Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Matymaddog View Post
    I'd really like to see more of Malik Jackson. He had some serious flashes of dominance in his limited snaps in preseason.

    Also, we get Jeremy Beal and Jason Hunter back next season at DE. Doubt we resign Robert Ayers. He probably leaves town to play somewhere else.
    I hope we dont lose Ayers. He is GREAT depth and should stay.
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    London, UK (not Ukraine)
    Posts
    4,229
    I thought Ayers got a 5 year contract....

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Downtown Denver
    Posts
    6,238
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    It takes 3 years to really evaluate a defensive lineman.
    You have to be impressed, though.

    I agree on the statement, though, everybody thought Suh was the next Reggie White or something like that, now he's about as good as Vickerson (not really, but you know what i mean)

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Here. (Until I get 86ed.)
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I think Wolfe gets us one player closer to the kind of defense we want.

    IMO we should have 2 pass rushers capable of getting 10+ sakcs (Doom and Von) and 3 guys who can get 5-8 sacks (Wolfe and DJ)

    I think it is really hard to build a dominant defense now a days so the best that can be done is put playmakers on the defense and force offenses to use allot of plays to score....eventually one of the playmakers will step up.


    I would like to add that any given player's contribution to a team can extend much further than what we fans see on game day. Undying motors and work ethics are what make entire teams better.

    For years the Broncos had a quiet confident "lead by example" Champ Bailey on one side of the ball. Now the Broncos have Peyton. Add Von Miller and the likes of Derek Wolfe and you are looking at a team that practices as hard as it plays.

    Imagine being an Offensive Lineman and having to go against the likes of Von, Elvis and Derek play after play in practice. These are the type of players that build championship teams!
    "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,941
    I would like to see more consistent pressure from Wolfe. Despite his 3 sacks he still gets little to no push on most of his pass rush attempts.

    He needs to get stronger and more agile, and he also needs to work on his pass rush repertoire. He has almost no moves.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    London, UK (not Ukraine)
    Posts
    4,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
    I would like to see more consistent pressure from Wolfe. Despite his 3 sacks he still gets little to no push on most of his pass rush attempts.

    He needs to get stronger and more agile, and he also needs to work on his pass rush repertoire. He has almost no moves.
    He has decent athleticism and a great motor, and stringent work on his technique should make him a very effective player. At least he has the drive to become a good player in the league, which is more than can be said for many DTs.

    Either way, I still feel like rolling my eyes when people make JJ Watt comparisons. I just don't think Wolfe has the athleticism to be in the same echelon as Watt, although I do think he can be a great player in this league.


    Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

    Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Right ayers has another yr on his deal. No teason to let him go.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    454
    i was a little skeptical on the pic and then saw some film and saw a little of what the FO must have saw....
    he is having a great rookie yr for a DT and think the FO is doing great in the draft the last couple yrs...some of the pics may take more time than others to be productive ...but glad they are doing the hours of study to find the players like this .......Go Broncos
    BRONCO FAN FOR LIFE

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Posts
    10,972
    Quote Originally Posted by muse View Post
    He has decent athleticism and a great motor, and stringent work on his technique should make him a very effective player. At least he has the drive to become a good player in the league, which is more than can be said for many DTs.

    Either way, I still feel like rolling my eyes when people make JJ Watt comparisons. I just don't think Wolfe has the athleticism to be in the same echelon as Watt, although I do think he can be a great player in this league.
    i don't understand why people don't want to compare him to watt, he's the same height, weight and ran about the same speed he's just not as strong as watt yet

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    21,840
    Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    i don't understand why people don't want to compare him to watt, he's the same height, weight and ran about the same speed he's just not as strong as watt yet
    The biggest difference in Wolfe and Watt is in their athleticism.

    Vertical Jump
    Watt: 37in
    Wolfe: 33.5

    Broad jump:
    Watt: 120 inches
    Wolfe: 108

    3-cone:
    Watt: 6.88
    Wolfe: 7.26

    20 yard shuttle:
    Watt: 4.21
    Wolfe: 4.44

    Hooray, beer!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Posts
    2,702
    I would like to see him get a little more push up the middle but it is still very early and I am happy with his contributions thus far. He will be solid for us for many years to come.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,382
    I like what Wolfe has accomplished so far, and really looks the part of a long term quality starter.

    From my vantage point, he is part of the solution.......and if, and this is has been a personal campaign of mine (and others) we finally draft a top tier MLB this offseason, we will get closer and closer to where we want to be on D. It's time for a "closer".

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Posts
    10,972
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    The biggest difference in Wolfe and Watt is in their athleticism.

    Vertical Jump
    Watt: 37in
    Wolfe: 33.5

    Broad jump:
    Watt: 120 inches
    Wolfe: 108

    3-cone:
    Watt: 6.88
    Wolfe: 7.26

    20 yard shuttle:
    Watt: 4.21
    Wolfe: 4.44
    Ya he's a little less athletic but by very little, but he was less athletic the a lot of players his last year in college but that didn't stop him from leading all DT in sacks

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,244
    How many snaps have those other guys played compared to wolfe though?
    I think wolfe might have played more than the other guys.

    I love wolfe though, he will get better and better for us. Especially as we add some talent to our team.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Evergreen Colorado
    Posts
    3,669
    I doubted the pick at first, but I am now coming along. I think he will be a very good starter for us soon.
    Coke Bottle Glasses and QB Killa' Fan Club! #24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •