Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlar441 View Post
    HUH? Do you ever read what you write?

McCoy was innovative enough to adapt to Orton, then Tebow, and now acquiesce to Peyton "Freaking" Manning's play calling.

What does Norv Turner add? Have you seen his "innovative" and "inspiring" second half adjustments of late?

What games do you watch?

:paper:
    That is why he is overrated. He is getting credit for "implementing" new offenses and "innovating". When, in reality, he is only as good as his players. Tebow made the run game last year, and Peyton is the cause of the offense's success this year.

Everything Orton did was because of McDaniels. Bad coach, good coordinator.

Our offense hardly was successful overall last year, and when it was successful, I'd hardly attribute it to mind blowing coaching and playcalls. Tebow and his unique skill set was the only thing running the offense and opening things up because of his threat to run successfully.

This year, we are very successful offensively, but I would hardly attribute much, if any, of that to McCoy. I attribute that to having a QB playing arguably the best out of any QB in the league, and having a great #1 WR, and an above average supporting staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    That is why he is overrated. He is getting credit for "implementing" new offenses and "innovating". When, in reality, he is only as good as his players. Tebow made the run game last year, and Peyton is the cause of the offense's success this year.

Our offense hardly was successful overall last year, and when it was successful, I'd hardly attribute it to mind blowing coaching and playcalls. Tebow and his unique skill set was the only thing running the offense and opening things up because of his threat to run successfully.

This year, we are very successful offensively, but I would hardly attribute much, if any, of that to McCoy. I attribute that to having a QB playing arguably the best out of any QB in the league, and having a great #1 WR, and an above average supporting staff.
    I agree, if we still had someone like Orton, or even Tebow.....McCoy would not be getting considered for a HC job anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Everything the OP said in the OP is 100% correct. I hope it all goes down like that. I think though we will promote Adam game? To OC once we are rid of mccoy
    That's a good possibility. Probably more likely than us hiring Norv, too since Gase has been with the organization for several years now. At the very least, he will get an interview for the position!

Quote Originally Posted by kevlar441 View Post

The entire city wants both A.J. Smith and Turner out of San Diego!

This guy wants Norv here. (And a third down back for President!)

Pretty sure most would say Norv would be a decent sized upgrade over McCoy at OC.

Also, Moreno is not a 3rd down back.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Everything the OP said in the OP is 100% correct. I hope it all goes down like that. I think though we will promote Adam game? To OC once we are rid of mccoy
    Nothing the OP said was correct!

San Diego is sliding down hill by virtue of organizational "culture". The Broncos, on the other hand, are heading in exactly the opposite direction, UP!

Look at it. Nothing the OP said was correct.
    "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Completely agree with you. I've been preaching McCoy being this teams Achilles heel all season. In comparison I'd say McCoy is the game manager of Offensive Coordinators. Just like a game managing QB, he plays to not lose the game and to not make mistakes(turnovers).

Remember how when Tebow was in last season and the year before, we kept running draw plays up the middle? Defenses new what we was gonna do on offense before we even stepped on the field.

That's McCoy's doing, and he is getting credit by the media, other teams, and some fans for what the players accomplish.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Pretty sure most would say Norv would be a decent sized upgrade over McCoy at OC.

Also, Moreno is not a 3rd down back.
    WRONG! "Most would say" McCoy is a head coaching canadate while Norv is on his way out!

Let's poll "most would say".

Is aluminum foil your best friend?

Moreno this, Moreno that! Don't see him in the polling for the Pro Bowl.
    Last edited by kevlar441; 12-06-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Completely agree with you. I've been preaching McCoy being this teams Achilles heel all season. In comparison I'd say McCoy is the game manager of Offensive Coordinators. Just like a game managing QB, he plays to not lose the game and to not make mistakes(turnovers).

Remember how when Tebow was in last season and the year before, we kept running draw plays up the middle? Defenses new what we was gonna do on offense before we even stepped on the field.

That's McCoy's doing, and he is getting credit by the media, other teams, and some fans for what the players accomplish.
    Why do you think Mccoy is the problem? Because he likes to run more. Remember he had to play with Tebow with the spread offense, and was just concentrated on the run game, which made us the best rushing attack in the NFL last year. Now that Peyton Manning, who is a quarterback that can actually throw, comes around for the Broncos, you think Mccoy can switch to a pass offense so quick and effeciently? No i dont't think so, which is why John Fox and John Elway had not had a problem with Mccoy. Give him another year to make better play calls. If by then he fails, then by all means go for Norv Turner.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerBronco7 View Post
    I agree, if we still had someone like Orton, or even Tebow.....McCoy would not be getting considered for a HC job anywhere
    McCoy got a HC interview from the Dolphins when Tebow was the Broncos QB.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

LISTEN. And I will only say this one hundred thousand more times! McCoy does not call the plays! He only suggests them!

