Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    Yeah, where do we pick up our paychecks?
    I'll be sending out invoices on the first of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    I'm going to DDoS you all...

No I'm not this is not a threat or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    something about worcestershire sauce?
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

DO IT .... DO IT

would be the correct answer.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    something about worcestershire sauce?

Oh jeeze. I go get a beer and this is what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    Thanks guys for sharing. Do you guys have a preference to virus scan software? I use two but I know they do not catch everything and as Tned mentioned they are not doing that great of a job these days at catching all of them as they change and add new ones almost daily.

I might add to what has been said especially with emails or pop up ads. Don't let your curiosity kill you. If you did not ask for it then it is probably BAD. If it sounds too good to be true, well you know the rest. More people get taken advantage of by simply opening an email attachment, link, or ad just out of curiosity. DON'T BE THAT GUY, or GIRL.

Also it is a good thing to change your passwords at least once every month especially on your Bank accounts, PayPal, and anything that contains your financial information. If you pay bills online change those passwords frequently.
    I personally use Vipre at home (AV and Malware) detection. From year to year any given AV product will rise and fall in the test ranks, but that's testing for known vulnerabilities, so it's only part of the story. I periodically, and if I think a machine was hit, run Malwarebytes (just the free version). I think Windows Defender has gotten much better and may be a good enough product now. There was a time when the Windows products were very lacking.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Are we still having a problem? I am getting some type of "blocked" activity on this site.

My web browser still recognizes this as an attack site. I use the most up to date Mozilla as well. I have even rebooted my computer to see if that solves it. Just a heads up!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

It just started again for me.

Yeah it's started for me again as well
    All in for Siemian!

I am posting a breakdown of the Google Report on this site. Maybe it will help you guys find it. Problem is it could be an embedded link in somebody's signature or image.

Of the 356 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 11 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-29, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-29.
    Malicious software includes 1 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain(s), including penetraterarest.pro/, rtffeatureand.org/, consumesenhanced.pro/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including journaldugeek.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS16509 (AMAZON).

It's kinda funny that when google blocks the site with that message, I clicked the nortonsafe.search that's on my system and it takes me right in. Norton's pretty good for the most part, I would think if actual malware was on the site Norton would catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    It's kinda funny that when google blocks the site with that message, I clicked the nortonsafe.search that's on my system and it takes me right in. Norton's pretty good for the most part, I would think if actual malware was on the site Norton would catch it.
    I trust Google over Norton 100%. Norton. AV is terrible. Only Norton AV (Symantec) software I would ever consider recommending to a client is their remotely managed enterprise security suite for medium and corporate sized businesses. One of the first things I do when receiving a new PC is removed the pre installed Norton crap.

Quote Originally Posted by // / yardo View Post
    One of the first things I do when receiving a new PC is removed the pre installed Norton crap.
    Which your average user can't even do because just going to the uninstall feature wont remove everything, which has me classifying Norton as malware lol

Their Security Scan acts just like the fake alert malware crap.

It piggybacks on the installers for other programs. Sure, it's usually opt-out, but since it's also checked off for installation by default it usually ends up coming along for the ride. Once it goes to "work," Security Scan will tell you your system doesn't have a security product installed, even if it does. The same thing fake alert programs do.

It recognizes cookies as threats, and says as much with a big stupid red x button, asks you if you want to fix those threats, then whisks you away to Norton's site where you can buy more of their crap. It also pops up throughout the day to repeatedly remind you about all those threats -- again, just like fake alert malware does. There's also loud annoying audio with some woman telling you their scan "may have uncovered some problems with your PC."

I hate Norton, can't ya tell? lol I would use any number of free AV programs before even thinking about using a Norton product.
    Last edited by kishzilla; 12-30-2012 at 10:45 AM.