Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64
    I hate hockey....GOD DAMN

Being a habs fan is like being a...cowboys/chiefs fan...Regular season warriors, heartbreaking playoffs performance

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

As much as I dislike Edmonton and the Oilers, I have to say big shout out to the Oilers fans at Rogers Place last night, watching them sing both national anthems as a crowd was pretty incredible. Well done Edmonton!....Now go get your shine box...
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

It is a shame that Crosby has another concussion. Washington should probably be all but out of the series, barely getting by Toronto.

I am tired of Ovechkin hacking players, as I am the fact that the league has closed its eyes towards this form of interference. Gaudreau was hacked over 20 times before having his finger broken in Minnesota. It is getting uglier all the time, but the refs look the other way. But Ovechkin is getting carried away with it, and it caused Crosby to lose balance and ultimately get cross checked. That is another story.

I am on The Ovie trail. When Nadri of The leafs made a perfect body check on Ovechkin, folks went nuts. He hit him near the hip, and in the old days, you would be praised for the body check. But poor Ovie got laid out for a period, and came back with vengeance.

Hey Ovie, you are not a big winner when it matters, and you are no Crosby.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    It is a shame that Crosby has another concussion. Washington should probably be all but out of the series, barely getting by Toronto.

I am tired of Ovechkin hacking players, as I am the fact that the league has closed its eyes towards this form of interference. Gaudreau was hacked over 20 times before having his finger broken in Minnesota. It is getting uglier all the time, but the refs look the other way. But Ovechkin is getting carried away with it, and it caused Crosby to lose balance and ultimately get cross checked. That is another story.

I am on The Ovie trail. When Nadri of The leafs made a perfect body check on Ovechkin, folks went nuts. He hit him near the hip, and in the old days, you would be praised for the body check. But poor Ovie got laid out for a period, and came back with vengeance.

Hey Ovie, you are not a big winner when it matters, and you are no Crosby.
    To be fair, Crosby is known for his slashing as well, he shattered the finger of an Ottawa player hacking at him. So it's a league wide problem. I'd like to see them crack down on it, but the league has to the willpower to call it, all the time, regardless of who it is, and keep calling it until behaviour changes. And they should also start suspending for it.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    To be fair, Crosby is known for his slashing as well, he shattered the finger of an Ottawa player hacking at him. So it's a league wide problem. I'd like to see them crack down on it, but the league has to the willpower to call it, all the time, regardless of who it is, and keep calling it until behaviour changes. And they should also start suspending for it.
    I agree, Crosby is not an angel, but given all the years he has been attacked, especially the early years when players were not worried about the consequence of their actions - as Crosby did not have a Semenko type on his wing, I do not blame him for becoming the sometimes aggressive player that he has.

But just like in football where the QBs need some protection, given their value, I think the NHL should be concerned that its superstars be under too much aggression. Not a good thing for the best to be on the sidelines. And given Crosby's history, I kind of hope other players have some respect for his head area.

As for Ovechkin, he seems to be a very intentioned hacker. And as for the league, time to change the rules. It is way off the charts when it comes to illegality.

Hey bud, are you a big Edmonton fan? Sorry if so, that comeback last night was crazy! I don't think I've ever seen a 3 goal comeback in the last few minutes of a game. Of course, the 3rd one was debatable. The loss however could be a killer in this year's playoffs.

Rooting for the Pens again since the Avs were so awful.

But man the Preds seem like a team of destiny this year.

Preds in the finals is awesome !

Go get that cup pk !

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    Preds in the finals is awesome !

Go get that cup pk !
    That was quite a game! To be honest, I think Anaheim carried the play......but it's the team with the most goals, right?

Good for PK! I did not expect Nashville to go this far, and now, minus Johansen and Fisher, and probably beaten up as much as a team can be. The playoffs this year are brutal that way!

I still think The Pens have the best shot, but they still have to beat Ottawa. But they too are banged up. The NHL playoffs are always a war of attrition, and goaltending.

What a game last night! I was pulling for The Pens but I knew that if Anderson was hot, it would be a tight game. Not to mention, Karlsson is a dynamo on D!

Double OT and end to end action! Almost thought Ottawa would win, because The Pens kept missing great opportunities!

So here we go.....the final....Pittsburgh vs Nashville. Survival of the fittest!

I got Pens in 7 but I could see Preds stealing a road game and winning in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I got Pens in 7 but I could see Preds stealing a road game and winning in 6.
    Some typical themes:
    1) Survival.....most of the players remaining are probably hurting. The Pens are getting a bit healthier, which is critical because a couple of weeks ago they were almost cooked. The Preds are not as loaded up front, and could use Johansen, but have the better D.
    2) Goaltending.....such a major factor in hockey playoffs (by the way, Rinne is hot, but The Pens have 2 good goalies who can back one another)
    3) Experience.....The Pens have the edge here

I am going with The Pens in 6. Nashville has proven to be a tough team to manage, but I really thought they got outplayed in game 6 against Anaheim, as Rinne saved them. Hey, it happens. But I give Pitt the edge because of their star power, their experience, 2 quality goalies, and the return of some of the pieces.