View Poll Results: Do you believe Moreno is worthy of getting another shot?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

115 88.46%
  • No

15 11.54%
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    He looked determined from what I saw (only saw highlights on redzone), almost as if he'd been told he was playing for his NFL career. Hope he keeps it up.
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

He is a good RB,If he can stay healthy, he could produce well for us!

He was playing for a job. If not here, somewhere. I don't see why we wouldn't resign him though as long as he takes a modest deal. Or if there is a guy in the draft that our brass falls in love with. We're going to need one more starting caliber RB next season. And Ball isn't the guy.

Knowshon's coaches and teammates commented on his great attitude and work ethic on scout team during his inactive period. I don't know exactly how he's done it, but John Fox and his staff have inculcated a team attitude where there seems to be an absence of any sign of selfishness. I can't think of any off the field distractions lately. Have there been any? The Broncos seem very focused right now.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I still want a running back that's more explosive. He ran good yesterday. I just know that when Moreno or Mcgahee gets the ball, I don't expect no more than 10 yards the most on any given rushing attempt. We need someone who has the chance to take it the distance.
    Go Hard or Go Home

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    He was playing for a job. If not here, somewhere. I don't see why we wouldn't resign him though as long as he takes a modest deal. Or if there is a guy in the draft that our brass falls in love with. We're going to need one more starting caliber RB next season. And Ball isn't the guy.
    Why would you suggest we take a chance with someone else who is unproven within this organization instead of paying Moreno the money he has earned? I wouldn't have a problem with the Broncos drafting a RB if there is a good one available or something like that, but there's no need to bring in anyone else in free agency this offseason. McGahee-Moreno-Hillman is a deep, talented bunch. Lance Ball seems somewhat expendable, but I can only make sense of letting him go if there is an issue with contracts or playing time.

The Broncos will sign someone to fill McGahee's vacated roster spot.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I'm glad he had agood game n I hope he stays haealthy n keeps it up. I'm not going to call him the future based on one game in a long time. If he does do well n wants to renegotiate his salary I coulld see keepin him. Good luck to km the rest of the way
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

I would rather this team continue to draft defense. Get another DT. Hopefully in the first round. Make the defense just a relentless force on the line.

With Manning, the offense is always going to be averaging anywhere between 25 to 30 points per game.

RBs are not worh first round picks anymore.

Defense defense defense. Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush.

Continue to soldify and upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangeisback View Post
    I would rather this team continue to draft defense. Get another DT. Hopefully in the first round. Make the defense just a relentless force on the line.

With Manning, the offense is always going to be averaging anywhere between 25 to 30 points per game.

Agreed, or maybe a run stuffing MLB...would certainly like to continue adding talent to this defense
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Hopefully he only improves from here, but I did like what I saw. He was carrying defenders for a couple extra yards after contact and he caught the ball really well, probably even better than McGahee. He adds a new element to this offense IMO and I wouldnt be surprised if he held onto the job even when (or if) McGahee comes back
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Orangeisback View Post
    I would rather this Team continue to draft defense. Get another DT. Hopefully in the first round. Make the defense just a relentless force on the line.

I disagree that RBs are not worth 1st rounders. You wouldnt have drafted Doug Martin? Of course QBs are more valuable, as are pass rushers and LTs, but we have all of those. And after that, RBs impact the game the most. Having a good one can turn a good offense into a great one.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I can't think of any off the field distractions lately. Have there been any?
    None, other than the 'problems' with Porter that the press tried (in vain) to manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    I disagree that RBs impact the game the most. Having a good one can turn a good offense into a great one.
    It is surprising how quickly folks forget TD and the impact he had. Although he wasn't drafted there, TD would have been worth a 1st, no question.

I also liked what I saw for the first time I actually watched Moreno not do the things that used to bug me about him.

He was much more patient in letting his blocking develop instead of just hitting the line and running into a wall. It appears he has worked on that while he has been on the scout team.

His vision seems to be getting better also,on a couple of runs when the hole didn't develop where it was supposed to, he found the open space for positive yardage.

We already knew he can catch and pick up blitzes. But yesterday was his best day running. He has shown glimpses in the past but IMO it was his best performance in the backfield.
    People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.