Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast

Thread: manti te'o

Didn't Warren Sapp have a bad NC game, where he was constantly caught in over pursuit?

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Well I checked some rankings and hype update type things.

Walterfootball thinks it will be hard for Manti to go top 20 now.

If he falls to the 20-25 range we have to trade up.. won't take too much to do that and honestly.. I think he will still be a top linebacker in the NFL. We would be crazy not to with ILB being a huge need. He proved last night playing in a 3-4 might not be his best route because he didn't shed blocks well so maybe he will fit with a 4-3 defense. Gosh, some team outside the top part of the first round just lucked out.. Pittsburgh will be the main concern but so will the Ravens if the Broncos beat them Saturday.

After the game he had last night the gap between him, Alec Ogletree, Arthur Brown and Kevin Minter isnt that big. I think Teo is a good player but not the one everyone thinks he is. I would much rather have Ogletree in the first or Minter in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle View Post
    As mentioned above, in my opinion (for whatever its worth) Jarvis Jones, CJ Moseley, Kevin Minter, Alec Ogletree, and Jon Bostic all played at a higher level than Te'o.
    Jarvis Jones is a pass rusher, he can't be compared to a MLB. Minter did not play at a higher level when you watch his games, he benefits from a lot of talent around him, cleans up a lot of tackles. Bostic definitely didn't play at a higher level than Te'o, Bostic will not be a MLB in the NFL. He can't get off blocks to save his life. Ogletree isn't a MLB in the NFL either, he doesn't play well between the tackles and he overruns plays quite a bit. Bostic and Ogletree are both WLBs in the NFL.

While I do agree that Te'o is/was overrated. 1 game doesn't make him the 3rd best LB prospect. But a bunch of interceptions look great and all but are hardly reproducible.

Also he has speed to burn and is a sideline to sideline player. So whoever thinks he is slow, is just flat out wrong. He has flaws, he needs to work on his tackling form and block shedding... But with his talent do you not think JDR could develop him? And everyone understands he had a bad game, but the whole ND defense was awful, had he had a good game Bama still wins by as much.

The only inside linebacker in contention of being as good as him is Minter, and really I'd be more than fine with either one. And I believe somewhere in this thread somebody said Minter didn't have speed also... 4.5 to 4.6 speed is really good...

Alec Ogletree shouldn't be drafted till the middle of the 2nd round, and as an OLB only.

I wouldn't even take Te'o if he fell to us at 32. I think Minter is a better mlb prospect and I like Mosley a ton as well. Te'o isnt a bad player but I think he will be an average mlb in the NFL. I haven't been high on him at all during this season and I really question his physical attributes. I think he will run slower then people think in the 40 and I think his shuttle time will be worse then several other backers.

Tuitt and Nix are the only two guys I like on that defense and team in general and I think Te'o will be way over drafted. Imo Kuechly was a much better mlb prospect last year and was not nearly as hyped as te'o. Call it a hunch or just my opinion but I see a good college player that will not be more then average at the next level.
    Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
    Supporting this staff!
    Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

First off, I believe he should go to a 4-3 team where he doesn't have to shed blocks as much. That was a major problem has night. Second, I think he would do well with the Broncos.. draft a solid defensive tackle in the 2nd and continue to add to the already dominate defense.

Quote Originally Posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    While I do agree that Te'o is/was overrated. 1 game doesn't make him the 3rd best LB prospect. But a bunch of interceptions look great and all but are hardly reproducible.

Also he has speed to burn and is a sideline to sideline player. So whoever thinks he is slow, is just flat out wrong. He has flaws, he needs to work on his tackling form and block shedding... But with his talent do you not think JDR could develop him? And everyone understands he had a bad game, but the whole ND defense was awful, had he had a good game Bama still wins by as much.

The only inside linebacker in contention of being as good as him is Minter, and really I'd be more than fine with either one. And I believe somewhere in this thread somebody said Minter didn't have speed also... 4.5 to 4.6 speed is really good...

Alec Ogletree shouldn't be drafted till the middle of the 2nd round, and as an OLB only.
    I know what my eyes see and Jarvis Jones and Alec Ogletree are both better football players than Teo.. MLB, OLB, 4-3, 3-4, whatever.. they're better football players

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog1002 View Post
    I know what my eyes see and Jarvis Jones and Alec Ogletree are both better football players than Teo.. MLB, OLB, 4-3, 3-4, whatever.. they're better football players
    Then get your eyes checked because neither Jones nor Ogletree can play the Mike, at least year 1.

Just because a player is listed as a LB doesn't make him mike material.

My guy - hopefully third, maybe second round (depending on his offseason) - for our next MLB is Kiko Alonso. This guy was great in his bowl game and has a good body (6'4" @ 240) and instincts. Yes, he had some trouble early on in college, but he has put that behind him (the next few months will tell us of course). I think this kid has the chance to be special - his best games are in the highest pressure games (Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl the last two years).

I agree that Te'o is going to be a great LB - but we already have the best LB in the league He was caught standing around too much in the run game and the passing game against Alabama, yes they were the lesser team by a mile, but would I give up Julio Jones type move up package for him? We have needs and want to stay at the top of the league for a long time.

Best player available. If Te'o is there at # 32, take him.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

about as overrated as ND
    -------

Te'o is a good player, and his stock has probably fallen after the Championship game. I'm not sure if he'll fall to the Broncos, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DEN_Manning_18 View Post
    Te'o is a good player, and his stock has probably fallen after the Championship game. I'm not sure if he'll fall to the Broncos, though.
    He won't nor should he, but in the middle of the first round he's a great value and a perfect fit in our defense. Fox and JDR's scheme's are most effective when they have someone in the middle of the field directing the rest of the defense. I mean look at the difference Brooking has made to base the defense even though he's on his last legs. The defense struggled with Mays because Mays was all over the place and others had to cover up for his mistakes. With Te'o you get a guy who is always in the right place and will make his teammates better. The comments others have made about how his INT's are pure luck is just laughable. His INT's are the result of positioning and awareness sure some luck is involved, but the MLB's that get the most INT's are not these natural ball hawks that cover like DB's they are the guys that know where to be and know where the ball is at all times. This is what separates Te'o and allows him to make plays that others don't have the awareness to make.

I'd have no qualms about packaging our first and second to move up to get him. Anything more is a bit pricey, but with Alabama embarrassing ND in the championship game there is now a good chance he falls to mid first.