View Poll Results: Are you scared?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    80 43.48%
  • No

    104 56.52%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 165
  1. #136
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Biddeford, Maine
    Posts
    502
    The Pats are the one team I want NOTHING to do with. I don't even thing it's a close game if we play NE. Any other team in the NFL, and we can win it all.


    Bronco fan for 31 years!!!!

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The North Of England
    Posts
    1,841
    A team that can beat the Patriots are a team that can...

    1.) Get pressure to the QB - Check
    2.) Run the ball efficiently - Check (so far so good)
    3.) Run the clock efficiently - Check.

    Last time they played us we were still getting sorted out offensively and Joe Mays was playing.

    It was pretty unfair with how the Broncos had the Texans, Falcons and Patriots in short order at the start of the year. I'm pretty sure we could beat all three now.

    I bet every team would dread facing Denver at Mile High come play-off time. No-huddle in the cold January air? Good luck with that.
    All in for Siemian!

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,645
    I still want nothing to do with them, but the chance of facing them at home is a lot better. Look at last nights game and how they stormed back against one of the top D's in the league
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

  4. #139
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,350
    Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    I still want nothing to do with them, but the chance of facing them at home is a lot better. Look at last nights game and how they stormed back against one of the top D's in the league
    Yeah i looked,and i seen Justin Smith on the sideless not playing.When Justin Smith was in the game before he got hurt the Patriots team was getting handled.What i did see was Aldon Smith is not as good with J Smith out of the lineup.

    But i do agree,i would rather play them in Denver.Remember the Bailey pick 6 and the crowd going nuts.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    2,521
    Scared no. RESPECT yes. It will make a HUUUUGGGEEEE!!!! Difference if we get them and TAMMY at home. Houston is a team that actually concerns me more, with their DEFENSE! Plus they will have the Home all the way through it looks like.

    This season is reminding me of 1997!!!! Remember the revenge tour??? Jacksonville, Kansas City, Pittsburgh???

    This season it could be New England, Houston and Atlanta in the Super Bowl! Reveng tour Two, 2012 style! Mannings playing Elway. Knowshon is playing the part of TD. DT is Rod Smith.
    oh YEAH?

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    220
    In Foxboro yes, in Denver no. Big difference when they can't no huddle as easily.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    17,552
    Still scared that wont change anytime soon.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,185
    After yesterday, I have no more fear.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    where the kudzu grows
    Posts
    1,128
    There was a tv show in the early 70's called Kung Fu, starring David Carradine. If you remember it, you'll know where I'm going with this.

    Young Caine: You cannot see.
    Master Po: You think I cannot see?
    Young Caine: Of all things, to live in darkness must be worst.
    Master Po: Fear is the only darkness.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,535
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGBPD View Post
    The Pats are the one team I want NOTHING to do with. I don't even thing it's a close game if we play NE. Any other team in the NFL, and we can win it all.
    Then Denver isn't the best team and doesn't deserve to win it.

    Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    I still want nothing to do with them, but the chance of facing them at home is a lot better. Look at last nights game and how they stormed back against one of the top D's in the league
    Already covered, but I'd like your response. They didn't "storm" back: Smith left the game, and they switched to zone coverage after building a 31-3 lead. Desperate times call for desperate measures and all that. Not to mention how many opportunities the 49ers absolutely WASTED due to fumbled snaps, a redzone fumble, awkward play calling, running with someone other than Gore when they needed to eat clock, etc. The 31-3 was the most accurate reflection of how those teams match up. Doesn't mean the 49ers are better than the Patriots, just that they match up well to them.

    New England matched up well to Denver last time they played, but it was still pretty close. Look at the progression of each team since and tell me the Broncos players aren't licking their chops at the chance to have another crack at them.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    4,438
    As long as Tom Brady is the quarterback of the Patriots, I'm always going to get nervous when the Broncos play them.

    I will not pick against them unless they are playing the Giants.

    I cannot say that about any other team in the NFL.

    So yes, they scare me.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Chidoze View Post
    As long as Tom Brady is the quarterback of the Patriots, I'm always going to get nervous when the Broncos play them.

    I will not pick against them unless they are playing the Giants.

    I cannot say that about any other team in the NFL.

    So yes, they scare me.
    Why are people that scared of Brady? You want a QB to be scared of? Look at our current GM when he was playing.

    Brady sort-of rides that team. Most of the passes he completes are due to the system, and he has benefitted from pass interference calls the last few weeks.

    Also, the Niners played more zone in the second half, and it allowed the Pats to come back.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,868
    Quote Originally Posted by JBBronco1 View Post
    Why are people that scared of Brady? You want a QB to be scared of? Look at our current GM when he was playing.

    Brady sort-of rides that team. Most of the passes he completes are due to the system, and he has benefitted from pass interference calls the last few weeks.

    Also, the Niners played more zone in the second half, and it allowed the Pats to come back.
    I think that's pure hater nonsense. If the system were so great it would have thrived here. Brady is an elite QB in any system. He maximizes it, making it seem better than it actually is and taking guys like Edelman and Welker and making them look like All-Pros.

    He is highly intelligent, makes all the throws, and is fearless under pressure.

    If anything, the "system" is riding Brady.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New york, NY
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    I think that's pure hater nonsense. If the system were so great it would have thrived here. Brady is an elite QB in any system. He maximizes it, making it seem better than it actually is and taking guys like Edelman and Welker and making them look like All-Pros.

    He is highly intelligent, makes all the throws, and is fearless under pressure.

    If anything, the "system" is riding Brady.
    You mean how "system" was riding Matt Cassell for 11 wins.

    I am not saying Brady is bad but put Ryan Millet he will win 10+ easy.

    BB is the architect.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,868
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningForLife View Post
    You mean how "system" was riding Matt Cassell for 11 wins.

    I am not saying Brady is bad but put Ryan Millet he will win 10+ easy.

    BB is the architect.
    Brady = 18 wins, Super Bowl appearance
    Cassell = 11 wins, no playoffs

    Thanks for making my argument for me.
    Last edited by Lomax; 12-19-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •