Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    No I completely agree that the offense has been laggy and we're having major execution issues. Dropped balls can become a concern but right now that's a problem that most teams would sign up for if they were in our position.
    I think most teams would choose the flaws that this Broncos team has if they were asked to choose.

We've got some bigger issues than dropped balls is all I'm saying.
    Certainly do. The running game. Not just the RBs but the blocking as well. But yeah drops don't help.

I think people are excited, and most of the teams in the league would love to be in our position. But we haven't played an elite opponent in some time and at this point in the season we should expect mistake-free ball for 4 quarters and should be blowing the lid off teams we are better than.

I think the next 4 weeks will tell a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    Certainly do. The running game. Not just the RBs but the blocking as well. But yeah drops don't help.

I think people are excited, and most of the teams in the league would love to be in our position. But we haven't played an elite opponent in some time and at this point in the season we should expect mistake-free ball for 4 quarters and should be blowing the lid off teams we are better than.

I think the next 4 weeks will tell a lot.
    At the game I looked at my buddy and said "You know what Eric if we ever put four quarters together we're really gonna hurt someone".

Hooray, beer!

I give Decker a B+ to a A-. He has a few drops but he has been playing well.

O yeah he loss points for that one baseball slide

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by NYColt View Post
    Interestingly, both Decker and DT are in the top 10 for drop-rates among WRs (although I don't recall DT dropping any balls in a long time now)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...drop-rate-wrs/

Take with a table spoon of salt as drops tend to be very subjective (according to some people, some players have 4 drops a game)
    That list consists almost exclusively of the league's top wideouts.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    People are too concerned about dropped balls.
    Not really- as I mentioned, every WR has issues with drops...even the great ones. But Decker has had some gimmies go right through his hands. IMO thats a big reason his targets have dwindle down. Dropped balls is sort of a blanket statement, I am more concerned with the dropped gimmies.

DT, Stokely, and Tamme seem to be 1,2,3 in Manning pecking order. Even with Stokely hurt, Matthew Willis is getting more looks than Decker. Decker is a very good player and Im happy we have him, but it seems to me that even Manning feels like he should have hauled a few more in.

But like you mentioned in a later post, Im sure most teams would love to have our "problems"

I'd give him a B. Only because sometimes I wish he's be more tenacious when it comes to going after the ball instead of always looking for the PI. I feel like there's a lot of times when he could have been more aggressive and got the ball instead of throwing his hands up like "What the heck, ref?"

Decker's averaging 3 rec and 30 yards over the last 4 games.

There was a lot of hoopla earlier in the season made about Peyton trusting Decker more. I think that's changed, if it were ever true at all...

Quote Originally Posted by DishWater View Post

There was a lot of hoopla earlier in the season made about Peyton trusting Decker more. I think that's changed, if it were ever true at all...
    Agreed. I think Thomas is just getting open more.

It seems he's been making more catches in holes in the zone defense and in traffic than earlier in the season, when many of them were in open space.

I think it was said because they were all "hangover-ish" over the summer. Decker was like his left hand buddy

Quote Originally Posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
    Agreed. I think Thomas is just getting open more.

It seems he's been making more catches in holes in the zone defense and in traffic than earlier in the season, when many of them were in open space.
    Thomas not only gets open, but he is bigger and I think more physical with his route running than Decker.

I think he's doing fine. Manning distributes the ball--look at how many receivers/backs/TEs he's throwing to each game. He's got DT, Decker, Stokely, Tamme, Dreesen, Willis, Green, and even a DL now. Decker will have solid numbers for a #2, which is fine. I don't think Manning needs superstars to succeed, but a deep bench of reliable ball catchers.

The average number of different receivers catching passes in each game is eight. The number of complete passes per game is twenty-five.

Decker's average number of receptions per game is about five. His average ypg is fifty-nine. His share of the TD passes is 28 per cent.

Each opponent and each game plan is different, and the way each game unfolds is different, too. Each season has its own ebb and flow.

Denver's opponents must account for each eligible receiver ... including Mitch Unrein.
    Last edited by samparnell; 12-05-2012 at 05:13 AM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Statistically he's having a decent year for the #2 WR, but I am a lil disappointed in his year. I'm not complaining or saying he sucks, but I did have higher expectations. Most people thought he would be more reliable than DT because he supposedly ran better routes and had better hands. However he seems to drop more balls and make silly mistakes like tripping over his own feet when wide open. Peyton is an equal opportunity QB, but Decker doesn't seem to be on his radar for the past 3-4 weeks. We definitely need him going forward, so I hope he gets back on the radar.

Is it just me or is Decker constantly getting knocked on his back. He gets lit up at least once every game. Rarely see him falling forward for extra yards. Dunno why but it reminds me of when Shawn Bradley always used to get dunked on
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

His drops have just been really annoying. He's has one of the highest drop rates in the NFL which is weird since he had great hands coming out of college. As of now I'd probably go C+/B-. He hasn't been very involved lately but he's certainly capable of breakout games.