Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,433

    Infraction Question

    I got an infraction I feel is a mistake. With all due respect to mods they are humans and make mistakes like the rest of us.

    Who can I call at the Bronco franchise to disucss this issue? Who there is in charge of what goes on at the website? Maybe I just call the general number and ask?

    Thank you for the help
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

  2. #2
    theMileHighGuy is offline
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    away from home
    Posts
    11,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I got an infraction I feel is a mistake. With all due respect to mods they are humans and make mistakes like the rest of us.

    Who can I call at the Bronco franchise to disucss this issue? Who there is in charge of what goes on at the website? Maybe I just call the general number and ask?

    Thank you for the help
    You should start by PMing a mod they'll receive it much faster. If you're trying to go over a mod's head then it probably wasn't a mistake.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,433
    Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    You should start by PMing a mod they'll receive it much faster. If you're trying to go over a mod's head then it probably wasn't a mistake.
    I plan on doing everything possible until it is taken away.

    Have already PM the mod and not gotten a response yet.

    I will contact everyone I possibly can until this issue has eyes on it.

    I feel it was done unfairly so honestly I want as many eyes on it as possible.

    It would be nice to have a mod say "ya your right that was a little bit of an over reaction on our part" but i seriously doubt that will happen.

    My guess is I am going to have to get someone over their head to look at it and say "was that really required?"
    Last edited by Hadez; 09-16-2012 at 06:05 AM.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    21,840
    With all due respect, I'm sure the Denver Broncos have more pressing needs than a pissing match with a member and moderators on a messageboard.

    Community Issues is probably the best place to post a thread and "get eyes" on it.

    Hooray, beer!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,433
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    With all due respect, I'm sure the Denver Broncos have more pressing needs than a pissing match with a member and moderators on a messageboard.

    Community Issues is probably the best place to post a thread and "get eyes" on it.
    With all due respect, i feel you are not giving this issue its required respect. This is not a pissing match. This is a disagreement about how the Infraction System is being managed and if it is being done fairly.

    There is a discipline system that has been approved by the Bronco Franchise. If it is not being used fairly then the Bronco franchise needs to be made aware of it.

    Right now it does not feel fair, if something happens that changes my mind I will back off.

    Until then I will put together a plan of action like I would in any buisness situation. Like any buisness situation I am part of I will go as high as I need to until I feel things are being done fairly.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

  6. #6
    theMileHighGuy is offline
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    away from home
    Posts
    11,121
    Is what you did in any way shape or form against the CoC? If it is at all then it's warranted.

    And why care about something so much that means absolutely nothing in the long run?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    21,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    With all due respect, i feel you are not giving this issue its required respect. This is not a pissing match. This is a disagreement about how the Infraction System is being managed and if it is being done fairly.

    There is a discipline system that has been approved by the Bronco Franchise. If it is not being used fairly then the Bronco franchise needs to be made aware of it.

    Right now it does not feel fair, if something happens that changes my mind I will back off.

    Until then I will put together a plan of action like I would in any buisness situation. Like any buisness situation I am part of I will go as high as I need to until I feel things are being done fairly.

    I've argued my fair share of infractions. If I thought it was unfair, I'd post in community issues and we would discuss it. If it was a fair infraction, then that's what it was. If it was an overreaction then it got reversed. Sometimes I thought I was getting iip'd for one part of my post, but then realized it was another.

    Community issues, I believe, is still the better option for you.

    Hooray, beer!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,433
    Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Is what you did in any way shape or form against the CoC? If it is at all then it's warranted.

    And why care about something so much that means absolutely nothing in the long run?
    It can lead to account banning. If one unfair infraction can be given then so can another and another. I do not know why it is happening but it is. Maybe it is not even the mods maybe they were told by someone higher to keep control of the forums when the season starts I dunno. It sounds dumb but the forums got crazy the last few years because of Tebow fans who were not Bronco fans and before that McD drama caused allot of problems. It is quiet this year and would not expect any actions from Mods to be harsh on the forums so I do not know what is going on.

    Maybe I have to make this noise so that they do not have to give out unfair infractions. Like I said I do not know why it is happening but I been part of this community too long to allow things like this to happen without doing something about it.

    I have taken infractions before without saying a word...if I make a mistake then I own it and try to do better in the future.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,433
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I've argued my fair share of infractions. If I thought it was unfair, I'd post in community issues and we would discuss it. If it was a fair infraction, then that's what it was. If it was an overreaction then it got reversed. Sometimes I thought I was getting iip'd for one part of my post, but then realized it was another.

    Community issues, I believe, is still the better option for you.
    well mostly I was starting this thread to get information to fight this in e-mails, phone calls and letters but people started asking about it and a coversation has started.

    As for the details of the infraction as I recall it is not ok to talk about that on the forums so I will not go into details.

    A long time ago, wanna say it was 2009 Spring, someone gave me contact information about the person at the Denver Broncos who "runs things" at the website. I can not find the information in my old e-mails so was hoping to get it again and that is why I posted this here. I can probably find it myself but will take a while...
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

  10. #10
    theMileHighGuy is offline
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    away from home
    Posts
    11,121
    Well best of luck if you feel that passionately about it. I haven't seen many IPs overturned. Please don't get yourself banned arguing this one thing too aggressively I would hate to see that you've been here as long as I have.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,612
    I would use the community issues section, because using the forums so "every sees" isn't the best course of action. I would recommend starting one in the community issue and start from there. Starting a thread like this could be course of an infraction. There isn't a point to post it here since no one outside of a mod would be able to do anything.

    Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,433
    Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Well best of luck if you feel that passionately about it. I haven't seen many IPs overturned. Please don't get yourself banned arguing this one thing too aggressively I would hate to see that you've been here as long as I have.
    thanks for your concern. I have gotten many infractions, though none for 19 months before a week or two ago.

    I keep your words in mind
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,433
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    I would use the community issues section, because using the forums so "every sees" isn't the best course of action. I would recommend starting one in the community issue and start from there. Starting a thread like this could be course of an infraction. There isn't a point to post it here since no one outside of a mod would be able to do anything.
    understood

    with all due respect to the posters trying to help I am 100% positive my 1st post is ok but all the talk after is what may qualify as a bigger infraction so I am not going to discuss this anymore.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,753
    And that is probably a good idea to avoid anything being posted here that would be an IP. I am going to lock this thread as Hadez said he does not want to discuss this here any further.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Denver.
    Posts
    0
    For the record, "Calling someone" has been replaced with posting in the CI Forum.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •