Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I think he's very inconsistent. There are games he does very well, like the Bengals game, and others where he disappears, such as the Tampa Bay game.

I would also say that he's not a very physical receiver, and doesn't handle man coverage very well, unlike Thomas. But if you put Decker against zone coverage, he will get open.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

I would not call his year great, too many drops and mistakes.

Still he is having a good year.

People need to remember there is only one ball and Peyton will go to what the defense gives us.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by tacmale View Post
    56 receptions for 702 yards 12.5 yards/catch 8 TD's thru 12 games.

That averages out to 4.6 catches a game. At those rates he will have 74.6 catches with 933.3 yards and 10.6 TD's on the season. I am wouldn't be surprised if we have two 1000 yard receivers by the end of the season the way he and Thomas are both playing.

My analysis... there is absolutely nothing wrong with Decker this year. Grade he gets an A so far
    Besides the fact that before the season, he and manning had timing issues to work out, he was still an adequate reciever. He had somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 yards in the first 5 weeks, and he has been on a tear since. I say A, and see where the next 4 weeks are going for decker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I would not call his year great, too many drops and mistakes.

Still he is having a good year.

People need to remember there is only one ball and Peyton will go to what the defense gives us.
    How do you delineate good from great?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Good is when you have are the #2 reciever and great is when you are the #1 reciever.

Like I said too many drops. Also the play he tripped in the open field will stick in allot of minds.

Great would mean All Pro or atleast Pro Bowl year. He is 30th in yards, T23 in catches. He is top 10 with allot of people at 8 TDs. Definately does not deserve a Pro Bowl imo.

Bascially great would equal an A+ flawless year in which he is in the league leaders in least 2-3 WR stats.

That year may come next year but it was definately not 2012
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Like I said too many drops. Also the play he tripped in the open field will stick in allot of minds.

Great would mean All Pro or atleast Pro Bowl year. He is 30th in yards, T23 in catches. He is top 10 with allot of people at 8 TDs. Definately does not deserve a Pro Bowl imo.

Bascially great would equal an A+ flawless year in which he is in the league leaders in least 2-3 WR stats.

That year may come next year but it was definately not 2012
    Is Demaryius Thomas having a great year according to your definition?

Quote Originally Posted by Fansince2000 View Post
    Good is when you have are the #2 reciever and great is when you are the #1 reciever.
    Which is X? Which is Y? Which is Z? I don't know #1 and #2 as far as receivers are concerned. Other stuff maybe, but not receivers.

Far too many drops to consider it a great year. And dont get me wrong, drops happen to even the great ones, but Deckers numbers could look really really nice had he caught a few of the sure thing TDs early in the year. Add in the phantom trip and your talking about more than a few more TDs and prob a couple hundred yards. Put those numbers up (with what he has hauled in) and he is a Pro Bowler.

I really like the guy and I think he fits in perfectly, but too many catchable balls went right through his hands. Heres to the rest of the season to get a few back though.

Decker has been a great #2 receiver! He has been better than most of the receivers in recent times. Do I need to remind you of Lelie and Walker? Those guys make Decker look like an All Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    You have to remember he is only a 3rd year receiver who is constantly being doubled covered.
    He is never double covered. He is good, but he is not some all pro WR that teams fear and double cover, DT is.

We should not be comparing Thomas and Decker. Two totally different style of receivers and different talent levels. Decker is never and was never figured to be a huge #1 receiver. He is more of a slot type receiver based on his style of play and build. I watched him in Minnesota for 4 years and in high school so I knew what he was bringing to the table. He has done a great job in his role. All some of you like to do is piss and moan. Be happy for what we have. It's a lot more than most teams!

Is Demaryius Thomas having a great year according to your definition?
    Hmm yea maybe lets see how he finishes. He is probably on the great side of the bordlerline between great and good.

Regardless I am happy with both of their years. There is only so much ball to go around and both have had breakout years imo

C+ to B

He needs to catch it and head UPFIELD. Not spin back and try to score all the time.
    He's a bit of a spaz as athletes go. Maybe that is why he was tripped by a field snake.
    He's seems helter skelter with the ball in his hand.

88 and the Tight Ends do a good job of running the route far enough, catching the ball and getting DOWN when surrounded, running the clock, eliminating the strip, getting the first down and frustrating the defense in the process. Decker will try to dupe the group and get twisted up, held up and runs the risk of stripage.

He has been more than adequate for the role he has on the team, which is to say a #2 receiver who can be a legit enough threat so DT can't be doubled all the time.
    thanks Freyaka