Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

So when McCoy is hired away this offseason, Norv Turner?

Since Turner is to be fired at the end of the year, how about we bring him in to replace McCoy? McCoy is insanely overrated and probably will be hired away to some HC gig(hopefully chargers), and fail. While Norv has had limited success as a HC, I believe in him as an OC, and would provide a significant upgrade to an already stellar coaching staff.

Absolutely, like a few others.

Good fit as a coordinator, not so much as HC.

If he'd come on, I say hell yea. Just like with Rex Ryan, Mike Nolan, Charlie Weis, Wade Philips,Josh McDaniels, and many many others. Some people are way better at being coordinators than Head coaches.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

I don't see Mccoy going anywhere and I don't mind him as much as most people around here, but Norv has a good offensive mind and I would welcome him here over 95% of other potential replacements. Yet another example of a guy who should remain a coordinator over HC.
    Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
    Supporting this staff!
    Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

if that happens, why no PFM old OC?

dont be so sure he is gone though, first where would he go and secondly, it' not every day you wake up to go to work and PFM is your QB, not to mention the talent we have here.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Since Turner is to be fired at the end of the year, how about we bring him in to replace McCoy? McCoy is insanely overrated and probably will be hired away to some HC gig(hopefully chargers), and fail. While Norv has had limited success as a HC, I believe in him as an OC, and would provide a significant upgrade to an already stellar coaching staff.
    HUH? Do you ever read what you write?

McCoy was innovative enough to adapt to Orton, then Tebow, and now acquiesce to Peyton "Freaking" Manning's play calling.

What does Norv Turner add? Have you seen his "innovative" and "inspiring" second half adjustments of late?

What games do you watch?

:paper:
    "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Everything the OP said in the OP is 100% correct. I hope it all goes down like that. I think though we will promote Adam game? To OC once we are rid of mccoy

Id image that they would just promote somebody from within the ranks of the Broncos coaching staff and try to keep the continuity of Mannings offense the same, expect Norv to end up with a small college HC gig or back as OC for the Cowboys.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by theshiverman View Post
    Id image that they would just promote somebody from within the ranks of the Broncos coaching staff and try to keep the continuity of Mannings offense the same, expect Norv to end up with a small college HC gig or back as OC for the Cowboys.

The entire city wants both A.J. Smith and Turner out of San Diego!

This guy wants Norv here. (And a third down back for President!)

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    McCoy is insanely overrated and probably will be hired away to some HC gig(hopefully chargers), and fail.
    Why would Mike McCoy fail as a head coach? Just because you don't like his play calling? There are so many things that a head coach must do, and he might not even call plays since the OC usually has such responsibility. You have no idea how McCoy works motivating players, studying game film, designing a practice schedule and game plan, if he has enough connections to build a strong coaching staff, etc.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAdam View Post
    if that happens, why no PFM old OC?

dont be so sure he is gone though, first where would he go and secondly, it' not every day you wake up to go to work and PFM is your QB, not to mention the talent we have here.
    Tom Moore? He was hired already as a consultant by another team a couple weeks ago. I forget who, but I know he is recently employed by another NFL team..

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Why would Mike McCoy fail as a head coach? Just because you don't like his play calling? There are so many things that a head coach must do, and he might not even call plays since the OC usually has such responsibility. You have no idea how McCoy works motivating players, studying game film, designing a practice schedule and game plan, if he has enough connections to build a strong coaching staff, etc.
    I doin't know it for a fact, no ones does. That is just what I believe will happen. How did anyone know McDaniels would fail? Nobody knew for sure, but some thought so. Just like some thought Fox would be successful here, others did not. I feel McCoy will not have success elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Everything the OP said in the OP is 100% correct. I hope it all goes down like that. I think though we will promote Adam game? To OC once we are rid of mccoy
    McCoy does not call the plays! Manning does! McCoy only suggests them.

Learn your team!

Having PFM, it's not a huge deal who the OC is....but someone like Norv would be nice..

Quote Originally Posted by kevlar441 View Post
    McCoy does not call the plays! Manning does! McCoy only suggests them.

Learn your team!

I hope you are being sarcastic here.