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    McCoy got a HC interview from the Dolphins when Tebow was the Broncos QB.
    He was smart and didn't go.

Mccoy has had to deal with 3 different qb's with different playing styles and different strenghts in 3 years. He has done a better job than most and I only see a handful of OC's in the league that are superior to Mccoy. You say the running game was only good because of Tebow....no crap what else could Tebow do. Mccoy built his offense around the only thing that Tebow can do, the option and runs. The jets can't even figure out how to do that. We made it to the playoffs with Tim freaking Tebow at qb, how is that in itself not a huge pat on the back for an OC. He then transitions his entire offense to Peyton Manning possibly the GOAT. Yes, I am sure there are times that Manning doesn't agree with certain play calls, but he has always had the ability to make audibles. It's Manning's first season with almost all of these guys and his first year playing after injury. I like the balance of play calling and Manning has clearly stated in interviews that he thinks the pass-run ratio is excellent and that it is vital to his success. The only play I hate from Mccoy is the wr screen with 0 blockers, outside of that I have 0 issues.

Don't forget John Fox has been quoted as saying he can win in this league without a franchise qb. He has always been a very fundamental coach that is known for his conservative nature. He along with JDR have fielded an excellent defense and in turn I believe he would like his OC aka Mccoy to take rational and calculated chances. John Fox would rather punt and pin a team deep and let this defense play ball than risk turnovers and bad judgement, in a way I think he ties Mccoys hands a bit. Tebow clearly tied his hands and so does changing qb's every year. FYI John Fox likes Mike Mccoy and when the team is averaging 28 ppg and winning 7 straight I can see why.
    Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
    Supporting this staff!
    Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

This is one of the most well thought out and articulate posts I have ever seen!

However, part of a coaches job is "to let players play"! McCoy does that well.

Far too many head coaching candidates end up as dismal failures.

I hope McCoy stays another year. I really hope JDR does.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay2Javon4life View Post
    Mccoy has had to deal with 3 different qb's with different playing styles and different strenghts in 3 years. He has done a better job than most and I only see a handful of OC's in the league that are superior to Mccoy. You say the running game was only good because of Tebow....no crap what else could Tebow do. Mccoy built his offense around the only thing that Tebow can do, the option and runs. The jets can't even figure out how to do that. We made it to the playoffs with Tim freaking Tebow at qb, how is that in itself not a huge pat on the back for an OC. He then transitions his entire offense to Peyton Manning possibly the GOAT. Yes, I am sure there are times that Manning doesn't agree with certain play calls, but he has always had the ability to make audibles. It's Manning's first season with almost all of these guys and his first year playing after injury. I like the balance of play calling and Manning has clearly stated in interviews that he thinks the pass-run ratio is excellent and that it is vital to his success. The only play I hate from Mccoy is the wr screen with 0 blockers, outside of that I have 0 issues.

Don't forget John Fox has been quoted as saying he can win in this league without a franchise qb. He has always been a very fundamental coach that is known for his conservative nature. He along with JDR have fielded an excellent defense and in turn I believe he would like his OC aka Mccoy to take rational and calculated chances. John Fox would rather punt and pin a team deep and let this defense play ball than risk turnovers and bad judgement, in a way I think he ties Mccoys hands a bit. Tebow clearly tied his hands and so does changing qb's every year. FYI John Fox likes Mike Mccoy and when the team is averaging 28 ppg and winning 7 straight I can see why.
    Exactly if Mike Mccoy was doing a horrible job, then why are we 9-3 and we have won the AFC West already?

Watch other NFL games each weekend and see how many OC's are actually far worse then Mike Mccoy is and how atrocious other team's play calling actually is. If anything I think we need some more talent on the offense from a few positions. Outside of DT nobody really screams at me as a great play maker. Mccoy plays to his strengths as an OC, and if you go back and watch some of the games there are times when Mccoy has called the perfect play and Manning has missed guys for 1st downs, it happens. I would honestly take Mccoy over at least 80-90% of OC's out there. How many of those guys could take Tim Tebow to the playoffs?
    Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
    Supporting this staff!
    Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )