Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Sorry had to post this.

Key to the game I think is our interior pass rush. Guys like Derek Wolfe and Bannan need to come to play. Brady, like Brees and Rodgers are often able to avoid the outside rush by stepping up into the pocket.

We need to get some push inside to prevent this. Maybe send Von up the middle a few times? Or give Brady some of the looks we gave Palmer with everyone standing up. That being said its tough to fool Brady, so again, our big guys must get some push!
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    No reason why we can't win. Patriots haven't looked great, and were down 21-7 at halftime last week. Unfortunately they were playing against the Bills so they were able to flip a switch and burn them, but hopefully with Manning at the helm that won't be able to happen.

It's gonna be extremely hard to beat them at their place, but there's no reason why we can't do it.
    Don't Forget, the Bills has 6, yes 6 turnovers in that game..... there is no reason we can't beat the Patriots, none whatsoever. If we don't turn the ball over, play some good Defense, and the Offense can score come 7's instead of 3's, we can win...
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Quote Originally Posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post
    I saw the Pats first hand yesterday at Ralph Wilson stadium so I'll throw in my two cents.

First thing is their running game must be stopped! They sliced the Bills for 10 yards up the middle every single play. And when they didn't run it up the guy they did an out pattern to Wes Welker. To be honest, I cannot remember ever seeing a team rely on so few plays to win...and not only win but obliterate with 45 second half points!

Unlike the Bills we're going to need Fox and the rest of the coaching staff to step up and make the proper adjustments. The Pats after all are 2-2 and can be beaten...It's just how well we gameplan (unlike last years playoffs )

And of course as with any game you must win the turnover battle
    As a fellow Bills fans, I assume you found that second half cringeworthy but no that surpising, huh?

You right about adjustments though- Wanny did nothing different in the second half, and just watched 45 points be scored at will...... I am going to give Del Rio Credit and say he will make adjustments as the Pats are a different team in the second half than the first...
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

I think it should be noted that this year the secondary has been much improved with the addition of Porter. The Pats' number one reciever, Brandon Lloyd, is a former Bronco and will be covered by one of the top-3 CBs in football. I would bet they'll try to spread the field and run sweeps with Woodhead to the weak side to test the pursuit. Gronk will most likely be targeted 10+ times as well. I think it all comes down to TOP. Unlike last time, the Broncos have a pocket passer capable of eating up some clock which will play to our advantage.

http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by The94thHour View Post
    I think it should be noted that this year the secondary has been much improved with the addition of Porter. The Pats' number one reciever, Brandon Lloyd, is a former Bronco and will be covered by one of the top-3 CBs in football. I would bet they'll try to spread the field and run sweeps with Woodhead to the weak side to test the pursuit. Gronk will most likely be targeted 10+ times as well. I think it all comes down to TOP. Unlike last time, the Broncos have a pocket passer capable of eating up some clock which will play to our advantage.

The number one receiver is Wes Welker and is virtually uncoverable right now. He looks like his quickness, speed, and burst are all back now. Brandon Lloyd would be number two, and even that is dangerous all in itself, especially being that he knows the Bronco's defense. And Gronkowski, the best tightend in football will definitely be targeted more .... but then again, you have that freak rotation at runningback of Ridley's believe it or not and B-Bolden not to mention Danny Woodhead, Deion Branch and Julian Edelman who can all kill you underneath with their quickness and smarts .. pick your poison affair.

