Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    I dont think that he is on any different mission than he has been on since he joined the league. Manning had nothing to prove coming here. I think he is just out there being him
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Peyton...your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to win a Superbowl...and I mean NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by kuyyo_morro View Post
    A reputed guy who was the face of a franchise is no longer part of the franchise. He has health concerns, going through rehab. One hit, his career is over.

Comes to a new team. Gets used to the play calling. No one knows how good or bad he will be.

If Broncos go on to win a Superbowl, Manning will be the guy making history since Brett Favre and other great QBs who went to other teams, conditions were different as compared to the drama Denver-Manning had since last year.

Have followed Manning since he was drafted as a Colt. But on this Denver team, he is playing and motivating at a different level. Looks like someone who has the fire in his belly to prove that he isnt done.

Looks like a hollywood sports drama.
    Well for one any player is one hit away from a career ending injury and two if you really have been following Manning since he was drafted you would know he has always had the fire in his belly. I think the only drama involved is the fake drama that the media wants to use for ratings.
    Goodbye Colts, hello Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    I agree he is one of the most improved players. But that isnt saying much cause he started as one of the worst players on the team if not in the league. He was beyond terrible last season. There is nothing about him IMO that screams playmaker. I dont trust him in coverage, and I dont trust him in run support. It always seems like he is always there right after the action. I dont know if he is afraid of a lil contact (which I am sure he is at least a lil), if he is slow to read and diagnose a play, or if he is just that slow.......None of them are traits that you want in a S. I think the fan base is so desperate for a talented S that they grasp at straws with this kid.

As for the last...Thanx man....It is the greatest honor in my life to have gotten a chance to serve this country that I love with some of the finest men I have ever or will ever meet
    to you. And great eddie royal sig

And as for Moore, I think he's gotten ALOT better vs the run. I've seen him make some plays in the behind the line of scrimmage and can wrap up now. But I agree about him not being a playmaker. I don't think he'll ever be that playmaking safety we want. I think he'll always be that solid safety who in his later years will be someone like Mike Adams.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    A safety tackling a guy 7-12 yards down field is hardly something to get excited about. How many TFL does he have? How many FF? How many picks? That is what Safeties need to do. A SS that hits a guy and then holds onto his ankle another 3 yards after contact until a team mate cleans up the play. Not really anything special. The guy is just a below avg safety. I didnt see the play and I cant find it, but from the sounds of it the pick fell into his lap after the WR dropped it. How is that anything special?
    Rahim Moore is doing exactly what he is supposed to do, his deep coverage has us in the top 5 in preventing big plays and he's the last line of defense. I want Rahim playing just like he is, assignment football!!! And he's letting the big plays come to him instead of trying to force plays like you want and that's made him one of the best tackling safeties in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Not like they have a lot of control over that. If they decide to sign with another team theres nothing the F.O can do to stop them.

Then why do some other teams show such continuity year after year?
    You might be right in one respect, but the workplace environment can be manipulated such that they don't want to seek greener pastures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Not like they have a lot of control over that. If they decide to sign with another team theres nothing the F.O can do to stop them.
    Technically they can make him stay, since Del Rio is under contract. However, if they don't let him accept a head coaching job, they will never be able to sign another quality coordinator or assistant coach.

I don't think assistant coaches are allowed to break contracts to make lateral moves. When Rick Dennison left Denver to go to Houston, I think he went from OL coach to OC. When Bobby Turner left Denver to go to Washington, I think he went from RBs coach to Assistant HC.

If another team wants to interview JDR for a HC vacancy, the Broncos will permit it. It all boils down to what JDR wants to do. If he is enjoying himself, he'll stay. I'm sure the FO has contingency plans. John Elway seems to know what he wants and how to get it.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Technically they can make him stay, since Del Rio is under contract. However, if they don't let him accept a head coaching job, they will never be able to sign another quality coordinator or assistant coach.
    They can't stop him from taking a job as a HC. They can only block lateral moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    They can't stop him from taking a job as a HC. They can only block lateral moves.
    Exactly. I think the only thing they can do is restrict interviews at certain times during the year, such as if they are in the playoffs. A lot of teams let their assistants interview during a playoff week, but they don't have to. Beyond that, if it's an advancement, they can't block it, even if under contract.

So, if Del Rio is offered another head coaching job and decides to take it, then the revolving door at DC continues to spin.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

well i just this def. staff stays around a few years we've had changes 7 straight year...but i guess will find out after the season but whatever there doin its been a good turn around it also helps to know PM will put up 20 + every game unlike last year..

Coaches want to win superbowls as bad as players do. I have the feeling if the opportunity to stay with manning an win a ring or two comes up against taking a head coaching job (with a bad team because otherwise why would they fire their coach) he's going to take the win now option (hopefull)

Didn't someone post up not too long ago an interview with Del Rio that said he had no plans to go anywhere and wasn't interested in another head coaching job in the immediate future?

Quote Originally Posted by Matymaddog View Post
    Didn't someone post up not too long ago an interview with Del Rio that said he had no plans to go anywhere and wasn't interested in another head coaching job in the immediate future?
    He supposedly said that early on. Among other times, when he and Manning met, before Manning decided to come to Denver. That said, intentions and reality are two different things. For instance, when Garret gets canned in Dallas, or maybe Shanahan in Washington or another big name job comes open, his position could change.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt