Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Matt Cassel would look good in a Chargers uniform.
    Phillip Rivers for Matt Cassell,i can see it now.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    "The San Diego Chargers trade their 2013 and 2014 1st round picks plus TE Gates to the New England Patriots for Ryan Mallet and a 7th"

Quote Originally Posted by FabrizioHC View Post
    "The San Diego Chargers trade their 2013 and 2014 1st round picks plus TE Gates to the New England Patriots for Ryan Mallet and a 7th"
    what do you think this is Madden, NE would never give up their 7th in that trade lol. Sadly as funny as it would be to see McDaniels "own the Chargers" by running the show, it truly would make the pats that much better.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    Sounds like a great trade.

He's gonna cut Gates and showcase richard quinn as his go to TE

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by one5beast View Post
    @AlbertBreer: Also, hearing Josh McDaniels' interest in Browns isn't as strong as you might think. And that San Diego could be interested in him.

I know it's says could. But just the fact his name is mentioned with San Diego. This would be hilarious.
    Would he coach the team by himself?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Man....I just don't understand how teams' haven't figured out by now that Belichick's assistants don't end up doing very well when given the HC reigns....some previous Belichick Corrd's that went on to be head coaches: Weis, McD, Mangini, Crennel.....none of these guys did SQUAT when given the chance to be HC of a football team. Look, it's simple....Belichick is the secret sauce in New England. The guy will someday probably be known as the greatest HC in the NFL of all time, and he makes EVERYONE else in NE look better.

How else can you explain Matt friggin Cassel going 11-5....
    Last edited by 4th Amigo; 12-27-2012 at 11:55 AM.

He'll trade next year's first for this year's second!

Please let the Spanos family hire McDaniels. PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    He'll trade next year's first for this year's second!

Please let the Spanos family hire McDaniels. PLEASE!
    even if they did hire mcdoosh, he wouldn't have the power over player personnel that he had in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    even if they did hire mcdoosh, he wouldn't have the power over player personnel that he had in Denver.
    Source?

Nothing says Spanos wont change his plan and go get away from a GM style model. But, it sounds like you are close enough to the organization. So thanks for the tidbit.

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Source?

Nothing says Spanos wont change his plan and go get away from a GM style model. But, it sounds like you are close enough to the organization. So thanks for the tidbit.
    well first of all the chargers have never given any coach power like that since dean spanos has been in charge. secondly, https://twitter.com/UTKevinAcee or https://twitter.com/UTgehlken

they cover the chargers and supposedly acee has an inside source, here are a few quotes.

Chargers can call John Spanos whatever they want. Fact is, he will eventually be in charge of football operations. A GM/President hybrid.
    They will interview people but the plan is to have Jimmy Raye be the new GM.
    It is not known who will take over for Turner, but current Director of Player Personnel Jimmy Raye is the apparent replacement for Smith. Sources said Raye, who has been with the Chargers for 17 seasons, will ascend to a job much like Smith’s but with his new right-hand man being the owner’s son, John Spanos.
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...hargers-seaso/

believe me, i want them to hire a coach with more power (not mcd though) but it doesn't look like it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by one5beast View Post
    @AlbertBreer: Also, hearing Josh McDaniels' interest in Browns isn't as strong as you might think. And that San Diego could be interested in him.

I know it's says could. But just the fact his name is mentioned with San Diego. This would be hilarious.
    I hope this is true. Then the Bolts can compete with the Faiders and the Chefs for last place in the West next year.

I just heard they will pass on Andy Reid, says they want to go cheaper on the hire, if i was a Chargers fan i wouldnt want to hear 'Cheaper' when describing the hire of the next head coach, not after the pathetic tenure of Norv Turner, id want to throw a big bag of cash at somebody who could fix that crappy team....like Gruden or Cowher.....but as a Bronco fan i say good job and good plan, go cheap and save a buck san diego......
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Amigo View Post
    Man....I just don't understand how teams' haven't figured out by now that Belichick's assistants don't end up doing very well when given the HC reigns....some previous Belichick Corrd's that went on to be head coaches: Weis, McD, Mangini, Crennel
    Before he was a defensive coordinator with the Patriots, guess who Crennel was a defensive coach for? Bill Parcells with the Giants (same place where Bellichick was). So, Crennell does not go under the Bellichick tree. He goes under Parcells, which is where Bellichick got his start. Crennel does not go under the Bellichick coaching tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Before he was a defensive coordinator with the Patriots, guess who Crennel was a defensive coach for? Bill Parcells with the Giants (same place where Bellichick was). So, Crennell does not go under the Bellichick tree. He goes under Parcells, which is where Bellichick got his start. Crennel does not go under the Bellichick coaching tree.
    He was an assistant on those Giants teams to the defensive coordinator who was Bill Bellichick He also left with Bellichick to the Browns and to the Patriots with Bellichick Never coached for Parcells with out Bellichick also coaching there so you were saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.