Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    So bud, which forward would Detroit offer for Myers now? We need a top 9 forward....prefer a top 6 of course.
    I think they're off the Myers wagon. Babcock is torn between trading for a rental vet and bringing up a defenseman from Grand Rapids. The only reason Detroit even wants a defenseman besides never getting Lidstrom's replacement, is because all of our dmen are lefties.

Who could they offer in a trade is unknown. They've made it clear Mantha, Larkin, Tatar, and Nyquist are untradeable. Maybe Jurco, but i think they are more interested in dumping some of the dmen like Ericcson, Smith, or Kindl.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    I think they're off the Myers wagon. Babcock is torn between trading for a rental vet and bringing up a defenseman from Grand Rapids. The only reason Detroit even wants a defenseman besides never getting Lidstrom's replacement, is because all of our dmen are lefties.

Who could they offer in a trade is unknown. They've made it clear Mantha, Larkin, Tatar, and Nyquist are untradeable. Maybe Jurco, but i think they are more interested in dumping some of the dmen like Ericcson, Smith, or Kindl.
    OK then, deal's off!!

Big trade yesterday! yikes.

My habs are doing well this year

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post

Carey Price is amazing! Good team overall....

I think it was a good trade for both team

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post

yet we still loose vs the oilers and buffalo....haha

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Tough last 2 games. Defense fell apart against the Jets, great game. Habs didn't give Howie a chance to breathe and capitalized on the defenses mistakes, again another good game.

The likely AHL MVP has been called up to help boost the offense. But we still need a right handed defenseman.

Trade deadline approaches. Lots of deals done already, which may make tomorrow less significant (as the deadline for trades).

My Jets hopefully will make one more deal, to acquire another forward. We have lots of Dmen, so one more decent forward might do the trick. If all goes well, we could go deep.....once we make the playoffs of course.

Interesting that Vermette signed with Chicago, who badly needed him given Kane is out.

I expect Calgary to get a Dman if Giordano is out for a while.

Sometimes not making a deal is the right thing to do. If you are clicking as a unit, sometimes a change can mess with the chemistry.

I wonder if anyone will have the nerve to make a move on Kessel or Phaneuf? More likely offseason maneuvers. But boy, The Leafs suck again this year!

We're in the final leg, and most games will be playoff like. So fun!

Trade deadline approaches. Lots of deals done already, which may make tomorrow less significant (as the deadline for trades).

My Jets hopefully will make one more deal, to acquire another forward. We have lots of Dmen, so one more decent forward might do the trick. If all goes well, we could go deep.....once we make the playoffs of course.

Interesting that Vermette signed with Chicago, who badly needed him given Kane is out.

Sometimes not making a deal is the right thing to do. If you are clicking as a unit, sometimes a change can mess with the chemistry.

I wonder if anyone will have the nerve to make a move on Kessel or Phaneuf? More likely offseason maneuvers. But boy, The Leafs suck again this year!

The buzz around Detroit is that Ken Holland and Babcock aren't sure what to do right now. The Red Wings aren't perfect, but it's noticeable when everything clicks, they are a hard team to face.

We're still in serious need for a right handed D-Man, but we don't wanna take on a big contract because of who we have to pay at seasons end. With that we gotta find a team that'd give a good consistent right handed D-Man for Jakub Kindl and/or Brendan Smith. I like Kindl, seeing him on enough team would suck, just like it sucks seeing Jiri Hudler on another team and sucks seeing Valterri Fippula on Tampa. But if Jakub has to go to make us better, then I'm all for a trade.

Red Wings are kinda in a situation. Ever since Howard got back, the team has been struggling. Frankly I think he should be traded. Re-sign The Monster and move up Mrazek. Won't happen though, Babcock and Holland still beleive Howie could be the same Jimmy Howard he was a few years ago. So Gus will likely hit the free agent market, even though he's a better option.

