Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    1996 and its not even close. But none of them will ever top the 55-10 loss to the 49ers in Super Bowl XXIV. I'll never get over that one.
    Last edited by KoolBreeze; 01-12-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

The 96 loss by far. The Ravens team we lost to tonight was incredible. 96 Jags.....notsomuch.

Echoing what everyone in this thread said...Jacksonville.
    Only winners get wings.

I don't remember the Jags loss that much, i'll say this one.

Might be our best shot to win a SB with Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I don't remember the Jags loss that much, i'll say this one.

Might be our best shot to win a SB with Manning.
    FOUR MORE YEARS (of Manning)!
    FOUR MORE YEARS (of Manning)!
    Only winners get wings.

Jacksonville by far, we had to wait another year to win our first superbowl.

Our loss to the Steelers in the AFCCG in '05 felt worse to me too, even though it wasn't one and done.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

'96 loss to the Jags... I was thinking of the 96 loss in the second half of today's game. Heavily favorite 13-3 team, home field advantage, lots of weapons on offense, huge points favorite. Booming shocker today, brought back those 96 sad memories.
    Definition of Insanity, same thing over & over, expecting different results.

96 for sure......

96 loss for sure. This is going to be a long off season. This team will either come back hungry like the 97 and 98 team or they are gonna fold like the year after the loss at home to the Steelers.
    Wanna play a game?? Check it out at milehighhitman7.webs.com

'96 also...it was the only time I recall a player taking a loss to heart like that. Elway literally secluded himself for a period of time after that game, which was exactly what I wanted to do. I remember not wanting to consume football related anything for a month.

This one also really sucked, but I dont have as much invested in Peyton as I did in Elway in '96. Maybe thats why it doesn't have the same excruciating quality as that 96 loss.
    "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

I told anyone who would listen tonight that this was 1996 all over again (except for the Ravens weren't as bad as the Jags were that year). I see two straight SB's and a Manning retirement afterward in our future!
    Posters adopted: Fargo, Atwater, Jake N Bake, Biggregb, McSmashie and Peanut!

This hurts even more. The officials helped the Ravens. The Jags deserved to win that game because they truly outplayed Denver.

96 and 05 were worse. No one expected us to make it this far. Then when they did, a lot of people expected them to be one and done, and they were right.

THINK about 1996! They would have THREEPEATED if they could have won that game, beat an average New England team, and somehow found a way to beat a better Packer team.

That was the game that almost sent Elway into retirement, only being talked out of it by his family.
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by Trench777 View Post
    '96 also...it was the only time I recall a player taking a loss to heart like that. Elway literally secluded himself for a period of time after that game, which was exactly what I wanted to do. I remember not wanting to consume football related anything for a month.

This one also really sucked, but I dont have as much invested in Peyton as I did in Elway in '96. Maybe thats why it doesn't have the same excruciating quality as that 96 loss.
    Yes.. this. I like Manning and was very excited about the team this year but, Elway is John Elway.. the attachment I had for him and wanting him to get that SB is very far beyond my feelings for Manning. In some ways to me Peyton is just a hired gun.

I didn't know Elway secluded himself after that game. Interesting. 16 years later and I find that out. Yeah that was a really, really bad loss.
    My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Quote Originally Posted by bhmfje80 View Post
    Which one hurts worse? Maybe it's cause it's fresh, but this one stings pretty bad.
    This one, because we had it in the last minute. The Jags took the lead in the 3rd before anybody thought it was for real.