Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: manti te'o

manti te'o

he is the best backer in college ball. and he is the middle linebacker we need to solidfy this defense. i would utterly support a move to trade up to get him. how do you all feel?

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I love this pick BUT if he was available when we picked (which is possible) and a shut-down CB was available, knowing we will need (figuring Porter is probably a one year shot and Champ can't play forever) a CB next season, which one do you pick? I would take the shut down corner. I hope Elway takes the best player available!

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    I love this pick BUT if he was available when we picked (which is possible) and a shut-down CB was available, knowing we will need (figuring Porter is probably a one year shot and Champ can't play forever) a CB next season, which one do you pick? I would take the shut down corner. I hope Elway takes the best player available!
    I'd take an elite MLB over an elite CB. Not sure if Te'o is elite or anything but a great MLB that can play three downs would completely change this defense.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=382185&dateline=13182  11057
    Thank you Charger$

I would go for Te'o. There will be no shut down corner available for our pick, because those guys go top 10 no question.

That said, if it were Amerson vs. Te'o, I would go for Amerson, but like I said, I doubt it'll come to that. Any other CB and I'll go with Te'o. He is the next great linebacker, and if Del Rio and Fox both got his hands on him, we would be dominant with DJ, Von, and Te'o.

If we could go Te'o in the first and Margus Hunt or William Gholston in the second, we would truly be on our way to being elite on defense, IMO. Imagine a front seven with Doom- Wolfe- Vickerson - Hunt and DJ - Te'o - Von. Unbelievable.

I go Te'o everyday of the week and twice on Sunday's. The guy can be the Willis, Vilma, or Urlacher of the D. In fact I'd make a Julio Jones type trade to get him. IMO he ends up going as high or higher than where Kuechly went this year. Intelligent, physical, and passionate.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    I would go for Te'o. There will be no shut down corner available for our pick, because those guys go top 10 no question.

That said, if it were Amerson vs. Te'o, I would go for Amerson, but like I said, I doubt it'll come to that. Any other CB and I'll go with Te'o. He is the next great linebacker, and if Del Rio and Fox both got his hands on him, we would be dominant with DJ, Von, and Te'o.

If we could go Te'o in the first and Margus Hunt or William Gholston in the second, we would truly be on our way to being elite on defense, IMO. Imagine a front seven with Doom- Wolfe- Vickerson - Hunt and DJ - Te'o - Von. Unbelievable.
    I agree with everything except for Amerson over Te'o, watched him play Tenn. to see how he'd fare against NFL caliber receivers and he left me very unimpressed. I'll go back at the end of the season, and make a more complete eval, but watching him against Tenn. I was like are you sure he's not a safety?

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

I think Teo will go in the top ten. Getting him might be a bit of a pipe dream.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    i believe he will be more likely gone before we pick, but his talent level over any of our mlb. or any other mlb in the draft. big enough i would do a block buster trade to get him.

oakland raders gm

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Would you make a big trade up to draft him?

This is one of our missing pieces
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=382185&dateline=13182  11057
    Thank you Charger$

I'm going out on a limb and say he ends up a Raven. They need to find a replacement for Ray Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post

I believe he was talking about trading up to get Te'o anyway. If we don't get him we still have Mays but if we lose Porter and/or Bailey we have very little depth behind them!
    I like your front seven dream but not sure if we would ever get that lucky.

I like Te'o and would be very happy if they traded up to draft him. Definitely would be an upgrade.

I believe he was talking about trading up to get Te'o anyway. If we don't get him we still have Mays but if we lose Porter and/or Bailey we have very little depth behind them!
    I like your front seven dream but not sure if we would ever get that lucky.
    mays is useless. he is probably the worst mlb starting in the nfl this year. i mean at cb we also have young guys who are looking promising in chris harris or Omar Boldin, both could have promising carreers ahead of them. at mlb we joe mays who can ony play 2 downs and is terrible. and steven johnson, a guy who was undrafted and i know nothing about.

oakland raders gm

Te'o is probably the best and most consistent defensive player ND has ever had.

I really like the fact that instead of going for those huge hits like he did in his freshman year he now wraps up his tackles and is our best wrap up tackler on the team.

His pass protection imo is better than our safety's (Zeke Motta). Which shows how much he's grown over the years. My biggest thing with him is that he decided to come back for his senior year which shows he's a team player/leader and isn't just about money. I gained so much respect for him because of that decision. He's an awesome guy off the field too, he carries himself with class.

There's going to be no way we get him though. Which is a pity.

Quote Originally Posted by FabrizioHC View Post
    I'm going out on a limb and say he ends up a Raven. They need to find a replacement for Ray Lewis.
    Unless they trade way up he'll be long gone by the time they pick.