Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    106

    Chargers Ref Thread

    63 pages of blaming the referees!

    http://forums.chargers.com/showthrea...63#post3995363

    Originally blaming the Saints loss...now they're blaming them for the Broncos loss.

    It's so pathetic.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,667
    Last night, I read through the Broncos / Bolts game thread over there. Tons of lulz to be had.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,173
    Sounds like they're all huddled up with their little tin foil hats thinking there is a conspiracy against the Chargers and the game was fixed I do agree with some of them that we were offsides on the Carter fumble return TD though... I wonder how that would've changed the game if the correct call was made. But we had the phantom PI call on Decker, so it goes both ways.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    10,180
    They cannot blame the officials for this loss, I thought the two false starts on Rivers were a little ridiculous. I also realize that there is holding on just about every play, but the Chargers were holding all night, on offense and special teams, and on a kick return they had there was a very obvious block in the back, not to mention we clearly got the fumble recovery on that second fumble. Then of course there was the PI call on Decker. The fact of the matter is they were up 24-0, the refs didn't let us score 35 unanswered points, the Chargers did.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    13,799
    The refs didn't cause a win or lose in that game however they sure did look worse than the replacement refs

    Kirk Tripplett is a moron and isn't my favorite ref

    I don't know what they were thinking at times
    Red 98

    The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,461
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    The refs didn't cause a win or lose in that game however they sure did look worse than the replacement refs

    Kirk Tripplett is a moron and isn't my favorite ref

    I don't know what they were thinking at times
    Agree 100% they made the replacement refs look good.

    First fumble should've been kick catch interference.

    Second fumble I have no idea how Triplett comes to the decision that the Chargers recovered when he was never within 10 yards of the pile. How could he possibly know? Can't believe it wasn't challenged.

    Some bad calls went against th Chargers. But worse ones went against us and put us down early. And kept us from increasing the lead late.

    The refs were horrible last night on both sides.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    montreal Canada
    Posts
    7,614
    Yeh they lost cuz they suck but the ref where pretty crappy...

    The calls on rivers where iffy,the pi on Decker was horrible, the fair catch interference


    Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    13,799
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Agree 100% they made the replacement refs look good.

    First fumble should've been kick catch interference.

    Second fumble I have no idea how Triplett comes to the decision that the Chargers recovered when he was never within 10 yards of the pile. How could he possibly know? Can't believe it wasn't challenged.

    Some bad calls went against th Chargers. But worse ones went against us and put us down early. And kept us from increasing the lead late.

    The refs were horrible last night on both sides.
    At the time I was praying for a challenge and when it didn't happen I figured it was because they REVIEWED it and didn't reverse it

    So Fox couldn't throw the challenge since it was already reviewed

    That was so frustrating
    Red 98

    The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,254
    The refs were bad for both team so in the end it zeros out. I saw plenty of times where Chargers O-Line was holding (mainly on Doom) and it wasn't called and some led to big plays for them. Then of course the phantom offensive PI on Decker was bad. On the Chargers side those false starts on Rivers were bad, but what can you do. At this point, sadly, we expect the refs to be bad.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,225
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Agree 100% they made the replacement refs look good.

    First fumble should've been kick catch interference.

    Second fumble I have no idea how Triplett comes to the decision that the Chargers recovered when he was never within 10 yards of the pile. How could he possibly know? Can't believe it wasn't challenged.

    Some bad calls went against th Chargers. But worse ones went against us and put us down early. And kept us from increasing the lead late.

    The refs were horrible last night on both sides.
    Couple of winners there. Don't know why Chargers fans are complaining about the officiating with those two calls, let alone Doom being held in just about every replay I saw him in. If the Broncos lost, I know I wouldn't be sitting here blaming it on the officials.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    4,230
    HOW IN THE WORLD is that on the Refs? The Chargers were WINNING by 24 points half time!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,005
    The Phantom PI on Decker was practically a way of trying to give them the game back. Heck the first fumble was a borderline fair catch interference

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland.
    Posts
    3,794
    I can understand the false start calls. A defensive lineman doesn't watch the ball, he goes on movement, that's why they leap across the line at the slightest move from an offensive lineman. Rivers simulating having possession by putting his hands out as if he had the ball and his movement under center are designed to try and draw offsides which is apparently whats being stamped out.

    And it's been called on Matt Ryan this season, Big Ben too. It's not as if Rivers' is being picked on. It's a new rule fans don't seem to understand so they get riled up about it.

    From the NFL rules:

    "Quarterbacks can be called for a false start penalty (five yards) if their actions are judged to be an obvious attempt to draw an opponent offside."

    Pretty cut and dry to me. False snap counts are one thing, but simulating having possession is another it appears.

    Not saying I think it's a fantastic rule, but it's a rule that's in place, and it was enforced.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    The Phantom PI on Decker was practically a way of trying to give them the game back. Heck the first fumble was a borderline fair catch interference
    I think that could have easily been fair catch interference and no one would have batted an eye.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyy_47 View Post
    I can understand the false start calls. A defensive lineman doesn't watch the ball, he goes on movement, that's why they leap across the line at the slightest move from an offensive lineman. Rivers simulating having possession by putting his hands out as if he had the ball and his movement under center are designed to try and draw offsides which is apparently whats being stamped out.

    And it's been called on Matt Ryan this season, Big Ben too. It's not as if Rivers' is being picked on. It's a new rule fans don't seem to understand so they get riled up about it.

    From the NFL rules:

    "Quarterbacks can be called for a false start penalty (five yards) if their actions are judged to be an obvious attempt to draw an opponent offside."

    Pretty cut and dry to me. False snap counts are one thing, but simulating having possession is another it appears.

    Not saying I think it's a fantastic rule, but it's a rule that's in place, and it was enforced.
    Problem is I really didn't see anything movement wise that occured with the hardcount. Movement was before and out guys jumped at the hard count and not the movement before it. I believe both the ones on Rivers were probably bad calls but there were multiple bad calls and they balanced out.

    Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •