Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    The only thing that bothered me was the KC game.

But normally I don't listen.

And just because he doesn't want to hear about Manning every 5 seconds doesn't mean he doesn't like him.

I understand the media likes to stick to a story and shove it down your throat for a whole year.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

I think we need MORE Manning!

The entire 2 hours of Sportscenter and NFL Total Access isn't enough! The Papa Johns, Directv, and Buick commercials that take up half of the commercial breaks aren't enough either! I want MOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!!

I love hearing about him, it's exciting. Who would have thought this time last year we would have Peyton Manning as our starting QB. I was happy that we persued him in the off season and was giddy then and kept telling my wife that if we landed him, we are going to me in the SB discussions. The day he chose us, the Denver Broncos, I actually got a little watery about the announcement. Enjoy this ride now, it's exciting. This is Broncos football and you can feel it again, the magic. The stadium is orange now and looks like the old Mile High in its day with the stand in orange fans, we have an orange crush defense and have a start QB under center who might just be a little better than our boy Elway. And speaking of, we have the Right man in the front office doing his magic again. So I say sit back and enjoy having Peyton on the team. This doesn't happen very often.

Ill take the Manning talk all day versus hearing about the Dez Bryant off the field issues, Brandon Marshall, Jay Cutler etc..

Also,there is a lot of Von Miller talk too, which is great.

We have a positive face of the franchise and I'm sure had social media been like it is now back when Elway was playing everyone would be sick of hearing about him. Because as another poster said, the NFL is a qb driven league and that is where the focus is.

I'm fine with it because it puts our team on the news for postives instead of tragedies. You think back to the Darrent Williams incident, Damien Nash, Brandon Marshall, Perrish Cox, Jay Cutler, the McDaniels Spygate, etc.. Those are not the mentions you want your franchise to have on tv and social media.

I will gladly take the firestorm of PM mentions because now it brings guys like Decker and Thomas into discussions that they may not have been in. Who would have known about Wes Welker had he not been catching passes from Tom Brady other then Patriot fans?

Let's enjoy this ride and the rise back to prominence with our Denver Broncos.
    Last edited by 100%Broncoholic; 12-05-2012 at 06:30 AM.
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

***Adopt a Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.***

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Quote Originally Posted by ChampPik4Six View Post
    Is anybody else sick of hearing Peyton mentioned at every turn with the broncos? I know hes the leader of our team and he is in fact, really really good. BUT it gets annoying when people look at the Broncos and only give credit to Peyton as if the only reason we are this good is because of him.

For instance, I dont want DT and Decker to be only considered good because "well if it was anybody else besides peyton throwing them the ball, they would suck." I want our players and team to be good in their own right, not because Peyton supposedly took a bunch of scrubs and made them stars. I feel like a lot of analysts do this along with just the common chatter. The Denver Broncos have now became synonamous with Peyton Manning and its like that is the only thing people think about as if its almost a discredit to us. Friends of mine have already fallen back on "well you guys would finish like 7-9 if it wasnt for Peyton, thats like 5 free wins right there!" It gets quite frustrating.

Dont get me wrong i love peyton and I was ecstatic when we got him, but I just dont want the rest of the team and deserving players not being mentioned because somebody else casts a bigger shadow.

Im a Cavs fan as well and I got the same feeling when we had Lebron. All it was was Lebron this, Lebron that, Lebron and the Cleveland Lebrons and the James gang and Lebron and his crew, the Cavalier Lebron, Cleveland James, Lebrons Cavs, Lebron won tonight...yada yada yada yada. I couldnt stand it then and its reemerging now as if there isnt a single other person on the team.

EVERYONE on the O owes their success this season to PM. Without him DT and Decker would still be project young WR. Decker would be inconsistent, DT wouldn't have a clue on half the route tree. PM forced them to learn their positions. Dreason and Taeme avg to below avg TE's until PM is under center. The line came together cause now they got a QB that can get them in the right line calls. He just made everyone better.

Even the D has reaped the rewards of having PM under center
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

That is the way it is in the NFL. The QB gets all the credit for wins as well as all the blame for losing. If the players don't mind, then why should we? It is after all there stats. I also look at it as; Do you really think they would be this good without Manning? Even the defense feeds off of Manning's success, so in a way they are good as a result of Manning doing well. The Receivers are good because the QB is able to put the ball where it needs to be and with the right touch. The running game benefits from having a good passer behind center. The O line enjoys improved stats by having a QB that can get rid of the ball quickly. The defense may not play directly with Manning on Sundays, but they do have to practice against him during the week and that alone makes them better. So where is this team not benefiting from having Manning under center?

Manning has his finger prints all over the team. Manning makes the coaches and Elway look good and the rest of the team makes Manning look good. In any profession, as an employee, your main job is to make your boss look good! If your boss looks good, then you will also look good, but if your boss looks bad then you will also look bad and you may not have a job much longer.

My, how things change. If I recall correctly a couple of years ago some people were complaining that the Broncos were largely ignored by the media. Can't win.

Is anybody else sick of hearing Peyton mentioned at every turn with the broncos?
    No....in fact, I can't get enough of it.

Is anybody else sick of hearing Peyton mentioned at every turn with the broncos?
    You don't know Buick.
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

He makes the D better because they don't have to be on the field the entire darn game with all the 3 and outs.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOLT View Post
    Heres a question for you:

Do you really think Peyton makes THEM feel that way? Do you think he trots around making comments like that? Does he tell the MEDIA he is the king?

Heres a wake up call on Peyton.
    He is great. He gets alot of attention. He is a first ballot HOF. But do you know Peytons personality? At all? He hates the spot light. No twitter account. Takes all the blame for a loss. Takes no credit for himself on a win. When you ask Peyton a question or give him Kudos for a job well done, he is quick to tell you he couldnt have done it without his coaches and team.

So for you to complain about the MEDIA giving Peyton the spotlight, you need to remember that Peyton himself would rather not have it and gives all the credit to his coaches and teammates.
    Hear Hear!!!!

I've noticed the OP casually disappeared after everyone posted logical refutes to his ridiculous tirade.

Our D is getting just as much recognition/credit, hell Von Miller is in the conversation for league MVP WITH Peyton afterall.

I frequently hear that this is the best team Peyton has ever played on. Also that He's never had a defense this good.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    I've noticed the OP casually disappeared after everyone posted logical refutes to his ridiculous tirade.