Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 117
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,383

    Did tracy porter lose the starting position to Tony carter?

    Looking at Tony Carter and Chris Harris awesome play, do you guys think Tracy porter may lose his position to Tony with Chris playing nickel?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    14,373
    No.

    It's one game. Tracy has been fine. Tony will still be depth...for now.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,006
    I'll say this, if I'm JDR and Fox, he definitely just made me consider it...

    I'll also say, on 3rd and longs we should run a dime-like package with a backend of Champ, Carter, and Harris at corner, with Moore and Porter at safety ...

    I don't think Porter lost it yet, (especially considering who we play after the bye) but I'll say this, he better not ever be lazy or slack again...Carter is biting on his tail, so is Harris for the other starting CB spot

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
    Looking at Tony Carter and Chris Harris awesome play, do you guys think Tracy porter may lose his position to Tony with Chris playing nickel?
    Chris should be number two IMO. Even after last year I thought his play deserved it.
    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    24,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Shsonline View Post
    Chris should be number two IMO. Even after last year I thought his play deserved it.
    Harris was awesome tonight but he's still at his best playing the slot. He's tough and very physical, not sure if I like him lining up outside where his short area quickness and strength isn't as useful against the tall and super athletic outside WR's you see in the NFL these days.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    900
    I'd think that he earned a shot, at least. Rivers was being a turnover machine, but the young guys were still making plays when they had the opportunity. They should get the chance to show their stuff for the next game, at least.
    This post may or may not have been written while under the influence of alcohol, and I disclaim all responsibility for its contents, herein...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Downtown Denver
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Harris was awesome tonight but he's still at his best playing the slot. He's tough and very physical, not sure if I like him lining up outside where his short area quickness and strength isn't as useful against the tall and super athletic outside WR's you see in the NFL these days.
    True, he's his best in the slot, but that doesn't mean they can't start him and kick him inside in the nickel

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,936
    They definitely deserve another look to see if they can repeat that performance.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    24,672
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    True, he's his best in the slot, but that doesn't mean they can't start him and kick him inside in the nickel
    If that's the case it's not like it really matters. With the amount of passing in the NFL these days we're running with 3 CB's majority of the time anyways. He gets close to starters snaps as it is.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    11,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Shsonline View Post
    Chris should be number two IMO. Even after last year I thought his play deserved it.
    I'm glad somebody else agrees with me. I've been saying this since the offseason that Harris should be the #2 CB or atleast get a shot at safety.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,052
    IDK the answer to the question, but I am still extremely excited about how those two young DBs played last night. What they did is the very definition of stepping up. I'm glad they are Broncos.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    No.

    It's one game. Tracy has been fine. Tony will still be depth...for now.
    This.................

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    7,415
    Not necessarily. Rivers was forcing throws in the 2nd half. I think if Porter had played he may very well have had two picks. Harris and Carter played very well, but Porter has held his own. The problems we have had in the secondary are related to the lack of a pass rush. We put pressure on Rivers and that caused him to force his passes. Elvis finally had a good game causing two critical Rivers fumbles. Von got to him as did Wolfe. We hardly touched Brady last week and he torched us.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Posts
    10,972
    No and I know a lot of guys on here won't like this idea but a secondary with CB porter, FS Moore SS bailey CB Harris may not be that far away and could be looked at next year to have a better safety matchup against TE

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,052
    Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    No and I know a lot of guys on here won't like this idea but a secondary with CB porter, FS Moore SS bailey CB Harris may not be that far away and could be looked at next year to have a better safety matchup against TE
    It remains to be seen if Bailey will be like Billy Thompson, Steve Foley, Mike Harden and Tyrone Braxton, all of whom made the switch from Corner to Safety, or if he will be like Louis Wright, who started at Corner for twelve years.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •