Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by False Start View Post
    C+ to B

He needs to catch it and head UPFIELD. Not spin back and try to score all the time.
    He's a bit of a spaz as athletes go. Maybe that is why he was tripped by a field snake.
    He's seems helter skelter with the ball in his hand.

88 and the Tight Ends do a good job of running the route far enough, catching the ball and getting DOWN when surrounded, running the clock, eliminating the strip, getting the first down and frustrating the defense in the process. Decker will try to dupe the group and get twisted up, held up and runs the risk of stripage.
    To be fair, Decker is the one with 0 fumbles, and DT with 3 lol
    thanks Freyaka

Interestingly, both Decker and DT are in the top 10 for drop-rates among WRs (although I don't recall DT dropping any balls in a long time now)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...drop-rate-wrs/

Take with a table spoon of salt as drops tend to be very subjective (according to some people, some players have 4 drops a game)

He has just as many TDs as DT and only 13 less catches. DT has a lot more yards mostly because he runs deeper routes typically. He is better at YAC. Decker seems to have more of a quiet but good game week in and week out. I will say that he had a weak game against TB yesterday but that's one game of 12 so far. He is having a fine season and should do nothing but get better as he is still a young player.

Decker is not a yardage guy, he is a possession guy to move the chains and a red zone TD guy.

I dont care how much he has played outside, he reminds me of a Collie without the concussions that could move the chains with crossing routes in the slot, IMO, and catches TDs with well designed plays in the red zone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sheriff18 View Post
    I think he's fine. Might be better suited for the slot but he's our best option right now opposite of DT. Also Manning in general does not seem to like to throw balls up for grabs. He will occasionally but he doesn’t do it a bunch.
    Mm that is debatable, at this point in the season I see tamme as a better number 2 option. He is that reliable third down machine everyone expected decker to be

Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    You have to remember he is only a 3rd year receiver who is constantly being doubled covered.
    Who would double Eric decker? He is a inconsistent wr who for some reason only catches half the passes thrown at him and can't catch the deep pass. DT is the one being double teamed

I like Decker he's a very good number 2. He's a great route runner with sneaky speed.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Since he's figured the difference between stick-um and butter(and that he's not playing baseball), he's been great. B+/A-

Quote Originally Posted by NYColt View Post
    Interestingly, both Decker and DT are in the top 10 for drop-rates among WRs (although I don't recall DT dropping any balls in a long time now)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...drop-rate-wrs/

Take with a table spoon of salt as drops tend to be very subjective (according to some people, some players have 4 drops a game)
    As is Calvin Johnson.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

People are too concerned about dropped balls.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    It's more of a concern when one becomes older.

Duluth Trading Company to the rescue.
    Last edited by samparnell; 12-04-2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: spelling
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I think it's a concern when added to the other execution issues like run blocking and penalties. I know it seems as though the offense has been prolific, but we do have too many 3 and outs, especially early.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    I think it's a concern when added to the other execution issues like run blocking and penalties. I know it seems as though the offense has been prolific, but we do have too many 3 and outs, especially early.
    No I completely agree that the offense has been laggy and we're having major execution issues. Dropped balls can become a concern but right now that's a problem that most teams would sign up for if they were in our position.
    I think most teams would choose the flaws that this Broncos team has if they were asked to choose.

We've got some bigger issues than dropped balls is all I'm saying.

Hooray, beer!

Honestly I'd rather have Blair White over Decker right now. But that's the emotional fan in me that can't stand Decker's drops.

Thomas elevated his game, it's your turn salt.

Quote Originally Posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    Honestly I'd rather have Blair White over Decker right now. But that's the emotional fan in me that can't stand Decker's drops.

Thomas elevated his game, it's your turn salt.
    I HATE dropped passes from wrs, THERE JOB IS TO CATCH THE BALL!! I agree about the Blair white thing, I was actually kinda disappointed we didn't bring him in for a look