Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    I think we are a team capable of winning against every team left on our schedule.

However, It's nearly impossible to win 11 games in a row... I'd rather not have to win 14 in a row for the championship.
    I agree. Let's take it one game at a time. Don't want to set ourselves up for a letdown. Yes, the team is starting to look good but it's way too early to start talking about running the table. I like what I'm seeing though, and they certainly CAN beat all the teams remaing on the schedule. Heck, they COULD have won a couple of the games we lost.

Listen to you people. Lets not get carried away. We still have a problem with hanging onto the ball. We really need to clean up the fumbling issues. Other than that, yes, we look to make a solid run into the playoffs, but its a long season and one week at a time.
    Other than that.....Go Broncos!!!!
    Don't Panic!

I think we are a team capable of winning against every team left on our schedule.

However, It's nearly impossible to win 11 games in a row... I'd rather not have to win 14 in a row for the championship.
    The Broncos are progressing right along schedule in my estimation. Yes we can run the table. The only game that scares me is the Ravens away. Will we? Probably not. Still I think we have a legitimate chance.

2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by FabrizioHC View Post
    We have to worry about making the playoffs first, personally, I don't care if it's 9-7 or 13-3. Once you make the playoffs, it's a whole different game from there. I want us to get to the Super Bowl and win it, to me it doesn't matter if it's 8-8 or 16-0.
    If you want us to get to the Super Bowl, then you better want us to get the best possible record as well. Playing in the Mile High in the playoffs might just be the difference maker for us...

From back when it was relevant, Shanahan was always comfortable with resting stars, but just a few.

Of course, he was brilliant enough to keep those games close, too.

Elway was part of those teams, so it could filter down. Did Carolina ever rest stars?
    Have they ever had a chance to rest stars?
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    Have they ever had a chance to rest stars?
    Brutal!!!!!

2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

Can they...Yes. Will they...No. 11 straight wins is really tough. But the way that this team is playing anything could happen. Baltimore scared me earlier this season but not now. I think that we have one loss left in us, but it will be some bs game that we come out flat.
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Quote Originally Posted by ArmChairQB7 View Post
    If we don't stumble with Tampa Bay or Baltimore I don't see Denver losing another game this season... Let's just hope we don't see New England in the playoffs.
    Possible? Sure. Likely though? I dont think so.

5 of the next 7 are on the road. Tall order to win every one of them.

Still have away games in oakland and arrowhead, two places that are traditionally tough for us to win in. Not to mention a road tript to baltimore too.

The only "table" this team needs to worry about running is the 3 or 4 wins in a row in the playoffs. That takes a battle tested team!
    "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Can we? Yes

Personally I would prefer a very close loss to Balt where if any number of players made one more play we would have won.

Getting a loss like that close to the playoffs would help push this team to the next level imo

If we run the table I would be very afraid we lose in the 1st round because we have a young team in general and they just rolled off 11 wins thinking they are all that.

All great points but for our team to make a deep run in the playoffs we need home field advantage. That all comes down to record. We don't want to have to travel to NE to win a playoff game. We want them coming to us in Mile High. Peyton needs calm quiet crowds to pull off what he does at the line of scrimmage. Our defense is finally firing on all cylinders and getting off the field on 3rd down. NE ran all over us in their win. We want a well rested D possibly even a bye in the 1st round. It's all about wins now and most of the upcoming teams have less then .500 records. Run the table Manning and will see you in the Super Bowl against your kid brother

Can they? Yes. Will they? Only time will tell. Injuries, a team having the game of its life on a given Sunday, all of those can change things.

Dungy, while coaching Peyton, always used to say "a streak starts with at least three consecutive games". Let us see if a streak can be started vs the Bengals this Sunday. I am sure Hurricane Sandy might also have its impact on the field and/or passing game of the Broncos, weather starts playing a big part once you get to November and December.

I say bring on New England, if we're firing on all cylinders they're no better than us. Essentially had to rely on some individual errors on our part to beat us.

Anyway, I don't think we will, it's incredibly difficult for anyone to do. Certainly not impossible though...
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

I think with how valuable getting home field, first round byes etc. are we wont rest any stars.. and I'm not sure how big the blowout in the AFC will be.. I would LOVE to beat Baltimore... take a clumsy slap in the face loss to the... Browns maybe? Something at the end of the season whipping us into shape before the post.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmChairQB7 View Post
    All great points but for our team to make a deep run in the playoffs we need home field advantage. That all comes down to record. We don't want to have to travel to NE to win a playoff game. We want them coming to us in Mile High. Peyton needs calm quiet crowds to pull off what he does at the line of scrimmage. Our defense is finally firing on all cylinders and getting off the field on 3rd down. NE ran all over us in their win. We want a well rested D possibly even a bye in the 1st round. It's all about wins now and most of the upcoming teams have less then .500 records. Run the table Manning and will see you in the Super Bowl against your kid brother
    This ^^^^^^