LOL...I Love coming to opposing teams Boards.....What's Up Denver???? What a great rivalry...and now you throw Manning into the mix!!!! This is gonna be a great game.....MacD was here..then there..then someplace else...now back here.......but under the guidance of The Dark side.. I see..lol....
    Who's gonna win this game?.....in the words of the immortal John Madden.."The team with the most points at the end of the game will be the winner!!!" Brilliant......Will the Broncos come into Foxboro and win...well my friends, that's a totally different story! For whatever reason...BB..(That's Bill Belichick) has seemed to have mannings # over the years.....mixing it up...disguising coverages.....a gameplan like no other....on the O side...C'mon...can Denver deal with the hurryu p Offense?....Welker...lloyd....Woodhead...Ridley and Bouldon...can ANYONE in the league stop Gronk???? Only Gronk stops Gronk as we saw last week......I feel it will be a hard fought game...but if Denver doesn't get out to a big lead getting the pats out of their gameplan.......I doubt the Broncos can pull this one out!! I'll be there....in the front row...renewing my relationship with payton once again...He loves hearing from me!!!!
    It's all about the team.....

Quote Originally Posted by Patriots Nation View Post
    LOL...I Love coming to opposing teams Boards.....What's Up Denver???? What a great rivalry...and now you throw Manning into the mix!!!! This is gonna be a great game.....MacD was here..then there..then someplace else...now back here.......but under the guidance of The Dark side.. I see..lol....
    Who's gonna win this game?.....in the words of the immortal John Madden.."The team with the most points at the end of the game will be the winner!!!" Brilliant......Will the Broncos come into Foxboro and win...well my friends, that's a totally different story! For whatever reason...BB..(That's Bill Belichick) has seemed to have mannings # over the years.....mixing it up...disguising coverages.....a gameplan like no other....on the O side...C'mon...can Denver deal with the hurryu p Offense?....Welker...lloyd....Woodhead...Ridley and Bouldon...can ANYONE in the league stop Gronk???? Only Gronk stops Gronk as we saw last week......I feel it will be a hard fought game...but if Denver doesn't get out to a big lead getting the pats out of their gameplan.......I doubt the Broncos can pull this one out!! I'll be there....in the front row...renewing my relationship with payton once again...He loves hearing from me!!!!
    I have to admit, I read this entire post with a Bostonian accent

I think Denver will need to disrupt the rythym of the Patriots offense and keep scoring TD's, not settling for field goals. They will need to control the clock with the running game (Pats Defense is much better against the run this year, IMO) and eliminate turnovers. Denver must win the turnover battle. This should be an epic matchup!
    We are going with Plan A

will work in your favor providing Denver has a lead...ya know?

LOL....a Boston accent? Which one....every area of Boston has a different accent......but non of them have the letter "R" at the end of words...well..that's not true...the "R" is there...just pronounced "AH" LOL

Our perception of the Pats is that they made it to the SB with the Worst D in the league..giving up the Most points in the league.....This year the D is ranked in the top 5 and if it weren't for a missed kick and those god forsaken sub officials...you might be facing a 4-0 team...but..you're not..the record is misleading which is good for us.....Still..the question at hand is when we come out with a 5 receiver set...how do you stop the quick pass to one of many weapons That Brady Guy has??!!
    Last edited by Patriots Nation; 10-01-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Peyton usually does pretty well vs BB. It was Crennel who had Peyton's number along with your vet D back then. Once Romeo left he started putting up points vs you guys. They played 9 times, including the playoffs after Romeo left in 04 and Peyton lost 3 times.

None the less I expect a close game.

will work in your favor providing Denver has a lead...ya know?
    I agree with Turf. I was hearing a Boston accent the whole time reading the post.

Brady may be good at the no huddle and hurry up offense, but Peyton has proved he is just as good when it is used on our team.

We all knew Manning was going to be a tad rusty, shakey and worried about that big hit from the start, but it seems to be all over now that he's got a few games under his belt on his comeback tour.

There is no doubt the Patriots are a scary good team. The fact that McD left St. Louis and is back in New England doesn't bother nor scare us one bit since we are entirely a different squad now especially on the coaching staff. Josh may "think" he knows us, but he will be sadly mistaken if he thinks all that knowledge is still in play.

Patriots have displayed some weaknesses of late and hopefully we will expose them.

I'm nervous about this game but the homer in me says we pull it out in a close high scoring affair.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***