Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66
    NHL apparently moving ahead with a big chunk of contractual/conclusion of play agreement in principle. Toronto and Edmonton set to be the 2 hub cities. It's pretty clear that, among other key factors, covid management was instrumental in the end choices.

Looks like a beginning of August return to real games!!

Yesssssssssssssssssss......The NHL is ready to get going with the ratification of a 4 year extension to The Collective Bargaining Agreement and return to play plan, which sets the stage for games to commence on August 1st. Two Canadian cities - Toronto and Edmonton, will host the remainder of the year including playoffs.

We got hockey (unless something whacky happens)!

I've waited four freaking moths to say this...but....finally, IT'S A HOCKEY NIGHT IN PITTSBURGH!!!! Thank god!

2020 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
    Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Matt DiBenedetto & Tony Stewart!
    US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Quote Originally Posted by taz1458 View Post
    I've waited four freaking moths to say this...but....finally, IT'S A HOCKEY NIGHT IN PITTSBURGH!!!! Thank god!
    Can't wait!!! I like the way The NHL is handling things. I have a lot of confidence in them to get this right, though one never knows in these times.

I guess you know, but the losers of the pre playoff series have a 1 in 8 chance of drafting the #1 pick in the draft. Pretty good consolation prize for that team!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Can't wait!!! I like the way The NHL is handling things. I have a lot of confidence in them to get this right, though one never knows in these times.

I guess you know, but the losers of the pre playoff series have a 1 in 8 chance of drafting the #1 pick in the draft. Pretty good consolation prize for that team!!
    I'm with ya there. I would hate to be a player right now though, being trapped in the hotel. Has to be tough. Yes, I did know about the draft deal. Pretty cool idea. I hope the Pens don't lose to get there regardless lol

2020 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
    Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Matt DiBenedetto & Tony Stewart!
    US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Quote Originally Posted by taz1458 View Post
    I'm with ya there. I would hate to be a player right now though, being trapped in the hotel. Has to be tough. Yes, I did know about the draft deal. Pretty cool idea. I hope the Pens don't lose to get there regardless lol
    As long as Sid's ok, you should get through the prelims. The only problem with this break in time is that momentum is not a given, not to mention that a hot goalie could mess it up for any opposing team.

I see there was at least one fight in NHL preseason yesterday, between Boychuk and Lemieux. Nothing like hockey and 2 negative tested Canadians to get right back into the game, as they know how to play it!

Here we go, meaningful hockey is back!!!

The hockey is pretty good already! I believe these men have stayed in good shape and are skating at a solid level. Might need a few games to get their hands working at a more consistent level, and need a little time to work on various aspects of the game, but overall it's great!

My Jets are in trouble, potentially losing Scheifele for a while. Figures Tkachuk would be involved, though I did not see it as an illegal hit, rather an accident. BUT, the play was odd, and the way his skate lifted just before the boards could be questionable. It's a shame though, if Mark is gone, or worse, is hurt long term.

But as expected, some surprising results in game ones...I still think that underdogs could advance further than predicted, given the long layoffs.

Bye bye Jets. Tough way to go, 4 games and it's back to waiting again for a new season. Not going to make many excuses, though it was quite a burden losing Scheifele and Laine in game one. Good luck Calgary!

The only good news....we have a 1 in 8 chance of winning the #1 draft pick!!

To anyone watching the playoffs, this is really good hockey! And sometimes when I am not looking directly at the tv and hear the fan sounds, and music, it makes me forget that we are fan free.

The other thing that is noticeable is the noise from the players, like when they score. You can hear them celebrate more clearly, and in a raw way, it is true competitive spirit within the rink.

I know McDavid is considered the best player in the world, but Nathan MacKinnon is truly the best player in the world right now. He has 25 points in 14 games in this tournament. And between the regular season and this tournament has 118 points in 83 games this year.

Insane that the Avalanche have him for 3 more season at $6.3 million per season. That's the best team contract in the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I know McDavid is considered the best player in the world, but Nathan MacKinnon is truly the best player in the world right now. He has 25 points in 14 games in this tournament. And between the regular season and this tournament has 118 points in 83 games this year.

Insane that the Avalanche have him for 3 more season at $6.3 million per season. That's the best team contract in the NHL.
    MacKinnon is incredible! So is McDavid.

I remember last year's playoffs, and we were sitting around at a family gathering. I asked, "who's the best player in hockey right now?" And we agreed without hesitation that it was MacKinnon, at least during those playoffs. So, his play continues to exemplify one of the very best players in hockey. Arguably #1.

What's everyone's take on the Stanley Cup final?

I lean towards Tampa, partly because I want them to win, and partly because they have been a quality team for several years. It may come down to goaltending, but if Brayden Point and Kucherov are solid, and Hedman stays in a zone like he has been, this team will be hard to beat. After last year's disaster in the playoffs, they are as motivated as any, and as good as any.