Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I Love September!!!!!

September is one of my favourite months of the year. I may not have said that when I was going to school/university, but even still, I often reflect back to that time in my life, and often with positive memories. Of course it was always exciting seeing those cute girls, either as returnees, or as new students. I digress!

I could go on, but here are some reasons why:

- I love the weather. The days are still quite warm (and seemingly getting warmer of late), but the nights are a little fresher, making for good sleeping weather, and a nice kick start in the early morning.......in anticipation of another great day ahead.
    - I love when the leaves start to change, and the colours impress as you venture out on a country road, in search of nothing particular, other than the splendour of early autumn.
    - I love being able to play golf, or go for a nice vacation not too far away, knowing that the summer rush is done, and it will be a more leisurely time to enjoy......and yes, usually at a cheaper rate!
    - I love NFL football!!! And this year is looking very, very good!
    - I love NHL hockey, which usually translates to camp starting up, BUT it doesn't look good right now.....(I can wait this time)
    - I love the harvest season........and September is usually a real push around here to finish the job. Many of our folks will do well this year.... hopefully it will go better than expected for the unfortunate ones here and south of the border. For me, the harvest represents a vital aspect of our lives.
    - I love the smells of early autumn, which are accentuated by the crispness in the air, the fallen leaves, and the chance of some very warm weather that can ignite the aroma even moreso.
    - I love the memories of my children going back to school. Though they are far beyond those school days, I cherish those times....as they grew in so many ways, while making new friends.
    - I even love putting on an extra layer some evenings.....yes, even if it's the occasional "hoodie"

Right on Can!

For me September signals the coming of Fall which is just the greatest season ever due to Football and Hockey coming back and I personally just love the weather.

And as a kid I hated school starting, but now that I'm in college I don't even mind! It's exciting to leave home and make it on my own (even if its just for a few months at a time lol) and of course chill with my college buddies!

Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post
    Right on Can!

For me September signals the coming of Fall which is just the greatest season ever due to Football and Hockey coming back and I personally just love the weather.

And as a kid I hated school starting, but now that I'm in college I don't even mind! It's exciting to leave home and make it on my own (even if its just for a few months at a time lol) and of course chill with my college buddies!
    Make the most of college bud!!! I hope you experience all the good that can come from it. And may your eyes not get too sore from all the "good looking" folks on campus!!!

all the ladies comeback for uni

and football!

september is alllllright by me

September is pretty darn good.
    For me the month is October though.
    We got Octoberfest
    My Birthday
    Halloween
    Football, Hockey, Basketball, and Baseball all briefly being played at the same time

Anyways, September to me is the start of fall and fall is probably my favorite season

Don't hold your breath on hockey this year

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    Don't hold your breath on hockey this year
    I havent been paying attention at all. Is there another flippin lockout or something?

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDB View Post
    I havent been paying attention at all. Is there another flippin lockout or something?
    potentially but I don't want to start ranting about that and totally derail CanDBs thread lol

potentially but I don't want to start ranting about that and totally derail CanDBs thread lol
    You're a good dude Rem.......besides, I'm not going to lose sleep over "you know what".......I believe that NFL alone will get me thru September (and beyond)! Oh yeah, and then there's those back to back CFL games coming up very soon, between the Blue and Gold, and the Green!!! I'm thinkin a split.

Just reminded myself of something....time to renew my NFL tv package!! Wall to wall NFL is pretty sweet!!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 09-01-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Green is the colour!

Losing is our game... ;(

Hey Im allowed to derail his threads, notice how he stole the DB at the end of the user name from me and I have yet to see any royalties.

Just kidding

Hey Im allowed to derail his threads, notice how he stole the DB at the end of the user name from me and I have yet to see any royalties.

Just kidding
    I just posted a link to one of TSN (canadian sports networks) latest article about the pending lock out here

also be wary Canadians pay royalties in rye whiskey, or Newfy screech can get dangerous

I just posted a link to one of TSN (canadian sports networks) latest article about the pending lock out here

also be wary Canadians pay royalties in rye whiskey, or Newfy screech can get dangerous
    Unfortunate. There was just a lockout a few years ago. But yeah we wont get into that here.

And thats no good. Im not a fan of whiskey.
    I do like southern comfort though, it has a weird cherry flavor to it.

I love the fall and stuff, but I always get a little sad in September. Reminds me of the good ol high school days. All the cute little romances, ditchin class (not like I did that ), being mischievious, playing football

Just kidding
    Yes, I stole "Dirt Bag" from your name.

I can't believe it......just 2 days until the NFL season starts, and 6 days til our Broncos win their first game of the season!!!!!