Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

The Art of Romance And This Dating Life

I've always thought of myself as the hopeless romantic. That's why my current personal situation is killing me. I've been allowed to move into a place in my heart where I can open it to someone new and special. And I will. But.. I miss the romance.

I miss that passionate kiss that conveys that she's my only one. I miss the holding hands and cuddling on the couch. I miss looking across the dance floor and your eyes locking in that moment of "I want nothing more then you right now". I miss all of the little things that show you care and want and... love.

I miss cooking dinner for two as She sits at the table watching and working that glass of wine. I miss the spontaneous playing of hookie to go play at the park like children. I miss reaching over and pulling her feet into my lap and rubbing them. I miss dancing in the rain with no care in the world then curling up together in a warm blanket to fight the cold off.

It's all of the little things that add up to such big things that I miss.

So, tell me.. what and where is YOUR romance?
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

You'll have all that again, eb. And more.

I am so not romantic.

I'd rather watch football than have a candlelight dinner.

Action movie over chick flick.

Smell of burning rubber over floral perfume.

Hubby and I have a comfortable relationship. We are so much alike it's not funny, with just enough difference to make it interesting.

I hope I didn't kill your thread.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    You'll have all that again, eb. And more.

I am so not romantic.

I'd rather watch football than have a candlelight dinner.

Action movie over chick flick.

Smell of burning rubber over floral perfume.

Hubby and I have a comfortable relationship. We are so much alike it's not funny, with just enough difference to make it interesting.

I hope I didn't kill your thread.
    Peanut.. you did not kill my thread at all.

Yes, I will find it again. I'm learning that I was blinded by MY hope and faith and didn't see the truisms that existed in the past. But, that's a strength of mine. I go all in or not at all. And when I'm in.. I'm in. Ya know? Or is it a fault. I do set myself up for heartbreak. I love big.. but fall HARD. Oh well.. I'd rather love big then not at all.

I am off to work eb......not sure if you want to talk about this one on one, but you can pm anytime.

Hey EB,

I go through the same feelings sometimes as well.
    Ive had a tough time this past year in regards to stuff like this
    And yesterday was actually exactly 1 year since my exs kid passed away. Seems like it was yesterday. It all happened right after the Broncos game against the Chiefs.
    So yesterday was pretty tough for me, and I really started missing "her" and everything we went through together.

Love is the greatest thing you can experience and probably one of the worst, when you lose that love it makes you feel like you have an empty void inside.

Personally, I dont really let a whole lot of people in. And I can be a bit emotionless when it comes to dating. But Im the same as you, if I love someone then Im all in.
    Last edited by VenomousDB; 11-13-2012 at 08:26 AM.

I too am all-in when it comes to love, and when it ends up not working out, it is oh so painful. I experienced that pain in the beginning of the year, and the hurt was unlike anything I've ever felt. I stupidly tried to keep what I had w/ him alive, till my best friend (and now once again BF) and what I truly feel was divine intervention, helped me quickly turn the page and move on.

I'm incredibly lucky to have the guy I have. For us, romance is just doing the things we both enjoy together. Simple things like going to theme parks, playing video games, watching funny movies and tv shows. We're just a couple of grown-up kids, always will be. *smile*

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am off to work eb......not sure if you want to talk about this one on one, but you can pm anytime.
    Thanks for the offer, Can.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDB View Post
    Hey EB,

I go through the same feelings sometimes as well.
    Ive had a tough time this past year in regards to stuff like this
    And yesterday was actually exactly 1 year since my exs kid passed away. Seems like it was yesterday. It all happened right after the Broncos game against the Chiefs.
    So yesterday was pretty tough for me, and I really started missing "her" and everything we went through together.

Love is the greatest thing you can experience and probably one of the worst, when you lose that love it makes you feel like you have an empty void inside.

Personally, I dont really let a whole lot of people in. And I can be a bit emotionless when it comes to dating. But Im the same as you, if I love someone then Im all in.
    Yeah, it cam be tough. My loss didn't come like your's, so I can't imagine your pain. Keep that head up. It get's easier.

Quote Originally Posted by socalpeytonfan View Post
    I too am all-in when it comes to love, and when it ends up not working out, it is oh so painful. I experienced that pain in the beginning of the year, and the hurt was unlike anything I've ever felt. I stupidly tried to keep what I had w/ him alive, till my best friend (and now once again BF) and what I truly feel was divine intervention, helped me quickly turn the page and move on.

I'm incredibly lucky to have the guy I have. For us, romance is just doing the things we both enjoy together. Simple things like going to theme parks, playing video games, watching funny movies and tv shows. We're just a couple of grown-up kids, always will be. *smile*
    Yes, yes, YES!! It's all the little things that add up to big things.

So.. tonight I have "date" of sorts. One of my female friends and I seem to be getting along very well. Last week I took her dinner as "friends". But, there's something there that isn't quite "friends", ya know? So, I asked her to pick a night this week to come over and I was going to cook dinner. She kinda flushed and excitedly said "Wednesday!" So.. dinner, my place.. I'm cooking. It'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post

Yeah, it cam be tough. My loss didn't come like your's, so I can't imagine your pain. Keep that head up. It get's easier.

So.. tonight I have "date" of sorts. One of my female friends and I seem to be getting along very well. Last week I took her dinner as "friends". But, there's something there that isn't quite "friends", ya know? So, I asked her to pick a night this week to come over and I was going to cook dinner. She kinda flushed and excitedly said "Wednesday!" So.. dinner, my place.. I'm cooking. It'll be good.
    Nice! What are you cooking

Sounds good......just relax, be cool, minimize expectations (other than for your cooking of course), and see where it goes. If you are like me, and in some ways I believe you are, the best thing to remember is to let things "unravel" as they should. Enjoy the moments and try to not to think too far ahead. There is no rush. If she digs ya, she digs ya. That's the only thing that matters in the long run.

No rush bud......but it sounds hopeful for sure!

On the menu is a lovely lemon herb chicken breast with rice pilaf. Not sure I'm going with dessert. These chicken parts are kinda big.

If I do.. methinks light and easy like strawberry shortcake.
    eb......I wouldn't turn down what you're making for sure!

Then again, I'm not that pretty.....

Dinner sounds delish. Hope it went well!

Working on a relationship with a girl I really love from HS.

Things didn't work out there. She's transferring to my university next semester and we've been talking. I really want it to work out this time and do all those things you mentioned with HER and not other girls they just aren't the same...

Wish me luck guys. I'm trying my best.

Good luck, Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie24 View Post

Things didn't work out there. She's transferring to my university next semester and we've been talking. I really want it to work out this time and do all those things you mentioned with HER and not other girls they just aren't the same...

Good luck man!

Id love to get back with my ex. I just dont see it happening any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie24 View Post

Bernie, I don't know what went astray, but my suggestion is that you be cool, be yourself, and let it unfold.....sure, make sure she knows how you feel, but don't force things too much. It will work out as it should if you give out the right signals, and give her a little space (ha ha.....I don't mean a little place to live!!!).

Remember, you are young, and relationships need to suit both partners, or they won't last. Sometimes people need to compare, or be apart, to know what they are truly missing.

But sure.......put out those signals. Make sure she knows you care about her. Give her every reason to believe you are the right guy for her. And if she's thinking about things (between you), that's usually a very good sign.