Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Thread: manti te'o

I'm not fully down for giving so much to get one player.. unless it were an absolute must at a more pivotal position..

To move into the top 5 we are going to have to lose our 2nd, and next years 1st.. no way around that.

With Manning where he his health-wise, and a complete unknown in Osweiler that could be dangerous
    With Carter potentially being a 1 year wonder that could be dangerous
    With our complete lack of depth at WR and OL that could be even more dangerous..

I'd rather see what we can come up with in DJ and Trevathan.. And depending on how Malik Jackson progresses we might even move Doom back up to a Linebacker position..

This draft (as well as next years) needs to be focused on strengthening our NT position, finding WR depth, and keeping the O-line insured.. Very high priorities for us now.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    I doubt Pat Bowlen would give up his home for a MLB.
    What if a dinosaur stepped on it and decreased its value?

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Our first, 2014's first, a third, and a fourth might be fair to move up and get him. It would take more than that. Atlanta gave up 5 picks. Te'o won't get out of the top 5. I would love to do it just to keep him from being a Chief or a Raider, because I'm pretty sure he'll go to either of those teams. It would be nice to be solid in the middle for once, and not relying on playing guys who are 40 years old, or out of their natural position.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    What if a dinosaur stepped on it and decreased its value?

Land value has to play a factor here.....
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

I would do it, to get a guy who can play the run as well if not better than Brooking and cover TEs and is elite in zone coverage. I love SFs model where guys like Willis and Bowman play every snap plus ST. To get an intelligent, leader, and everydown guy would elevate our D.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I would do it, to get a guy who can play the run as well if not better than Brooking and cover TEs and is elite in zone coverage. I love SFs model where guys like Willis and Bowman play every snap plus ST. To get an intelligent, leader, and everydown guy would elevate our D.
    It'd be fantastic yes..

but at the cost of potentially putting other crucial spots at risk? We have almost zero depth in those places...

- What happens next year if Champ is hurt? Man's not getting any younger. Hope and prey that Carter and Harris keep progressing?

- What happens if we were to lost Kuper again or worse even Clady?

-What do we do when if Thomas or Decker goes down? Test the double coverage and expect Stokely to stop ageing?

-Are we going to put all our eggs in the Bannan, Vickerson interior every season until they retire too??

I'm not saying we are going to automatically fix all that with our picks.. We'd be essentially giving up 3-4 potentially crucial roster spots to get that one guy..

Quote Originally Posted by omahaBroncoFan View Post
    A 1st, 3rd, and a 4th? I suppose I would and I'm not even near as crazy about Teo as other people.

Giving up our 3rd and 4th for that move up is far from giving up that much. By the time our 3rd and 4th round picks come up late in those rounds, the first few wave levels of talent are already gone. So does one want 4 picks, each late in each of the first 4 rounds, or Teo and a late 2nd. With both options... putting on the lets be real hat about each draft position prospects of success... with both options we probably walk away with 2 starting caliber players.

However, even if Teo is available at about 10ish, it will probably take a more to grab him, and the deal you put on the table is about where I'd draw the line.
    This. If the cost is that low sure, but the cost won't be that low. In all likelihood it would take a future 1st or at the very least our 2nd this year and some additional picks. With that in mind I'd pass.

Also you have to argue that if the Broncos are going to trade up is Te'o even the best option? A DT like Star or Hankins might provide a bigger upgrade to our defense than Te'o. Particularly when you consider that the Broncos are pretty well off at LB in nickel situations and they really only need someone that could upgrade the base defense. And they could get someone like Minter or Skov who could do exactly that at the end of the first (Minter) or a round or two later (Skov).

Considering we all know Elway wants to build through the draft, I don't think he will want to trade 5 high round picks to get one player at a position that isn't even in that bad of shape.
    New York Football Giants GM

Can't figure out why Shannon Sharpe doesn't like Teo.

Was tweeting about him a few days ago.

"He's not lewis,willis,keuckly.Just a guy. RT @Heatspeare @ShannonSharpe @ColinOverboard He's a MLB, so his job is not to sack the QB lol. No MLB can sack the QB the 14 times."

Adopted by JakeNbake

Sig by Freyaka

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Mike View Post
    It'd be fantastic yes..

but at the cost of potentially putting other crucial spots at risk? We have almost zero depth in those places...

- What happens next year if Champ is hurt? Man's not getting any younger. Hope and prey that Carter and Harris keep progressing?

- What happens if we were to lost Kuper again or worse even Clady?

-What do we do when if Thomas or Decker goes down? Test the double coverage and expect Stokely to stop ageing?

-Are we going to put all our eggs in the Bannan, Vickerson interior every season until they retire too??

I'm not saying we are going to automatically fix all that with our picks.. We'd be essentially giving up 3-4 potentially crucial roster spots to get that one guy..
    FA is for filling needs. The draft is for getting the BPA, and if the FO feels Te'o would have the biggest impact then you do it. The argument of losing a guy is a poor way to measure it. What if Doom goes down? What if MIller, who can rush the passer if they go down. The offseason showed you dont need to draft for depth, we got both Brooking and Koppen for depth.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I would do it, to get a guy who can play the run as well if not better than Brooking
    As if that's something to brag about.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    As if that's something to brag about.
    Considering they became a top 5 run D with him in, ya it is...
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

I would have to agree with somebody who posted earlier in if I was going to trade up that far I would rather it be for a stud DT than a MLB. Having said that this draft is deep for DT's so not really seeing that as the best option either.

Te'o would be great to have on this team and if the Broncos got him I would definitely be very excited to see that but unless he falls on draft day I just don't see the reward outweighing the cost. We already have one of the best run defenses in the NFL. We already have one of the better nickel defenses in the NFL so I guess how much more is Te'o going to bring to this defense that we don't already have? Right now I see our biggest weakness on defense being that we struggle to get any interior pass rush going or at least even pushing the pocket back to make a quarterback uncomfortable. If the Broncos could find that then I have a hard time seeing any team beat the Broncos without getting at least some lucky bounces.

No thanks. Teo is a good one but Im way more interested in Alex Ogletree of Georgia and Jon Bostic of Florida. I think both players have alot of room to grow. I would be tempted to draft Ogletree in the first if he's there. Plus factor in Kevin Minter of LSU and Arther Brown of Kansas State, moving up that high and for what it would cost isnt worth it. Id like to see us take a shot at Kiko Alonso of Oregon in the later rounds if we dont draft a MLB in the top half. He's a high motor guy with a nose for the ball.

Arthur Brown in the 2nd round. That's all we will need. Most see him as an OLB.. I do not. I think he can bump up to 235-240 and be a heck on a Mike.