Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What if the 2012 Broncos played the 1998 Broncos?

What if they played eachother? Now we know.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

According to Football Outsiders, this years Broncos are one of the top ten teams of all time according to their metric with a rating of 36.6. The '98 Broncos rated at 32.6 with a much better offense (Though there were four games of Bubby Brister), but a slightly below average defense. Truth is, that team looked a lot like this year's Patriots who are better than the Broncos on offensive rating, but who have about an average defense.

But this year's defense is much better than our '98 team by their metric. The only problem is that Seattle is also a top ten team and New England is ranked 12th all time (Their metrics go back to 1991 so far).
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Wait, no Von?

The 97 and 98 Broncos teams were loaded on offense and defense. I just can't see this year's team hanging close.

He must have been injured or something.

I'd take this team, ofcourse I only truly have watched this team from an analytical view but I think this Bronco team is off the charts dominant ...n especially next year

Okay, their stats make no sense lol

The fact that Marcus Nash has a reception completely discredits this simulation

I think that the teams we had in the late 90's were built to beat teams like we have right now.
    We were T.O.P monsters. TD could've kept Peyton and this offense off the field 75% of the game by moving the chains.

That being said, I think this team is very dangerous and can score on any given possession, offensively or defensively, so you never know and we never will know.

The world would explode from too much awesome at one time

Other that agreeing with 100% with Orangepants, '98 Broncos have a ring....'12 Broncos are in the hunt.

Edge: '98 team.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    The fact that Marcus Nash has a reception completely discredits this simulation
    Wasn't Marcus Nash Peyton's #1 receiver at Tennessee? I remember thinking that Indy should take him in the 2nd round back in 1998, but I think Denver took him at #30 so Indy took someone else with the first pick of the 2nd round.

But yeah, unless this team gets a ring it's not much of a argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post
    Wasn't Marcus Nash Peyton's #1 receiver at Tennessee? I remember thinking that Indy should take him in the 2nd round back in 1998, but I think Denver took him at #30 so Indy took someone else with the first pick of the 2nd round.
    Indeed he was. Shockingly it turns out that Peyton made him look slightly better than he actually was
    Total bust for us...think he had a few good arena league seasons though

Terrell Davis would be too much for the 2012 run D. I say Elway leads the 98's on a 99 yard drive in the final 3 minutes to tie the game at 42. Then in OT, The 12's get the ball first and drive down to the 98s 45 yard line, setting up Matt Prater for a 63 yd FG, Prater kicks the ball so long and high the refs cant see if its good or not, so they call it no good even though if the uprights were to extend to the clouds, it clearly would have been right down the middle, blown call. A couple of nice Davis runs later, the 98s are set up for a 64 yard Jason Elam attempt, he nails it, and the 98s win 45-42! What a game!

lol......look at the defense stats..a bunch of guys that arent even on this team

Cyril Obiozor
    Coryell Judie
    Jamie Blatnick (PS)
    Ramzee Robinson ?
    Anthony Perkins
    Mario Butler and more...

And I dont see Carter leading the team in tackles with 3....and no Von...