Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I am still not sure I think we are the best team, top 5 yes.

What I wonder about is since those first few games we haven't played a top 5 team. When we played those teams early and lost they were fairly close but I think we are much better as a team now. Will be interesting to watch the playoffs this year.

It worries me a little that Manning is known for not having a great playoff record.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos724 View Post
    If you really believe that you are sorely mistaken. These men have their reputations on the line, not to mention millions of dollars for some of them. Besides a select few, the mast majority of players and coaches will be trying to do everything they can to win this game.
    That echoes what I said earlier about men wanting to keep their jobs.

I think we as fans don't quite understand how quickly someone's dream job can end in this game. The players and coaches want to win, want to look good, want to give the front office something to build on and believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by svpearson View Post

What I wonder about is since those first few games we haven't played a top 5 team. When we played those teams early and lost they were fairly close but I think we are much better as a team now. Will be interesting to watch the playoffs this year.

It worries me a little that Manning is known for not having a great playoff record.
    No, the Colts teams he played on didn't have a great playoff record. This is an instance where his stats are actually more important than his record. If you watched those Colts play at all, you know exactly why his record looks that way.

It's going to be a tough game early but I think the Broncos will pull away in the second half.

The Chiefs will be motivated to kick the Broncos out of a bye week but I don't think PFM will let this team coast at all.

There are a number of reasons why I believe we are the best team right now:

1) 10 game streak, and haven't had a close score in any of them.
    2) Most balanced team.
    3) Still looking to peak (that may be a "subjective" opinion, but I do believe it's true)
    4) Are relatively healthy
    5) Other top teams have lost of late and/or are not playing great football. The Pats lost to SF in a messy game, and did not play well against The Jax. SF is giving up tons of points lately, and were trounced by Seattle. Atlanta has been good of late, but had a lot of close wins during the season, some against easy opponents. Houston has sucked. Green Bay is coming on, but haven't been good enough all season to deserve #1 ranking. The list goes on.

Elway was thought to be incapable of winning the BIG ONE before the back-to-back championships.
    RIP Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Elway was thought to be incapable of winning the BIG ONE before the back-to-back championships.
    The same for Roger Staubach, Kenny Stabler and Jim Plunkett, until they won. Some people have a tendency to confuse "can't win" with "haven't won".

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    The same for Roger Staubach, Kenny Stabler and Jim Plunkett, until they won. Some people have a tendency to confuse "can't win" with "haven't won".
    And others keep acting like Peyton's never won one...which he has.

Did you know that Peyton has actually a better playoff QBR rating than Brady?
    Did you know that Brady won his first 2 rings with an average of 80 and 83 QBR, and 5/3 TD/INT ratio?
    Did you know, that Peyton's worst averyge postseason QBR was actually in 2006, when the Colts won the Superbowl? (His average was 68. Yes, 68, and the Colts won.).
    Did you know, that since 2006, he has had 4 playoffs, and his QBR averages were 97, 91, 100 and 109?

So, yes, he's known for not having a great playoff record. But that does not mean he hasn't had great playoff performances. Actually, except year 2006, and that two dreaded playoff games in Boston in 2003/2004, he's had only good-to-brilliant playoff performances. While Tom Brady had only 2 great games since 2006, one against Jacksonwille, and one against the Broncos last year, both games in Boston. Other than these 2, he has thrown more INT's than TD's, and has had ratings between 49 to 90. (The 90 was in last year's SB.)

So, it's funny, but if there is a team that should worry more about their QB's performance-drop in the postseason, it's actually more the Patriots than the Broncos...

Quote Originally Posted by peterk View Post
    Did you know that Peyton has actually a better playoff QBR rating than Brady?
    Did you know that Brady won his first 2 rings with an average of 80 and 83 QBR, and 5/3 TD/INT ratio?
    Did you know, that Peyton's worst averyge postseason QBR was actually in 2006, when the Colts won the Superbowl? (His average was 68. Yes, 68, and the Colts won.).
    Did you know, that since 2006, he has had 4 playoffs, and his QBR averages were 97, 91, 100 and 109?

So, yes, he's known for not having a great playoff record. But that does not mean he hasn't had great playoff performances. Actually, except year 2006, and that two dreaded playoff games in Boston in 2003/2004, he's had only good-to-brilliant playoff performances. While Tom Brady had only 2 great games since 2006, one against Jacksonwille, and one against the Broncos last year, both games in Boston. Other than these 2, he has thrown more INT's than TD's, and has had ratings between 49 to 90. (The 90 was in last year's SB.)

So, it's funny, but if there is a team that should worry more about their QB's performance-drop in the postseason, it's actually more the Patriots than the Broncos...
    New Englands magic left when Viniteri left imo.

that boy got bullied lol

Oooooooooooooooooo

This video is FUN to watch

These are the type things that make fans happy happy happy

Don't forget to relish this - This kind of satisfaction doesn't happen every season!
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese