. Consider my position reversed, and I liked what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddleglum View Post
    Thank you for sharing this video, I'll admit I was doing some housekeeping while watching the game and missed a few of these plays. Consider my position reversed, and I liked what I saw.
    There were about three like that. He didn't really have any routine dump offs -- he made about 3 really good throws in that game.