Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Any Derek Wolfe doubters out there anymore?

Derek Wolfe:
    17 tackles

10 solo

7 assists

3 sacks

JJ Watt Rookie stats Through 16 games:
    56 Tackles

48 solo

8 assists

5.5 sacks

Melvin Ingram stats:
    12 Tackles

8 solo

4 assists

0 sacks

So far throughout 6 games, how has he played in your opinion?

Did we make a smart pick by drafting him?

I think he is doing wonderfully for a rookie. However, I would like to see him make more tackles in the running game.

He is doing great job at getting some clean-up sacks.

And, I do think he was a good choice especially if they didn't have any Defensive Linemen with a first round grade when they traded back.

How are the other d linemen doing? Like Poe, Cox, Still and Worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by one5beast View Post
    Derek Wolfe - Games Played = 6 / 17 Tackles / 10 Solos / 7 Assists / 3 Sacks

Dontari Poe - Games Played = 6 / 9 Tackles / 7 Solos / 2 Assists / 0 Sacks

Jerel Worthy - Games Played = 6 / 9 Tackles / 8 Solos / 1 Assists / 2 Sacks

Brandon Thompson - Games Played = 3 / 1 Tackles / 1 Solos / 0 Assists / 0 Sacks

Devon Still - Games Played = 6 / 7 Tackles / 2 Solos / 5 Assists / 0 Sacks

Fletcher Cox - Games Played = 6 / 11 Tackles / 10 Solos / 1 Assists / 1 Sacks

Love that we drafted Wolfe. I just hope that he stays healthy through this whole season.

GO Wolfe
    Last edited by Broncoboy6; 10-16-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    HE>i

Quote Originally Posted by one5beast View Post
    Poe
    9 tackles
    7 solo
    2 assists
    0 sacks

Cox
    11 tackles
    10 solo
    1 assists
    1 sacks
    2 strips

Still
    7 tackles
    2 solo
    5 assists
    0 sacks

Worthy
    9 tackles
    8 solo
    1 assists
    2 sacks

I guess Cox is up there with Wolfe. Poe is just mind blowing though, he's soooo good! I don't know why we didn't trade up

Anyone got some more meaningful stats to back this up? Wolfe's certainly growing but he's got a long way to go yet. I've noticed that a lot of his sacks and pressure are of the coverage variety, and he needs to work on his jump off the line. His motor is as advertised though.

With the headline, I think it is prudent to remind people that the questions were more about the draft value received than the drafting of Wolfe. It was the draft value we got robbed on, but it is a better verity than what McDaniels did in the first draft where he got great value, that he used on picks that contributed little.

Nice to see Wolfe play well

He was definitely the best pick and he's what the Broncos have needed for years... a solid pass-rush up the middle.

He's very solid so far, not producing Von Miller stuff but his high motor and skills should allow him to improve into a really good player.

Dontari Poe though... that first round value!
    All in for Siemian!

I think Wolfe gets us one player closer to the kind of defense we want.

IMO we should have 2 pass rushers capable of getting 10+ sakcs (Doom and Von) and 3 guys who can get 5-8 sacks (Wolfe and DJ)

I think it is really hard to build a dominant defense now a days so the best that can be done is put playmakers on the defense and force offenses to use allot of plays to score....eventually one of the playmakers will step up.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

He's quietly done a pretty good job so far.

Wolfe has done remarkably well. I think Elway made the right move by trading out of the first round and landing Wolfe in the second. Elway and Fox have done two drafts together and have hit two "Home Runs".

His weaknesses are what everyone said they would be. He gets caught in traffic and washed out of some plays where he gets double-teamed. In one on one matchups, he generally manhandles who he's up against. And he's got the on-field awareness to turn around and make the plays once the runner or QB has gone upfield --- which is what you want from a 3-tech type guy.

Once he gets stronger, he'll be a valuable asset inside. He's still the ideal guy to play DE in odd fronts, although some people on the board continue to harp on wanting him to play inside when --- at this point --- double teams take him out of plays quite easily.

Otherwise, he's a disruptive player that I'm glad we took. I've seen most of the other rookies play, and they just seem to take up space. Wolfe is the kind of guy who will be a poor man's JJ Watt for us. I say that because Watt is just a more freakish athlete. But Wolfe definitely has the motor and disruptiveness to warrant where he was taken.

wolfe is doing just fine n will get better n alot of time hes playing out of position at DE bcz ayers stinks...i know he played all over at cincy to but this totally different level theres not very many 290-295 DE's that can pass rush...

next year if can get a DE opposite elvis then move wolfe inside to along w/ von thatd be an ideal pass rush...then wolfe just might be that DT weve been looking for to get push up the middle...

It takes 3 years to really evaluate a defensive lineman.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by bronco30 View Post
    wolfe is doing just fine n will get better n alot of time hes playing out of position at DE bcz ayers stinks...i know he played all over at cincy to but this totally different level theres not very many 290-295 DE's that can pass rush...

next year if can get a DE opposite elvis then move wolfe inside to along w/ von thatd be an ideal pass rush...then wolfe just might be that DT weve been looking for to get push up the middle...
    I'd really like to see more of Malik Jackson. He had some serious flashes of dominance in his limited snaps in preseason.

Also, we get Jeremy Beal and Jason Hunter back next season at DE. Doubt we resign Robert Ayers. He probably leaves town to play somewhere else.