Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,182

    My Pre-Season 1st Round Mock Draft w/ Broncos Draft

    I know these are basically pointless but I was bored during the college football weekend so I decided to make a preseason mock draft.

    And my explanation for Charlie with the Logan Thomas pick. I know you want Barkley but with your new owner being a "1,000 percent Steelers fan", he might see him as a Ben Roethlisberger type QB. He's still a little raw with great upside and showed against Georgia Tech he can lead his team at the end of the game.

    1. Cleveland Browns - Logan Thomas, QB Virginia Tech
    2. Miami Dolphins - Robert Woods, WR USC
    3. Arizona Cardinals - Matt Barkley, QB USC
    4. Minnesota Vikings - Star Lotulelei, DT Utah
    5. Indianapolis Colts - Barkevious Mingo, OLB LSU
    6. St. Louis Rams - Jarvis Jones, OLB Georgia
    7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Sam Montgomery, DE LSU
    8. St. Louis Rams from Redskins - Taylor Lewan, OT Michigan
    9. Oakland Raiders - Tyler Wilson, QB Arkansas
    10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - David Amerson, CB/S NC State
    11. Tennessee Titans - Bjoern Werner, DE Florida State
    12. New York Jets - Sean Porter, OLB Texas A&M
    13. Dallas Cowboys - Eric Reid, S LSU
    14. Cincinnati Bengals - Marcus Lattimore, RB South Carolina
    15. Buffalo Bills - Keenan Allen, WR California
    16. Chicago Bears - Johnathan Hankins, NT Ohio State
    17. Carolina Panthers - Dee Milliner, CB Alabama
    18. Kansas City Chiefs - Tyler Bray, QB Tennessee
    19. San Francisco 49ers - Chance Warmack, OG Alabama
    20. New Orleans Saints - Jackson Jeffcoat, DE Texas
    21. Atlanta Falcons - Manti Te'O, MLB Notre Dame
    22. Pittsburgh Steelers - CJ Mosley, MLB Alabama
    23. San Diego Chargers - Chris Faulk, OT LSU
    24. Detroit Lions - Xavier Rhodes, CB Florida State
    25. Seattle Seahawks - DJ Fluker, OT Alabama
    26. Denver Broncos - Barrett Jones, OG/OC Alabama
    27. New York Giants - William Gholston, DE Michigan State
    28. Baltimore Ravens - Oday Aboushi, OT Virginia
    29. Philadelphia Eagles - TJ McDonald, S USC
    30. Houston Texans - Justin Hunter, WR Tennessee
    31. Green Bay Packers - Travis Frederick, OG/OC Wisconsin
    32. New England Patriots - Tony Jefferson, S Oklahoma



    Broncos Draft
    1. Barrett Jones, OG/OC Alabama
    A very smart and high character player. A tough football player who's played Tackle, Guard and Center. Has the versatility that our staff likes in the o-line. Can upgrade Walton or Beadles.
    ESPNU Feature

    2. Kyle Fuller, CB Virginia Tech
    Impressed me at the Michigan game last season and impressed me even more against Georgia Tech. Unlike a lot of corners who can't tackle, Fuller can hit and loves to hit. Has good coverage skills and speed, runs well with recievers. And knows how to get off blocks in the run game.
    Hit against ECU

    3. Le'Veon Bell, RB Michigan State
    A tough work horse back. Carried the ball 44 times against Boise. I hope they don't run him to the ground and ruin him. He could be the power to Hillmans speed and have us a 1-2 punch.
    vs. Boise State (2012)
    2011 Highlight

    4. Lamarcus Joyner, S Florida State
    Say what you want about his size but Joyner is a baller. He's 5'8 195 and reminds me of Bob Sanders. Hes fast, really good instincts and loves to hit. Someone that just pops out the screen when watching Florida State games. Due to lack of size will drop him.
    2011 Hightlight

