Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    Fox did not get us in the playoffs, he took us out of the next game in probably more than 6 different ways. He needs to be fired, I would bet that anybody on this site would have won the game on their own terms considering were all football freaks. Prater crapping on that kick hurt us, but playing that conservative killed us. We get a first down game over...
    Really?

OK, Bro. Get a designated driver.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by redneckrocker View Post
    Knee jerk reaction. Stop, really, this is the crap that got Shannahan fired and Josh McDoofus in here as head coach. Fox and Elway have turned this team around from its worst to a contender in less that two years.
    Knee Jerk reaction... did you watch the game?

Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    Knee Jerk reaction... did you watch the game?
    Yes. We watched the one game. Basing opinions off of one game is a knee-jerk reaction.

The run play on 3rd and 5 with Jacob Hester was pretty disgusting too

What hurts is that Manning will get grief for another playoff failure... And I think that will be undeserved. Sure, his OT interception was terrible but that was it... Should not have ever come to that anyway.

His 1st interception was a mugging on Decker. His fumble came after a bogus holding call on Kuper on a 3rd and 1. Denver had a 1st down... In BAL territory... Then comes the flag. When do you ever see a holding on a short yardage dive play? Oh, not 1 holding called on Ravens OL. So, instead of 1st down, it is now 3rd and 11... Here comes pressure... Fumble.

Prater misses a FG.

Fox settles on punting and giving BAL a chance to tie with 69 seconds, even though they scored easily on 3 plays at end of first half when they were left with a mere 79 seconds.

Moore has easy pick... Blows play.

So, now comes OT. Manning finally makes bad play... Yet now his legacy will be called into question, his playoff woes continue.

O, it didn't help it was coldest day in Denver playoff history

Well I have been quite all week and made it a point not to get too cocky because I knew this could go either way. That being said I have to vent now a little bit because honestly I can not believe how this turned out.

There are several things that stuck out to me.

First I would like to know how much the refs were getting paid to extend Lewis' career? The missed calls in this game were pathetic and some of the calls made were just absolutely horrible like the phantom holding call on Kuper because his man fell down. Miller & Doom getting hog tied every other play and not a single dang call. Missed PI calls that lead to multiple scores for the other team. The list is long so I will stop but I sure hope that the Broncos are on the phone to the league after reviewing the tape. These refs should be fired and never allowed to officiate another game.

Now for how we played;

Our Special teams with the exception of the blown FG were absolutely awesome. What else can you say about how they came to play the game today.

The offense gave the team 21 points plus the 14 points special teams gave us should have been enough for a playoff caliber team to win a game.

The offense really sputtered after the middle of the third period. It appeared to me like we were trying to run out the clock with a 7 point lead half way through the third. I don't know who was responsible for calling the game (Manning or McCoy) but it was horrible.

They obviously forgot how we got here in the first place. Hint, it wasn't by our 17th ranked running offense. Oh, and if they hadn't noticed our best two running backs were not playing so lets run the ball and not let Manning pass. If Manning was changing the plays to running plays then he should be fired for not wanting to take this team and the bull by the horns.

I am so disappointed in our defense because they let us down BIG time today. They obviously didn't learn a damn thing watching the Ravens beat the Colts. Ravens only offensive plays in both games were hail Mary passes and our safeties are no where to be seen.

We got absolutely no pressure on Flacco. I do not know who to blame on the defense because the entire game we could not even slow them down and then we gave up 3 huge TD passes and were inches away from giving up a 4th.

Our defense got schooled today and everyone on the field is to be blamed. Our secondary was like a sieve, our pass rush was pathetic. About the only thing they did half well was kind of stop the run or should I say, slow it down a little.

We will definitely have some work to do in the off season.

Okay, rant over. Here's to next year being better.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by OPP View Post
    Manning said that was an audible. Guess he saw something that wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Springs View Post
    Manning said that was an audible. Guess he saw something that wasn't there.
    We should never run the ball on 3rd and 5 with Jacob Hester... I don't know what Manning what thinking about, horrible play.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    What hurts is that Manning will get grief for another playoff failure... And I think that will be undeserved. Sure, his OT interception was terrible but that was it... Should not have ever come to that anyway.

His 1st interception was a mugging on Decker. His fumble came after a bogus holding call on Kuper on a 3rd and 1. Denver had a 1st down... In BAL territory... Then comes the flag. When do you ever see a holding on a short yardage dive play? Oh, not 1 holding called on Ravens OL. So, instead of 1st down, it is now 3rd and 11... Here comes pressure... Fumble.

Prater misses a FG.

Fox settles on punting and giving BAL a chance to tie with 69 seconds, even though they scored easily on 3 plays at end of first half when they were left with a mere 79 seconds.

Moore has easy pick... Blows play.

So, now comes OT. Manning finally makes bad play... Yet now his legacy will be called into question, his playoff woes continue.

O, it didn't help it was coldest day in Denver playoff history
    Dude there is no winning this battle cause everyone wants to put it on manning.

I've said time n time again that playoffs is when the whole TEAM needs to play their best football...the broncos didn't on offense or defense. Don't blame it all on Peyton man.

We should never run the ball on 3rd and 5 with Jacob Hester... I don't know what Manning what thinking about, horrible play.
    Agreed. I haven't seen such a unproductive running back since Lance Ball but even Lance would have produced something! Get rid of Hester.

I'm in no way denying his ot interception. Honestly though it should've never came down to that had the defense not blown coverage on that game tying touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by SWICH17 View Post
    While there are many to blame the single play blame goes to Rahim Moore!!!!!
    You cannot dump this loss on Rahim Moore, he should've never been put in this position, too many mistakes were made throughout the whole game. There is plenty of blame to go around for all.
    Sig designed by Freyaka
    2014 Adopt-a-Bronco - Juwan Thompson....BELIEVE, It's Mile High Magic!

Haha, yeah, that had me stumped.

Ravens "Illegal" Practice FG in OT?

Ever see a practice field goal taken on the field and not on the sidelines?

The Baltimore Ravens beat the Denver Broncos in the NFL playoffs on Saturday 38-35 on a 47-yard field goal by Justin Tucker in double overtime. An interception by Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning gave the Ravens great field position, and they didnít squander it.

But they may have broken an NFL rule on their way to the win.

more...

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar..._goal/12644932