Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosk View Post
    2B - Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
    I believe Wheaton is going to shoot up draft boards come April and would be lethal in the slot. Wheaton had a terrific senior year and is blazing fast. He's a solid route runner with good, strong hands. Voted team captain by his teammates - again, something our team values a lot. One of my favorite receiver prospects in the draft class, he deserves some recognition.
    No real problem with this draft. I also like Wheaton, but I guess from what I've seen is his hands are questionable at times. He is an underrated playmaker in this draft, if it were me I would lean toward Stedman Bailey if he were still available. Although Wheaton is head-and-shoulders above Bailey in the "off-the-field" department.
    New York Football Giants GM

I can see us getting Porter again for cheap because he certainly didn't do anything to justify getting paid more. Mays is a good depth player and just signed a new contract last year..

It's not up to Fox whether or not we trade our first rounder. Unless Elways signs off on it, it's not happening.

Plugging the holes: Mock Draft

Assuming we win the super bowl, that would give us the 32nd pick the draft, so we trade down a couple of spots because the MLB we were targeting is gonna rise of up the draft boards after his combine (Alec Ogletree). We pick up the 5th pick in the 2nd round, along with a 3rd rounder. then trade OUR 2nd and 3rd to move up in the draft, to pick another early 2nd rounder. trade our 5th (next year) 6th and 7th this year for an early 5th rounder

2.a) Kevin Minter- MLB- LSU- will solidify the holes in our defense, is a good coverage linebacker, and run stopper, he is well-rounded LB, and he has the potential to have the impact on our defense that Al Wilson had.

2.b) David Amerson-CB-NC state- due to his size, and strength we convert him to SS and pair him up with Rahim "The Dream" Moore, and this will solidify our safety postion because as of this year Rahim really stepped up his game compared to last year, a totally different player, but will improve with experience and confidence. Amerson before this season was considered to be the top corner and possibly a top 10 pick, but he still has the upside, and talents that made people believe for him to be a top 10 pick. we get a steal here.

3.)Stedman Bailey-WR-WVU- A lot of people believe Tavon Austin will be the better of the two recievers,as he had more production, but Bailey is no slouch either, and he is also bigger, and stronger, and he will solidify our elite group of recievers.

4.) Daniel McCullers-DT-Tennessee- An absolute monster in terms of size and strength, and he is alos deceptively quick, for a man his size, at least. He has great potential to become a great player, and we pluck him out of the draft in the 4th

5.) Marcus Lattimore- RB- USCC- Obviously everyone knows how talented this kid really is, although injuries plagued his college career, and it may have been the worst news of his young career as of right now, but this is also the best news to whomever takes him in the draft,as they will get a steal. I believe he will overcome the injury and play at an elite level. To be honest his injuries weren't because he is injury prone, it was just freak accidents and unfortunately for him the defenders, both times, hit him in the perfect place to take him out. Again im a huge Knowshon fan, and i still believe he is the best back on our team right now, I honestly dont believe Hillman will turn out to be a gamechanger at all, but i could be wrong (hopefully). With all that being said I say we pair up Knowshon and ease Marcus into the game until he is fully recovered.

McCullers not coming out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    McCullers not coming out this year.
    well, shoot, haha what do you think about the rest of the draft then?

Didn't DJ Williams already restructure his contract?

I could be wrong, so correct me if needed.

I'd dig Lattimore or Montee Ball in the mid rounds personally.

Knowshon is playing great but I think he'll benefit from the competition and although I like McGahee, I think he's getting too old and we need a young starting running back.
    All in for Siemian!

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    Didn't DJ Williams already restructure his contract?
    I could be wrong, so correct me if needed.
    According to rotoworld here's how it is now: 2013: $6 million, 2014: Free Agent

Having only one year left, there can't be a plain restructuring at this point, we could give him an extension and then there could be some pushing off of money till further years. Really though, he probably does not have a future with our team beyond a year if we spend a 1st rounder on a LBer. Most likely I think they go to him and say take a cut or we gotta part ways.

Have not been impressed by Kevin Minter at all, I wouldn't take him in the 1st two rounds. Honestly Lamin Barrow has impressed me more than Minter.

You know what, I do like this overall although I don't like the Knighton signing and would prefer
    Mays to stay at least as a backup. It does seem like a lot of defensive overhaul though and weak on run defense although possibly better in the takeaway department. Urlacher reportedly won't play with anyone but the Bears so unless they don't want him, he won't want us.

Good mock, with AP's knee "injury" this year people will be higher on Lattimore. I could see him going top 2, 3 rounds. I'd still spend a 3rd on him no problem.

Don't really think Amerson as SS is a very good move. He would be more of a FS which is where Moore is playing.
    New York Football Giants GM

I like Kevin Minter. He's not a very fast player sideline to sideline like Arther Brown or Alec Ogletree is but he's a better "in the box" LBer. He knows how to feel wholes and shows good hand use for getting off blocks. I think hes one of the better blitzers at the linebacker in this draft. Steps the blocks up nicely. I would not be mad at this pick at all.

David Amerson is a whole another beast. Which Amerson are you going to get, the one who strap up for every game and had 10 picks as a sophmore or are you getting the one who thought he was the best ever and got to burnt week after week? Im not going to deny that he has ballskills but I didnt see the consistencey like I did last year. The games that pop out in my head are the week 1 game agaisnt Tennessee and the game agaisnt Miami. In both games the QBs targeted him and the burnt him play after play. I think he needs alot of work in his techinque. He has a buyer beware sign on him in my opinion.

I like it, I like it a lot.

If we were to follow your format I would rather have:

2a. Jesse Williams
    2b. Xavier Rhodes
    3. same
    4. Jonathan Bostic
    5. same

but if no trades were to happen:

1. Bennie Logan (interior pass rush, can't blitz linebackers every time in this league )
    2. Eddie Lacy (great backup for Moreno in that, Lacy will tire defenses physically and just help Moreno produce in the league even more. 2 1,000 yards rushers for the Broncos?)
    3. Michael Buchanan (Insurance and successor to Doom, backup to Von)
    4. Jonathan Bostic (competition at MLB, I think in this defense, with it's attacking style, he could prosper)
    5. Alec Lemon (Wide receiver from Syracuse, I wonder how playing him at CB would work lol)

But I can see in the best of worlds that draft making us an instant perennial