    5. Jared Abbrederis, WR Wisconsin
    He's the type of reciever I think who could excel with Manning. Smart, quick has good hands. Also has good size and really good speed.
    Punt Return TD
    36 yd. TD vs. Nebraska
    Wisconsin Feature

    7. Jordan Kovacs, S Michigan
    I know I already have us taking a safety but just a guy to take a flyer on in the 7th. This guy reminds me of Jim Leonhard. The guy who will give a 110% every play. Like Leonhard, he had a rough path to play college football. He has average speed but is worth to take a flyer on in later rounds.
    Jordan Kovacs Feature
    Last edited by one5beast; 09-03-2012 at 10:15 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,959
    I would love Barrett Jones (if CJ Mosley is gone) in the first round. The guy is an absolute stud. The rest of the Broncos' draft is just 'OK' IMO. I also like Le'Veon Bell, but I do not think he would be available that late in the 3rd round. And Logan Thomas over Matt Barkley would make me laugh so incredibly hard.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pullman, WA
    Posts
    1,217
    So I guess you dont think WSU Wr Marques Wilson is gonna leave after his junior year? He's a lock for the first if he does

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,232
    In your draft, what did we use to trade up? Super Bowl winners always draft #32?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    Quote Originally Posted by one5beast View Post
    And my explanation for Charlie with the Logan Thomas pick. I know you want Barkley but with your new owner being a "1,000 percent Steelers fan", he might see him as a Ben Roethlisberger type QB. He's still a little raw with great upside and showed against Georgia Tech he can lead his team at the end of the game.

    1. Cleveland Browns - Logan Thomas, QB Virginia Tech
    You are right, my answer is no, no, no, no, no.

    Even with Barkley - I said the Browns will draft Barkley in jest. The Browns desperately need a #1 receiver. The Browns still do not have that. They have a whole bunch of #2 or #3 receivers but none that will dominate. Greg Little could at best be a decent #2 receiver, Gordon, his ceiling is the exact same - though I see him not even being that good. The team loves selecting receivers that can compete with Josh Cribbs to be the number 3 receiver. That is why they drafted Little, that is why they drafted Benjamin, and that is why they selected Gordon. But, still nobody even REMOTELY close to an AJ Green. The offense is run by IDIOTS. The receivers are horrible. The team still lacks a number 1 receiver and untill that is addressed they can have Joe Shmoe at QB for all I care (though I want it to be McCoy).

    The team just wasted a selection on a quarterback - they are stupid and a complete joke if they do it again. They want to go with WEEDen. They made their bed - now they have to sleep in it. Even if it takes them deeper into the garbage dump.

    What the team needs to do is get a REAL receiver. Get a REAL TE. Then they need to address depth at linebacker because they have a whole bunch of veterans.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,182
    Quote Originally Posted by BF_forever View Post
    So I guess you dont think WSU Wr Marques Wilson is gonna leave after his junior year? He's a lock for the first if he does
    I think he comes out and has a chance to be a 1st round pick but this is such a deep WR class. It was hard for me to have Justin Hunter so low in the draft. I tried to put him up higher in the draft but couldn't. And then there's Cordarrelle Patterson who can sneak up and rise in draft boards. Right now I have Wilson the 4th best receiver behind Woods, Allen, and Hunter.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    You are right, my answer is no, no, no, no, no.

    Even with Barkley - I said the Browns will draft Barkley in jest. The Browns desperately need a #1 receiver. The Browns still do not have that. They have a whole bunch of #2 or #3 receivers but none that will dominate. Greg Little could at best be a decent #2 receiver, Gordon, his ceiling is the exact same - though I see him not even being that good. The team loves selecting receivers that can compete with Josh Cribbs to be the number 3 receiver. That is why they drafted Little, that is why they drafted Benjamin, and that is why they selected Gordon. But, still nobody even REMOTELY close to an AJ Green. The offense is run by IDIOTS. The receivers are horrible. The team still lacks a number 1 receiver and untill that is addressed they can have Joe Shmoe at QB for all I care (though I want it to be McCoy).

