Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Mike Babcock is officially no longer the Wings head coach. From what I've seen fans are mixed, some are insulting the front office for not offering him a big contract. Others like myself are glad he's gone.

We haven't been to the Cup final since 2009 lost against the flightless bird. We've been a one and done team every season since, choking away leads, choking away series.

There is no reason a team with the talent Detroit has, should have such playoff failure. Don't get me wrong, Babs is a good coach and I'm grateful for his time in the D. But it's one of those things where a change needed to happen. Babs no longer has the IT that this team needs to light a fire in them.

I hope Tony Granato is strongly considered for his replacement. He did a great job with the team's defense.

It's reported that Babs will coach Toronto....good luck with that.
    hey he did a hell of a job on det, 22 years of playoffs in a row is amazing...

Now if toronto thinks they have the savior on their hands..loooool detroit had years of great drafts, to is mess, looool...

I guess with what they charge us, rodgers can chrage that much for a coach, 6.5 a year, really

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

I loved the headbutt goal that was disallowed!!

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/049B0...CHRBmi8j6f6kle

Booooo shannnny to toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    hey he did a hell of a job on det, 22 years of playoffs in a row is amazing...

Now if toronto thinks they have the savior on their hands..loooool detroit had years of great drafts, to is mess, looool...

I guess with what they charge us, rodgers can chrage that much for a coach, 6.5 a year, really
    24 years....

Babs is a good coach, just no longer the right one for Detroit. He had better options than Toronto, but money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    I loved the headbutt goal that was disallowed!!

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/049B0...CHRBmi8j6f6kle

Its not soccer, no surprise its not allowed, you're not even allowed to kick it in or punch it in. It can ricochet off skates and the body. But only the stick can deliberately knock the puck in.

As usual the NHL playoffs are better than the NBA playoffs. But as usual everyone wants to talk about NBA.

So I hear Babcock signed in toronto because they offered him every april and may off.

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    So I hear Babcock signed in toronto because they offered him every april and may off.
    I see what you did there.

On a serious note, from what I hear it's only between Buffalo and Toronto. Detroit had no plans of bringing him back.
    Ken Holland said Jeff Blashill will be the first person to get an interview. He said nobody deserves the first phone call over Blashill. But they won't schedule an interview until after the AHL playoffs.

Blashill being the current head coach of the Griffins. No word on who'd getting an interview after, my assumption would be Tony Granato.

There really isn't any high quality coaches available. I'd wager Blashill gets the job because of his success with the Griffins and already knowing the current talent on the team since majority of the team is now former Griffins.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    You funny man you!!!

Even though I hear Shanny and Babcock talking about the painful journey ahead, I have a gut feeling that Babcock will take the Leafs a lot farther next year, probably not the playoffs, but competitive.....and this after trading for a number of draft picks. I've seen the impact of good coaches, and some have turned teams around in one season. That's a bold initiative, but based on what I've been seeing and hearing about in TO, this group has a number of entitled, selfish players. Ironic indeed, given their poor performances.

So in that regard, bring in a quality HC, move out some of the problems, and before you know it, you can play a good, team game.

I like Babcock, but I do not think he can move mountains. However, I do expect a positive return in the coming season. Beyond that, with good drafting, TO could finally be an impact team again.

Question is.....who goes? Kessel and Phaneuf?? Apparently Babcock is ok with Phaneuf.

Go Rangers!

Jeff Blashill will be named head coach next week.

Red Wings bringing in some vets. Mike Green and Brad Richards have signed on. Making me think we're gonna make a trade. We also bought out Stephen Weiss. That flopped for us bad. He was so inconsistent, and I'd say he is one of key reasons we lost to Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Red Wings bringing in some vets. Mike Green and Brad Richards have signed on. Making me think we're gonna make a trade. We also bought out Stephen Weiss. That flopped for us bad. He was so inconsistent, and I'd say he is one of key reasons we lost to Tampa.
    Couple of interesting vets.....Green is still a high level Dman.

Some teams are really improving this year. I like what Edmonton, Calgary and Buffalo have done so far. Calgary is already a playoff team, but the other two have drafted great young players while adding quality players to their lineups.

Boston's all over the map. Losing Lucic and Hamilton, while selecting 3 players who may not be around for a couple of years was interesting. Mind you, signing Beleskey was smart.

My Jets lost a good one in Frolik, who does everything for you, but life goes on. Another intelligent draft. In fact, I am going to our annual prospects camp this week, to watch all the future talent. Many experts concur that the Winnipeg Jets now have one of the best group of prospects in the NHL.

Saw The Stanley Cup today, as our boy Jonathan Toews brought the trophy home. This is the 3rd time he has done so, and each time the fan base gathers to see him at the local community club he used to play at, which is named after him. Funny, seems like every time he brings home the cup, it's like the hottest day of the year!

The 2015/16 NHL Season

My Jets start the season on Thursday against The Bruins. Looking forward to the new year, after coming off a playoff season (although it was far too short!). We have added 3 rookie forwards, and it will really be fun to see how ready they are. Lots of skill, but lacking experience. As always, we will only go as far as our goalies take us.

It will be interesting to see how Kessel fits in Pittsburgh. Could be a big year for him, playing alongside Crosby, or maybe Malkin.

Never count out Chicago. Anaheim might be in there til the end. Tampa has a very nice squad. I also believe Washington will make some noise.

Specifically in The West, where my Jets reside, should be a real dogfight making the playoffs. We made it last season, but teams like Dallas and LA may revive themselves. And sooner or later the Oilers will get out of the high draft pick zone, now that McDavid's joined them.

GO JETS!!!!