There are rumors we are interested in Patrick Sharp. I'm not sure what we'd have to give up, and though he's a good player. We have good wingers, so someone would be on the short end. Probably Jurco or Drew Miller.
    Last edited by InsaneBlaze23; 03-01-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Mannnnn price is goooooood.

also we play so much better against good teams.. it's weird.

two points out and one game up on first league wide.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    The buzz around Detroit is that Ken Holland and Babcock aren't sure what to do right now. The Red Wings aren't perfect, but it's noticeable when everything clicks, they are a hard team to face.

We're still in serious need for a right handed D-Man, but we don't wanna take on a big contract because of who we have to pay at seasons end. With that we gotta find a team that'd give a good consistent right handed D-Man for Jakub Kindl and/or Brendan Smith. I like Kindl, seeing him on enough team would suck, just like it sucks seeing Jiri Hudler on another team and sucks seeing Valterri Fippula on Tampa. But if Jakub has to go to make us better, then I'm all for a trade.

Red Wings are kinda in a situation. Ever since Howard got back, the team has been struggling. Frankly I think he should be traded. Re-sign The Monster and move up Mrazek. Won't happen though, Babcock and Holland still beleive Howie could be the same Jimmy Howard he was a few years ago. So Gus will likely hit the free agent market, even though he's a better option.

There are rumors we are interested in Patrick Sharp. I'm not sure what we'd have to give up, and though he's a good player. We have good wingers, so someone would be on the short end. Probably Jurco or Drew Miller.
    You got Cole......what do you say? He's a nice add if you ask me. Plays hard and can score. As for Sharp, I hear he's not going anywhere, as he was not asked for the top 10 teams he'd go to (in time for a trade).

Lots of trades going down today. Yandle to The Rangers.....pretty big deal. Arizona is stocking up for the future.

My Jets even added another forward - Lee Stempniak. We got him for an AHLer. It's an upgrade (for this season only, probably). I'm liking the additions to our team, including Myers and Stafford, who both scored in our win over LA. I like Tlusty and Stempniak should fill one more small void, and give us some depth. The playoffs look brighter every day.

I'm not sure that will happen, they're playing with house money this year and the management seems to want to stick to the plan, which I think is the best bet. The Kings losing last night moved the Flames back into a playoff spot, it'll be tough to make it but don't risk future assets and many years of playoffs for one year.

Gio was put on injured reserve but that's retroactive so he's eligible to come back Thursday and with him taking the warmup the other night, taking shots and being in the press box without wearing any sort of sling, I'm hopeful that things are short term and he'll be back sooner rather than later.

BTW if the playoffs started today the Flames would play the Canucks, the last 3 times these teams have played in the playoffs it's gone to overtime in game 7 every time (double OT twice) and the team winning the series has gone on to the Stanley Cup Final all 3 times.

Go Flames!

You got Cole......what do you say? He's a nice add if you ask me. Plays hard and can score. As for Sharp, I hear he's not going anywhere, as he was not asked for the top 10 teams he'd go to (in time for a trade).

Lots of trades going down today. Yandle to The Rangers.....pretty big deal. Arizona is stocking up for the future.

My Jets even added another forward - Lee Stempniak. We got him for an AHLer. It's an upgrade (for this season only, probably). I'm liking the additions to our team, including Myers and Stafford, who both scored in our win over LA. I like Tlusty and Stempniak should fill one more small void, and give us some depth. The playoffs look brighter every day.
    I hope the Jets make the playoffs, that fanbase definitely deserves it, and it would be amazing watching the scenes from Winnipeg as the fans support their team, the entire city would be into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I hope the Jets make the playoffs, that fanbase definitely deserves it, and it would be amazing watching the scenes from Winnipeg as the fans support their team, the entire city would be into it.
    Thx bud! And I think you are right, this town will be on fire if we make the playoffs. It would be the first visit since the NHL returned to the 'peg, and the first playoff experience since 1996.

Be prepared for a "white out" or a "blue out" like never before!!!

Jim Treliving (Flames GM) just announced that Gio is out for the season with a torn bicep tendon, he's flown back to Calgary to have surgery as soon as possible. Hopefully I'm wrong but I think that's it for the Flames this season.