Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Prater

Matt Prater

I am very concerned about his performance the last 2 weeks. This is very uncharacteristic of him. I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything. I wonder if it is a slight injury that's not enough to report or if something else is going on.

We need him at 100% down the stretch and into the playoffs if we are going to make a serious run.

He will be fine. Wish I could have seen the hold on that first kick, the had no rotation to it, never seen a kick act like that

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Cut him!
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Matt will be fine as stated above.

Better now then in late Dec or jan
    We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

he should be fine. but he has also missed 4 of his last 9 fg's.

How can anyone say he'll be fine? I'm not saying he'll remain unreliable either, but we fans can't possibly know. The last time he had a slump, he wasn't right until the next season. Hopefully he rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
    How can anyone say he'll be fine? I'm not saying he'll remain unreliable either, but we fans can't possibly know. The last time he had a slump, he wasn't right until the next season. Hopefully he rebounds.
    It's like I'm talking to a

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

How can we know?

We must know now!

It's like the Thermos bottle. You put something in hot and it stays hot, but if you put in something cold, it stays cold. How does it know?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I'm just glad I didn't start him on my fantasy team.

40-49 yards is where he's at his worst

The 33-yd one was bad.

The one before that was in the tough part of the wind.

He'll be alright, me thinks.

Imagine that one...the two hottest teams in football (Denver and GB) are having severe kicking issues. At least they are good enough teams to overcome those miscues.

I shall ask my niece to talk to him. She is currently dating his younger brother, Mason, a Junior at Webber International University in Florida who is also a place kicker.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=384903&dateline=14112  76952
    2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

that GB kicker is really stuggling i think hes now 7 for last 15...prater will be ok i agree though that 33 yarder was bad 1...

I wouldn't worry about it

When you take a step back and look at what he's had to do this season with Manning around now - he's probably being called on half the time. When Tebow started for us, we rarely scored TD's when on the opponent's side of the field and he knew he'd be kicking. He's probably adjusting to not having to kick as much for one

A kicker's job is just an odd way of life. And the way Fox has been calling games this year punting when you think Prater will come in and then sometimes calling on Prater when you think he'll punt, it's like he probably doesn't have his head completely wrapped around the pace of this year's team

If after a couple more weeks he keeps missing, then I will be concerned. I'm always concerned when he's between 20 and 35 yards because he just doesn't have a stellar history from that rage for some reason. But he should be hitting those 35-50's. He had a little few kick slump last year too and came out of it.

For Prater to come out of this slump, it'll take Fox to help him out. Not unlike what GB's coach did tonite for his slumping kicker - gave him a shot a 50+ FG. 50+ kinda takes the pressure off a little for most kickers. Course the equivalent for Prater would be 60+ but still - Fox needs to give him a few kicks that he can swing though and he'll be all right.

No I'm not concerned -yet