View Poll Results: McGahee or Moreno

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • McGahee

54 56.84%
  • Moreno

41 43.16%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    While I am thankful for the work McGahee put in and think he is a nice compliment to the team, I held my breath every time he ran the ball in traffic. The man had a knack for putting the ball on the dirt. He could have two hands, two arms, and two feet on the ball and I would still be afraid he would cough it up. Moreno had a bit of this a year ago but last night was awesome to see him wrap up to kill the clock, get contact and still get another 5ish yards out of it.

McGahee coughing the ball up costing us points was enough to give me a heart attack every game.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeusOnEarth View Post
    I personally want Moreno to start. For those of you that know me, I'm a BIG Moreno fan and a BIG Moreno believer. It's good to see him having the type of success he had his rookie year. But he can add experience, maturity, and a healthier body to that. I think if we had Moreno as out RB of the future he would average 1500 yds/season, not counting receptions. McGahee is good, and I do like him. But I always thought he should backup Moreno. I think there are more creative ways to get Hillman in the game and make him a significant part of our offense.
    With a strict diet and exercise all that can be managed.
    RIP Cameron

I would like to take McGahee's decisiveness after the ball is in his hands and combine it with K-Mo's elusiveness after he takes about three steps. McGahee drives me nuts by going strait ahead when a little bit more of a cut would break him into the open. Moreno drives me nuts by stutter stepping and hesitating instead of just hitting the hole when there isn't much there. I guess I'm wishing I could meld the two of them into Arian Foster.

P.S. I like them both, but I think we are a better team with McGahee. We seem to move the chains more reliably and pick up 3rd and 1 or 1st and goal more reliably with McGahee in there.
    Last edited by Steamboat7; 12-07-2012 at 02:31 PM.

This is like the question I get when ordering at restaurants: "Red or green?" My answer is: "Both, please."
    Last edited by samparnell; 12-08-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: verb
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    This like the question I get when ordering at restaurants: "Red or green?" My answer is: "Both, please."
    mmm mmm now we're talkin!

Like these hot sauces, Moreno and McGahee are both very valuable to us. No reason not to use them both. We have to think about Mcgahee's knees and his age and the need to spell him from the game more and more. I don't think a "starter" label is necessary when you've got a great committee to rely on.

If I had to pick one I'd pick Moreno because of his age and versatility. Also you've got to ride the hot hand, and McGahee wasn't running all that well the couple games before his injury.
    Last edited by theMileHighGuy; 12-07-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    mmm mmm now we're talkin!

Like these hot sauces, Moreno and McGahee are both very valuable to us. No reason not to use them both. We have to think about Mcgahee's knees and his age and the need to spell him from the game more and more. I don't think a "starter" label is necessary when you've got a great committee to rely on.

If I had to pick one I'd pick Moreno because of his age and versatility. Also you've got to ride the hot hand, and McGahee wasn't running all that well the couple games before his injury.
    "Hot hand" is too true, Bro.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Moreno is averaging 3.6 YPC. McGahee was averaging 4.4 YPC. Moreno is almost a full yard behind McGahee. Unless the coaches fear more costly fumbles by McGahee, he will be the starter during the playoffs, especially because his experience will be extremely valuable. Conditioning might be another issue, since McGahee might not be in football shape.
    Can't go by ypc cause a lot of morenos runs were bad blocking by the oline. Moreno has outplayed mcgahee BIG TIME already. Once mcgahee comes back he will be the running back he was supposed to be, the closer to save Morenos legs but we will probably stay with Moreno and hillman

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Can't go by ypc cause a lot of morenos runs were bad blocking by the oline. Moreno has outplayed mcgahee BIG TIME already. Once mcgahee comes back he will be the running back he was supposed to be, the closer to save Morenos legs but we will probably stay with Moreno and hillman
    Didn't McGahee have the same Oline, including Kuper missing for the start of the season?

Adopted by JakeNbake

Sig by Freyaka

Nothing wrong with both getting touches, but McGahee is more physical, so I would lead with him to soften up the DL.

You always gotta roll with the hot hand IMO. If Moreno continues to play well then he should continue to start. Maybe McGahee gets the goal line and short yardage carries, but Moreno should get the majority of the bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    This like the question I get when ordering at restaurants: "Red or green?" My answer is: "Both, please."
    exactly what I was gonna say, I want them both I want WM for some hard nosed running, Moreno to keep the push up and some Hillman to light up the other team with his speed, Ill take those three over any other way to mix our RBs any day, I do not like Ball at all, Im sure he is better than I think he is or he wouldn't be on a NFL team but I really do not like him.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Moreno
    for the simple fact he doesnt fumble every game like McGahee

I think Willis is easily the better player, but his fumbles were getting very frustrating

I think Knowshon could use a little more Hillman to spell him, but if he keeps playing the way he has been then I dont really view it as a significant loss(McGahee that is)

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    Didn't McGahee have the same Oline, including Kuper missing for the start of the season?
    I don't remember many cases of players lighting willis up before he even got to the line like happened on several occasion last night. Same people sure but they aren't playing at the same level...Manny Ramierez is a huge liability in the run game and Franklin hasn't been doing as well with Manny beside him.

Moreno has been way better catching the ball which adds another element to the offense. I remember Willis dropping a lot of passes during his time as a starter.

The job is now Knowshons to lose.
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by mb3playa View Post
    Moreno has been way better catching the ball which adds another element to the offense. I remember Willis dropping a lot of passes during his time as a starter.

The job is now Knowshons to lose.
    Dropped a rather costly first down vs NE not to mention the fumble....