View Poll Results: McGahee or Moreno

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • McGahee

    54 56.84%
  • Moreno

    41 43.16%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 71
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,548
    While I am thankful for the work McGahee put in and think he is a nice compliment to the team, I held my breath every time he ran the ball in traffic. The man had a knack for putting the ball on the dirt. He could have two hands, two arms, and two feet on the ball and I would still be afraid he would cough it up. Moreno had a bit of this a year ago but last night was awesome to see him wrap up to kill the clock, get contact and still get another 5ish yards out of it.

    McGahee coughing the ball up costing us points was enough to give me a heart attack every game.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wyoming- GOD's country
    Posts
    2,589
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeusOnEarth View Post
    I personally want Moreno to start. For those of you that know me, I'm a BIG Moreno fan and a BIG Moreno believer. It's good to see him having the type of success he had his rookie year. But he can add experience, maturity, and a healthier body to that. I think if we had Moreno as out RB of the future he would average 1500 yds/season, not counting receptions. McGahee is good, and I do like him. But I always thought he should backup Moreno. I think there are more creative ways to get Hillman in the game and make him a significant part of our offense.
    With a strict diet and exercise all that can be managed.
    RIP Cameron

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    637
    I would like to take McGahee's decisiveness after the ball is in his hands and combine it with K-Mo's elusiveness after he takes about three steps. McGahee drives me nuts by going strait ahead when a little bit more of a cut would break him into the open. Moreno drives me nuts by stutter stepping and hesitating instead of just hitting the hole when there isn't much there. I guess I'm wishing I could meld the two of them into Arian Foster.

    P.S. I like them both, but I think we are a better team with McGahee. We seem to move the chains more reliably and pick up 3rd and 1 or 1st and goal more reliably with McGahee in there.
    Last edited by Steamboat7; 12-07-2012 at 02:31 PM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,053
    This is like the question I get when ordering at restaurants: "Red or green?" My answer is: "Both, please."
    Last edited by samparnell; 12-08-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: verb
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  5. #20
    theMileHighGuy is offline
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    away from home
    Posts
    11,121
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    This like the question I get when ordering at restaurants: "Red or green?" My answer is: "Both, please."
    mmm mmm now we're talkin!


    Like these hot sauces, Moreno and McGahee are both very valuable to us. No reason not to use them both. We have to think about Mcgahee's knees and his age and the need to spell him from the game more and more. I don't think a "starter" label is necessary when you've got a great committee to rely on.

    If I had to pick one I'd pick Moreno because of his age and versatility. Also you've got to ride the hot hand, and McGahee wasn't running all that well the couple games before his injury.
    Last edited by theMileHighGuy; 12-07-2012 at 02:47 PM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,053
    Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    mmm mmm now we're talkin!


    Like these hot sauces, Moreno and McGahee are both very valuable to us. No reason not to use them both. We have to think about Mcgahee's knees and his age and the need to spell him from the game more and more. I don't think a "starter" label is necessary when you've got a great committee to rely on.

    If I had to pick one I'd pick Moreno because of his age and versatility. Also you've got to ride the hot hand, and McGahee wasn't running all that well the couple games before his injury.
    "Hot hand" is too true, Bro.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Posts
    10,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Moreno is averaging 3.6 YPC. McGahee was averaging 4.4 YPC. Moreno is almost a full yard behind McGahee. Unless the coaches fear more costly fumbles by McGahee, he will be the starter during the playoffs, especially because his experience will be extremely valuable. Conditioning might be another issue, since McGahee might not be in football shape.
    Can't go by ypc cause a lot of morenos runs were bad blocking by the oline. Moreno has outplayed mcgahee BIG TIME already. Once mcgahee comes back he will be the running back he was supposed to be, the closer to save Morenos legs but we will probably stay with Moreno and hillman

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Can't go by ypc cause a lot of morenos runs were bad blocking by the oline. Moreno has outplayed mcgahee BIG TIME already. Once mcgahee comes back he will be the running back he was supposed to be, the closer to save Morenos legs but we will probably stay with Moreno and hillman
    Didn't McGahee have the same Oline, including Kuper missing for the start of the season?

    Adopted by JakeNbake

    Sig by Freyaka

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,313
    Nothing wrong with both getting touches, but McGahee is more physical, so I would lead with him to soften up the DL.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,959
    You always gotta roll with the hot hand IMO. If Moreno continues to play well then he should continue to start. Maybe McGahee gets the goal line and short yardage carries, but Moreno should get the majority of the bulk.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rawlins, Wyoming
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    This like the question I get when ordering at restaurants: "Red or green?" My answer is: "Both, please."
    exactly what I was gonna say, I want them both I want WM for some hard nosed running, Moreno to keep the push up and some Hillman to light up the other team with his speed, Ill take those three over any other way to mix our RBs any day, I do not like Ball at all, Im sure he is better than I think he is or he wouldn't be on a NFL team but I really do not like him.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,047
    Moreno
    for the simple fact he doesnt fumble every game like McGahee

    I think Willis is easily the better player, but his fumbles were getting very frustrating

    I think Knowshon could use a little more Hillman to spell him, but if he keeps playing the way he has been then I dont really view it as a significant loss(McGahee that is)

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,087
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    Didn't McGahee have the same Oline, including Kuper missing for the start of the season?
    I don't remember many cases of players lighting willis up before he even got to the line like happened on several occasion last night. Same people sure but they aren't playing at the same level...Manny Ramierez is a huge liability in the run game and Franklin hasn't been doing as well with Manny beside him.


  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    446
    Moreno has been way better catching the ball which adds another element to the offense. I remember Willis dropping a lot of passes during his time as a starter.

    The job is now Knowshons to lose.
    @MisterBerman

    Go Broncos

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,087
    Quote Originally Posted by mb3playa View Post
    Moreno has been way better catching the ball which adds another element to the offense. I remember Willis dropping a lot of passes during his time as a starter.

    The job is now Knowshons to lose.
    Dropped a rather costly first down vs NE not to mention the fumble....


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •