Page 1 of 248 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Cool Official Game Day Thread: Postseason Edition: Division Round: Ravens vs Broncos

Bronco Fans Unite! Woot! Can I get a what what?

Here we are, the division round. Last year we were in this round, but we were waiting to be buzz sawed by New England on the road. What a difference a year makes. Peyton Manning, the # 1 seed and waiting for the Ravens to pay us a visit. On a short week no less, without the benefit of their home crowd. Their D was on the field for a long time (87 plays) and they have the mile high air to deal with. So it's time to drop some MEGA stats on you.

Peyton Manning has won his last 9 games (9-2 overall) vs the Ravens. The last Raven team to beat him was quarterbacked by Elvis Grbac. Peyton vs the Ravens
    Comp pct 63.9
    Pass YPG 263
    TD-INT 20-8
    Passer Rating 96.2

The Broncos won the last 2 times at home vs the Ravens.
    We faced the Ravens in week 15 and were leading 31-3 in the 4th quarter. We got a little lax and let Pitta score 2 TDs in the 4th. The game was not as close as that score dictated. The Raven's run game was stuffed for most of the day. It's a different week and Saturday will be a different game, but we all want that same result. A Broncos "W"

Let's talk the weather. All day I have heard Peyton in 0-3 when it is below 40 degrees in the playoffs.
    Well for him to be 40 below they would have all had to been away games. 2 were losses to the Pats, one of the where NE totally mugged Indy receivers leading to stricter PI rules. The 3rd loss was 2003 when the Jets blanketed the Colts and crushed them. In those 3 games Manning threw 1 TD and 7 INTs. It will be cold for the game, but this is a home game for Manning and he has been wearing a glove to help him the last few weeks.

Manning has been clutch this year, esp in 4th quarter where he has 8 TD's no ints.

Since our last Superbowl win, the playoffs have not been too kind to us

We lost to the Ravens on the road - in the wild card round
    We lost 2x to the Colts on the Road - in wild card rounds.
    We won vs the Pats at home and lost to Pitt at home the following week - In Division and AFC Championship round
    We won vs Pitt at Home in the Wild card / Loss to Pats on the road in the div.

Manning in the playoffs overall.
    Record 9-10 (Last win vs the Jets in 2010)
    Comp pct 63.1
    pass ypg 283.6
    TD-INT 29-19
    QB rating 88.4

So what will it be this year. In recent years the AFC seemed to have avoided the first round jinx.
    Fox, Del Rio and Elway know what they are doing.
    We have Doom & Gloom on defense who were both double digits in sacks this year,
    We have Black & Decker (As they call themselves) with each getting 1000 yards this season.
    The run game has been consistent and for the majority we have seemed to overcome our case of the fumbles that plaqued us the first half of the season.

The Ravens have given up a lot of yard in the run game which fits into Denver's plan. Run the ball and take your shots. Another stat in our favor . 3 times a team has played on Sunday and had to come to Denver the next Saturday for a playoff game. All 3 times that team lost. the 77 Steelers, 1991 Oilers, and the 1997 Jags. Once again let's see history repeat itself.

Okay I spewed my stats and I am getting mega stoked for tomorrow's game. Confidence is high, I repeat confidence is high! (Mile high!) I think this team is ready, the only team to beat the Broncos tomorrow, would be the Broncos. We can't turn over the ball or get out of what got us here in the first place. Let's make this game the Ray Lewis Retirement party and send him home.

Win or lose, (Ugh) Good game or bad. Emotions can run high. Please watch what you post and follow the COC. Don't use profanity and don't attack posters if they disagree with you. Contact any of the mods on duty to report a post.

Thanks for reading and participating in these threads and making the board a great place to be!
    GO BRONCOS!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 14 Now in progress.

Thank YOU for these threads, sir.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

GOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

United in ORANGE!

Mile High will be shaking the cameras tomorrow!!!!

Send Ray Ray and his stupid dance to the retirement home, gasping for air!

Gooooooooo Broncos!!!!!
    Last edited by InElwayWeTrust; 01-11-2013 at 07:48 PM.

So excited!

GO BRONCOS!!

Go Broncos!!!!!

2018 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Go Broncos.......UNITED IN ORANGE

Lets go broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go broncoooos!!!!

I CANNOT FREAKING WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!

I'm not sure if I will even be able to sleep tonight! I haven't been this excited for a Broncos game since week one against the Steelers. At the beginning of the week I was super confident about this game, and still am. However, nervousness and anxiousness has taken over and I'm sure by game time tomorrow I will be a nervous wreck. I so wish I was able to attend this game, but I just can't wait to see those cameras shaking.

LET'S GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!

Have the Broncos ever pitched a playoff shutout?

Methinks we have as good a chance as any to do so tomrrow

let's go broncos!!!!
    All in for Siemian!

So, word on the street is that due to the intense cold, the crowd numbers might be smaller than usual. Hope thats not the case.

Now is the time to bring our A game. Go Broncos!

2015, 2016, 2018 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

Fo sho!!!! Broncos baby!!! The fury will be unleashed!!! The pain will be brought!!!! This is our time!!!!
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!