Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    He's a sellout. Don't go to a team in the same division as the team that made you successful. I know it's a business but have some loyalty.

Good. I never liked him. Going to a division rival is a bonus.

The Bolts arenít officially confirming it on their website yet, but all our local news sources are reporting it as well.

If it is indeed Mike McCoy, then Iím underwhelmed with this choice, but cautiously optimistic. One thing is for certain, it is highly unlikely that he will be worse than Norv Turner, who simply is not or has ever been a leader of men.

One bit of info that troubles me is that the team admitted that they intended top hire a coach this week no matter what, and that had the Broncos won on Saturday, then McCoy would not be our next coach. Unless he is the guy they wanted all along (which I seriously doubt) then this strikes me as a rushed, panic move and those rarely work out well, Josh McDaniels & Todd Haley are 2 recent examples of that in the AFC West.

As for all the posters who are insinuating that McCoy (or Allen) are somehow disloyal for accepting promotions simply because they were offered by divisional rivals, thatís silly. There are only so many jobs available in the NFL, few as a player and even fewer as a coach. Blaming a guy for accepting 1 of only 32 such jobs in this World is asinine, about as naÔve as faulting a player who spends his childhood rooting for one team, but grows up and fulfills his lifelong dream of becoming a professional athlete on another.
    ďIím your huckleberry!Ē

It kinda pisses me off that Oak has our former DC and SD has our former OC

Good for McCoy glad he got a offer that he thought was worth it.

Now he can take his horrible 1st half scoring ways to the Chargers and we can dominate them with our defense when they get behind
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by BVP View Post
    He's a sellout. Don't go to a team in the same division as the team that made you successful. I know it's a business but have some loyalty.
    tell me you wouldn't do it. He already knows the competition. It's a weak division. He has good talent already to work with. SD is a great place to live. his other option is the Cards. Tell me again you wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    tell me you wouldn't do it. He already knows the competition. It's a weak division. He has good talent already to work with. SD is a great place to live. his other option is the Cards. Tell me again you wouldn't do it.
    Lets see.. Move to a beautiful place with nice beaches and babes.. Work with Rivers and a very talented group of players....

Or move to Arizona.... Work in Arizona...

I'd have done the same thing.. I mean in all I would have pushed harder for a job outside the divison.. but I wont be kicking in screaming if I land a job like SD has to offer..

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Exactly....I would think the talent on the team would have been the biggest factor.

I would much rather go to a team with Rivers than any other team in search of a coach.

Should the man do what's best for the Denver Broncos, or what's best for his family?

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Exactly....I would think the talent on the team would have been the biggest factor.

I would much rather go to a team with Rivers than any other team in search of a coach.

Should the man do what's best for the Denver Broncos, or what's best for his family?
    He makes plenty enough as is. I'm sure his family is fine

thats just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Dominance View Post
    The Bolts aren’t officially confirming it on their website yet, but all our local news sources are reporting it as well.

If it is indeed Mike McCoy, then I’m underwhelmed with this choice, but cautiously optimistic. One thing is for certain, it is highly unlikely that he will be worse than Norv Turner, who simply is not or has ever been a leader of men.

One bit of info that troubles me is that the team admitted that they intended top hire a coach this week no matter what, and that had the Broncos won on Saturday, then McCoy would not be our next coach. Unless he is the guy they wanted all along (which I seriously doubt) then this strikes me as a rushed, panic move and those rarely work out well, Josh McDaniels & Todd Haley are 2 recent examples of that in the AFC West.

As for all the posters who are insinuating that McCoy (or Allen) are somehow disloyal for accepting promotions simply because they were offered by divisional rivals, that’s silly. There are only so many jobs available in the NFL, few as a player and even fewer as a coach. Blaming a guy for accepting 1 of only 32 such jobs in this World is asinine, about as naÔve as faulting a player who spends his childhood rooting for one team, but grows up and fulfills his lifelong dream of becoming a professional athlete on another.
    I know right.....

oh well long live norv turner....you will forever be the chargers coach in the hearts of the broncos...

The amount of criticism and cynicism in this thread is kind of remarkable. Let alone the lack of overall football knowledge and factual evidence to support the vast majority of hatred thrown his way, makes it all the more childish to wish ill will up someone. Mccoy was a top 1/3 OC and he has the track record to show for it. I wish him all the luck in the world as a HC but hope we continue to beat SD. Congrats on finally living the dream Mccoy. Hope we get a great replacement.
    Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
    Supporting this staff!
    Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

I like all smack twords norv. do bronco fans forget he basicly owned us from 2006 to 2011?

Good for him. I never liked him and found him to be way overrated as playcaller. Honestly we are better off without him. Hopefully we can land Tom Moore that would be huge upgrade for us.

Is Norv still available, or did he sign on someplace. Can't remember. I love if we went after him or Wisenhunt.

I would like to see Studesville get promoted to OC. I really liked him when he was interim head coach.

No thanks. We need someone for dynamic and fresh