    The team just wasted a selection on a quarterback - they are stupid and a complete joke if they do it again. They want to go with WEEDen. They made their bed - now they have to sleep in it. Even if it takes them deeper into the garbage dump.

    What the team needs to do is get a REAL receiver. Get a REAL TE. Then they need to address depth at linebacker because they have a whole bunch of veterans.
    True the browns need to get a WR and TE. But it's a new owner and this might be Holmgreens last year there and there's probably going to be a whole new regime. Guys who didn't draft Weeden. And like usual, new regimes will want their own hand picked QB. Browns really screwed themselves picking him in the draft.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    You are right, my answer is no, no, no, no, no.

    Even with Barkley - I said the Browns will draft Barkley in jest. The Browns desperately need a #1 receiver. The Browns still do not have that. They have a whole bunch of #2 or #3 receivers but none that will dominate. Greg Little could at best be a decent #2 receiver, Gordon, his ceiling is the exact same - though I see him not even being that good. The team loves selecting receivers that can compete with Josh Cribbs to be the number 3 receiver. That is why they drafted Little, that is why they drafted Benjamin, and that is why they selected Gordon. But, still nobody even REMOTELY close to an AJ Green. The offense is run by IDIOTS. The receivers are horrible. The team still lacks a number 1 receiver and untill that is addressed they can have Joe Shmoe at QB for all I care (though I want it to be McCoy).

    The team just wasted a selection on a quarterback - they are stupid and a complete joke if they do it again. They want to go with WEEDen. They made their bed - now they have to sleep in it. Even if it takes them deeper into the garbage dump.

    What the team needs to do is get a REAL receiver. Get a REAL TE. Then they need to address depth at linebacker because they have a whole bunch of veterans.
    Why can't Gordon develop into a No. 1 WR?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    8,624
    Us at 26 is a joke!

    I love Le'Veon Bell and Barrett Jones so nice draft.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Why can't Gordon develop into a No. 1 WR?
    Two years out of football. Supplemental pick.

    Need I say more? We are not talking about an AJ Green or Larry Fitzgerald here. We are talking about a player that the horrible Browns front office felt was worth a second round selection. That is the same exact round where MoMass and Brian Robiskie were selected.

    He is not a #1 receiver.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,618
    Wait, hold up.

    Barkley #2 to Logan Thomas. What. The.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Not bad, i think we need a DT in Rounds 2 or 3 since Bannan, Warren, and Vickerson are FA's at seasons end, though i guess Siliga could replace one of them.

    And we re-sign Vickerson or Warren if they perform well.

    Would love the OG/C from Bama though, that OL is stupid good.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,981
    Matt Barkley is not an untouchable, lock for the number one pick. He is not a Andrew Luck type of guy who no matter what would have been the number 1 pick. Before Landry Jones struggles at the end of 2011 it was a toss up who would be drafted higher between him and Matt Barkley. I could see about 4 guys now being in the discussion for the top pick with Matt Barkley. Thomas, Bray, Wilson and Landry could all push for that spot no doubt.

    I think if Jonathan Hankins is out there where he is it would be great to move up and try to grab him. Especially if the trading down and up is the same as it was last year. And also the same with Xavier Rhodes. Move up for him if he is that close to our pick. They both would be instant impact players for us and fill holes and add huge potential.
    Last edited by johnlimburg; 09-04-2012 at 10:18 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Not bad, i think we need a DT in Rounds 2 or 3 since Bannan, Warren, and Vickerson are FA's at seasons end, though i guess Siliga could replace one of them.

    And we re-sign Vickerson or Warren if they perform well.

    Would love the OG/C from Bama though, that OL is stupid good.
    Denver goes 6 deep at DT and we still cannot escape fans wanting DTs..

    smh.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Denver goes 6 deep at DT and we still cannot escape fans wanting DTs..

    smh.
    Next year our DT's are Unrein, Wolfe, and Siliga if he's not claimed.

    Color me not impressed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •