How would you grade Eric Decker's season so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NYColt
    Practice Squad
    • Mar 2012

How would you grade Eric Decker's season so far?

I have to say I'm a little disappointed with Decker's play this season, but that's probably because I had high expectations for him.

I thought it'd be him having the season that Demaryius is having - I thought Decker would be that reliable, possession receiver who Manning would target frequently to move the chains

I also thought his relatively huge size would allow him to fight for, and go up and get balls and beat single coverage but it *seems* like he has a very small catching radius whereas DT's is HUGE

Don't get me wrong I think he's a good player and has a high ceiling, but right now it just feels like he's not playing up to his potential and it doesn't seem like Manning trusts him nearly as much as DT

Plus infuriatingly, he seems due for a bone-head play every game, whether it be sliding, tripping over, dancing instead of heading up field and getting caught short a first down or having a pass clank off his hands

Overall I'd give his season a B ...how do you guys rate him? I think he will make a HUGE jump in his second year with Manning. Even Reggie Wayne took 4 years to reach his full potential
    Last edited by NYColt; 12-03-2012, 09:35 PM.
  • samparnell
    Soy Capitan Meshpoint
    • Nov 2007

Very good. :thumb:
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• CoryWinget81
      five thousand, 800 and uh
      • Dec 2006

He's having a great season.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
        team preacher
        • Mar 2008

He's a good receiver, but remember he was drafted in the 3rd, not in the 1st. DT was drafted to be that guy, and he is 'that guy". Decker is a very solid #2.

Furthermore, Decker is still on pace for 1k yards. However, DT is 230 lbs with 4.3 speed and can jump like a cat. It's a good idea to get him the ball as much as possible, which is evident by the ridiculous amount of big plays he's had this year and the second half of last year.
        Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 12-03-2012, 10:41 AM.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• The Sheriff18
          Practice Squad
          • Sep 2012

I think he's fine. Might be better suited for the slot but he's our best option right now opposite of DT. Also Manning in general does not seem to like to throw balls up for grabs. He will occasionally but he doesn’t do it a bunch.

Comment

• broncolassiter
            Special Teams
            • Aug 2009

You have to remember he is only a 3rd year receiver who is constantly being doubled covered.
            sigpic

Comment

• IABronco05
              Practice Squad
              • Apr 2010

Manning is a distributor, if a defense is going to give him something he will always take it rather than force it to someone. I think Decker has had some very good games, and some quiet ones. But so has just about every WR/TE on our team.

Can he get better? Absolutely, and that's what I expect moving forward. From everyone on the Broncos
              Don't give up... Don't ever give up

Comment

• nic.zeman24
                Bench Warmer
                • Jan 2011

I think he has played fine. He is the number 2 guy, but we also have a solid number 3 that is taking away looks. He hasnt gotten a good number of targets over the last couple of games though

Comment

• BroncosDivision
                  #27 | HOF | CLASS OF 2020
                  • Sep 2009

He's been okay.
                  Adopted Poster
                  AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• HotSauce87
                    Practice Squad
                    • Mar 2012

He's been great! Has been a little inconsistent but thats because he's young, a year more with Peyton Manning and he's a pro-bowler.
                    Last edited by HotSauce87; 12-03-2012, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                      The ArchAngel
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      Very good. :thumb:
                      Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      He's having a great season.
                      Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      He's a good receiver, but remember he was drafted in the 3rd, not in the 1st. DT was drafted to be that guy, and he is 'that guy". Decker is a very solid #2.

Furthermore, Decker is still on pace for 1k yards. However, DT is 230 lbs with 4.3 speed and can jump like a cat. It's a good idea to get him the ball as much as possible, which is evident by the ridiculous amount of big plays he's had this year and the second half of last year.
                      Combine all the above, that's how I feel about Decker.

I'm on record for calling him Eddy Mac 2.0. I think Decker is a very good player, a good athlete, and an overall great #2.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Lomax
                        Starter
                        • May 2004

Their games were totally different. Ed was a big possession receiver. Decker plays more like a slot receiver.
                        "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

• Sync
                          Mr. Irrelevant
                          • Nov 2008

He's been alright, but personally I think Mitch is the future at WR.
                          sigpic
                          - ★ -
                          2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

• AllEyezOnZach27
                            Special Teams
                            • Feb 2007

The guy is going to have around a 1000 yards and possibly 10 TD's as a NUMBER 2 WR Yeah he has some issues separating and his hands still arent great, but he isnt even the #1 and he is getting #1 numbers.

Decker will get better as time goes along. Him and DT are going to torture DB's for years and years to come!
                            sigpic

Comment

• tacmale
                              Special Teams
                              • Aug 2006

56 receptions for 702 yards 12.5 yards/catch 8 TD's thru 12 games.

That averages out to 4.6 catches a game. At those rates he will have 74.6 catches with 933.3 yards and 10.6 TD's on the season. I am wouldn't be surprised if we have two 1000 yard receivers by the end of the season the way he and Thomas are both playing.

My analysis... there is absolutely nothing wrong with Decker this year. Grade he gets an A so far
                              Last edited by tacmale; 12-03-2012, 11:58 AM. Reason: correct post
                              People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X