Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Stars are aligning

When I think back to the first free agency, pick up, you can't help but think that the stars are aligning for Denver this season to go all the way;

1; Peyton Manning gets released and of all teams, he chose to continue his Hall of Fame career in Denver. Even though he was a risk, he is having a career year in only his first season after a year out.

2; All the right Free Agency players come along at the perfect time. Denver has a veteran center and one never expects him to go down early. NE releases their 10+ year veteran center and Elway has enough foresight to grab him and two weeks later our center receives a season ending injury.

3; Young players that have not done much,step in for injured players and preform just as good if not better than the starter. How often does that happen? Denver is considered the healthiest team in the league, yet in reality they have had just as much injuries as anyone else.

4; The schedule, While it was tough for the start of the season, it turn out to be the perfect way. Having the hard teams first, lets Denver recognize early, the problems they need to work on. Denver has had at least a half of a season to address the problems while playing weaker teams and gaining momentum. The momentum carried Denver into a stadium that they have never won at. Not only do they win for the first time, they dominated.

5; Denver needed the highest scoring team in the league to lose a home game in order to grab the second seed, a tall order! In goes SF into NE and they gift wrap the second seed for us.

It is well known that a good team is not enough to go all the way, as it also requires a little bit of luck as well. Denver has certainly had their share of luck, and it makes one wonder if Huston will drop their last two giving us the first seed.

The problem with the Texans losing their last 2 games is that yes we get the first seed but the Texans would most likely fall to the third and the Pats take the 2nd seed. So while we would still get home field through out it would allow the pats to rest for a week.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    The problem with the Texans losing their last 2 games is that yes we get the first seed but the Texans would most likely fall to the third and the Pats take the 2nd seed. So while we would still get home field through out it would allow the pats to rest for a week.
    If we're going to the super bowl we have to play and beat the Patriots at some point in the playoffs.
    thanks Freyaka

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos724 View Post
    If we're going to the super bowl we have to play and beat the Patriots at some point in the playoffs.
    Well yeah but I would honestly prefer to get them done early and not give them a bye week to rest.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Well yeah but I would honestly prefer to get them done early and not give them a bye week to rest.
    i agree hopefully they play pitt 1st round in a hard fought game n then we get them at home well rested...

Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    When I think back to the first free agency, pick up, you can't help but think that the stars are aligning for Denver this season to go all the way;
    I agree. Things have been falling into place rather nicely for this team.

I don't know about the stars, but it looks to me like the Broncos players and coaches have manufactured their own good fortune with hard teamwork and focus.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I don't know about the stars, but it looks to me like the Broncos players and coaches have manufactured their own good fortune with hard teamwork and focus.
    Yes, this actually.

It's probably a good time to give a shout out to the strength and conditioning coaches and trainers. The team is relatively healthy, which is a boon this late in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    The old saying....teams make their own luck.

I dunno, I thought the same in 2005 when Pitt beat the Colts in the playoffs giving us homefield. Look how that turned out. And before anyone says "Yea, well we didnt have Peyton friggin Manning before", look at PFM's playoff record, not all that stellar. We are gonna need ALOT of luck and perfect play from EVERYONE to make the big game.

You forgot the part where the texans cut trindon holliday and we claim him and get a huge improvement in an area where we were horrible. When trindon isn't scoring we are still getting great field position

*Actually the planets were aligned.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    You forgot the part where the texans cut trindon holliday and we claim him and get a huge improvement in an area where we were horrible. When trindon isn't scoring we are still getting great field position
    I agree that Holliday has been effective. What bothers me however is his fumbleitis. So far he has been fortunate that the balls have been fumbled out of bounds. In the playoffs he might not be so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    I dunno, I thought the same in 2005 when Pitt beat the Colts in the playoffs giving us homefield. Look how that turned out. And before anyone says "Yea, well we didnt have Peyton friggin Manning before", look at PFM's playoff record, not all that stellar. We are gonna need ALOT of luck and perfect play from EVERYONE to make the big game.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the entire team have something to do with that record? Last time I checked, Peyton wasn't the only one on the field during those losses.

In at least two of those losses, (and probably more) 18 got the team the lead, and the D couldn't hold on to it for the last few minutes of the game. The one that really comes to mind is the last game he played for the Colts against the Jets.

Now I'm not saying the Broncos are going to win it all. I'm not even going to say they'll move on from their first game. But I will say this; this is *the* most complete team that 18 has had around him in ages. Maybe even ever.

Don't forget that.
    Last edited by Manning4life; 12-21-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    OFFICIAL Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon to SB XLVII Member #1888

1 and 2 wouldnt play each other after a buy they would both have to play a game first then meet in the afc championship which im fine with. In our house, ill take those odds