Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Not sure if he's the next crosby.. but he is the best prospect to come out SINCE Crosby... no one in any draft has been near as good.

He is by far the best prospect of the draft.

So glad the leafs aren't totally bad because I want him no where near my division.. and in no way playing for one of our dreaded rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    Not sure if he's the next crosby.. but he is the best prospect to come out SINCE Crosby... no one in any draft has been near as good.

So glad the leafs aren't totally bad because I want him no where near my division.. and in no way playing for one of our dreaded rivals.
    Landeskog

LANDY LANDY LANDY LANDY LANDY

EVER HEARD OF LANDESKOG!?!??!?!?!?!?!

He's good.

Kthnxbia sleep time.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

Well we won again, so we're temporarily out of the Mac/Jones race. Did you see our guy Kane miss the empty net on the high side?? They could have tied us after that?? Evander's a great talent but sometimes...

Hey bud......you really think Mac is a better prospect than Jones? We'd love him, because we're short on O. Then again, we're better than that (picking so low), at least I think so. This Drouin kid looks like another star in the making.

Tis true, Poor columbus!
    and lol@ the caps..
    Not sure if we have any Columbus fans here, but I get a strong feeling that they will be in the draft lottery for a couple more years.....minimum. I hate to say it, but I doubt anyone wants to go there. Used to be that few guys wanted to come here, but over time our rep has improved. When asked about this city, Selanne's wife gave it a big thumbs up.

As for Columbus.....seems to be a real management problem in terms of putting a solid roster on the ice. Not sure however of their 1st pick has recovered from injury yet. Then again, he's a young Dman, and would not make a huge impact just yet.

One more thing......can you folks believe we're basically 1/3 through the season! Talk about a sprint this year! It's painfully obvious how short it is, when a guy gets a lengthy but not normally season-ending injury, and is essentially done.....I guess that would translate to season-ending after all.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    One more thing......can you folks believe we're basically 1/3 through the season! Talk about a sprint this year! It's painfully obvious how short it is, when a guy gets a lengthy but not normally season-ending injury, and is essentially done.....I guess that would translate to season-ending after all.
    The short season upsets me. The NHL passed NFL as my favorite sport to watch, it sucks that I can't enjoy all the games until next season. I don't have enough hockey, and it doesn't help that during the short season your team is playing like crap and pretty much suck.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    The short season upsets me. The NHL passed NFL as my favorite sport to watch, it sucks that I can't enjoy all the games until next season. I don't have enough hockey, and it doesn't help that during the short season your team is playing like crap and pretty much suck.
    It's a shame we lost such a huge chunk of the season over negotiations. And I am certainly Not bringing this up to be discussed again, given the sports world talked about it for at least 4 months, day after flippin day!

But it does taint the season.......(ha ha) unless my team wins!!! 48 games is hardly a season, not to mention the teams had very little time to prepare, which means we saw a poor quality of play for the first week or two.

Hockey is a great game.......expecially when it's end to end, and few stoppages. Few sports can deliver that continuous action, when it's right. Having played hockey since I was a kid, whether it be on the ice or street hockey, and watching Hockey Night In Canada since the 50s, the love affair has never died......but a hastily put together 48 game season is unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    It's a shame we lost such a huge chunk of the season over negotiations. And I am certainly Not bringing this up to be discussed again, given the sports world talked about it for at least 4 months, day after flippin day!

But it does taint the season.......(ha ha) unless my team wins!!! 48 games is hardly a season, not to mention the teams had very little time to prepare, which means we saw a poor quality of play for the first week or two.

Hockey is a great game.......expecially when it's end to end, and few stoppages. Few sports can deliver that continuous action, when it's right. Having played hockey since I was a kid, whether it be on the ice or street hockey, and watching Hockey Night In Canada since the 50s, the love affair has never died......but a hastily put together 48 game season is unfortunate.
    I hear you. But I'm not even gonna use the shortened season as an excuse for the Red Wings play. They suck right now and are looking like they will miss the playoffs for the first time in 21 years. Sure they and everyone else didn't get a lot of time to prepare. But Detroit didn't have a back-up plan to their back-up plan. The back-up plan when Lidstrom retired was to sign Suter or Praise. We got neither, Detroit didn't have a plan in place if they couldn't get either. Then Tomas retired, they was no back-up plan other than signing old vets that wouldn't start on other team and move Franzen into the position of screening the goalie. Yeah the season is tainted, but the product on Ice from some teams is the team itself fault.

That's why I like hockey, it seems like even with a stupid commish, the game on Ice is still the same. Stupid rules and blown calls aren't often. You really can't use the "It's the refs fault" excuse because they generally let them play until a completely obvious penalty needs to be called. It's always entertaining, even 0-0 3rd period games that end in shootouts are entertaining. Baseball nobody wants to watch a 0-0 game.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    I hear you. But I'm not even gonna use the shortened season as an excuse for the Red Wings play. They suck right now and are looking like they will miss the playoffs for the first time in 21 years. Sure they and everyone else didn't get a lot of time to prepare. But Detroit didn't have a back-up plan to their back-up plan. The back-up plan when Lidstrom retired was to sign Suter or Praise. We got neither, Detroit didn't have a plan in place if they couldn't get either. Then Tomas retired, they was no back-up plan other than signing old vets that wouldn't start on other team and move Franzen into the position of screening the goalie. Yeah the season is tainted, but the product on Ice from some teams is the team itself fault.

That's why I like hockey, it seems like even with a stupid commish, the game on Ice is still the same. Stupid rules and blown calls aren't often. You really can't use the "It's the refs fault" excuse because they generally let them play until a completely obvious penalty needs to be called. It's always entertaining, even 0-0 3rd period games that end in shootouts are entertaining. Baseball nobody wants to watch a 0-0 game.
    Over the years I have been a Red Wings fan, especially when we lost our team. They typically made a key move whenever they lost someone important. But as you say, they didn't land one of those players this year, and it is tough losing the vets you lost.

Then again, watching Datsyuk is worth the price of admission!

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    I can definitely call out the refs a little bit. I guess it's not all their fault though. The new boarding rules and some of the other little things are a joke. If a guy goes into the wall you have to let him go or they're going to call boarding. The Pens had something like 14 penalties against the NJD a week or so back and before that I don't think they had more than 4 in a game. It's definitely not as bad as football, but there's no consistant officiating anywhere in sports.

Wings don't look very good today
    I <3 Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    I can definitely call out the refs a little bit. I guess it's not all their fault though. The new boarding rules and some of the other little things are a joke. If a guy goes into the wall you have to let him go or they're going to call boarding. The Pens had something like 14 penalties against the NJD a week or so back and before that I don't think they had more than 4 in a game. It's definitely not as bad as football, but there's no consistant officiating anywhere in sports.

Wait, you think NFL officiating in general is bad? Hockey's is better?

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    Wait, you think NFL officiating in general is bad? Hockey's is better?
    Yes, the only thing consistant about NFL officiating is that it decides games.
    I <3 Andy Janovich

Yes, the only thing consistant about NFL officiating is that it decides games.
    Hmmm. Weird. I think NFL has the best officiating out of any major sport. (Not that they are actually that good, but in comparison)

From worst to best, IMO:

NBA
    MLB
    NHL/NFL

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    Hmmm. Weird. I think NFL has the best officiating out of any major sport. (Not that they are actually that good, but in comparison)

From worst to best, IMO:

NBA
    MLB
    NHL/NFL
    I don't really watch much basketball and I don't follow baseball at all, so I guess I don't have a fair comparison.

Lindy Ruff let go by Buffalo, long time coming.
    I <3 Andy Janovich

They suck, no surprise.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders