Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

So, any weightlifters in the house

I do cleans, as well as exercises to assist me in cleans. I have a 235 hang clean max right now, and want to reach 315 by the end of the year. So, does anyone have advice on the way to fastest improve. Like sets and reps, how often I should go etc.

Right here.. Get rid of the power cleans and replace it with the Dead Lift. Try to incorporate exercises that bulk and work more than one muscle group, such as dead-lift, squats, and bench-press... I have pics, but I wont post them on here.. If you want to private message, ill find a way to email you, so you can see my results. Im 5'8 180 lbs right now, and pretty solid.. started lifting two years ago, I started at 135 lbs.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    I was a big lifter in highschool but I got out of it once I started working. Moving 6-800 pound boilers up and down a dozen steps will really take the motivation out of you. Still plenty of excercise though and built me a great muscle base.

I've been wanting to get back into it since I've been laid off but I don't want to buy junk. You guys have any preferences on brands or particular pieces of equipment?

I do hang, not power cleans. Both types of cleans are football workouts, as I am a football player. I do lifts like leg press, and have thought of incorporating dead lifts into the routine. I have tried to avoid deadlifts however, because they are rough on my back but I think I may start them.

I do cleans to help with football, but they are also sort of a secondary goal. I want to have a lift that is off the charts, and cleans are my best chance to get there.

checking in.

Weve tried this thread before but it always flops! Everyone here are couch potatoes lol.
    Now go get your shine box

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    I was a big lifter in highschool but I got out of it once I started working. Moving 6-800 pound boilers up and down a dozen steps will really take the motivation out of you. Still plenty of excercise though and built me a great muscle base.

I've been wanting to get back into it since I've been laid off but I don't want to buy junk. You guys have any preferences on brands or particular pieces of equipment?
    Just go to the gym dude, you can do any lift you want there. Planet Fitness is only 10 dollars a month I hear, though I'm a Las Vegas Athletic Club member

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Quote Originally Posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    Just go to the gym dude, you can do any lift you want there. Planet Fitness is only 10 dollars a month I hear, though I'm a Las Vegas Athletic Club member
    Yeah, I live in the middle of no where. Closest gym with any decent equipment is 30 minutes away, not something I really want to do every other day.

Damn that sucks dude, but 30 minutes doesn't seem all that bad. I basically walk 30 minutes to my gym when I go, since I have no car.

Quote Originally Posted by jc13 View Post
    checking in.

Weve tried this thread before but it always flops! Everyone here are couch potatoes lol.
    Say what......I for one go to the gym several times a week, although not big on dead lifts and such. Like to do an assortment of weights, and cardio. Nothing special, but have been doing it since University days.

Especially love the sauna, warm shower and the cool drink afterward!

I lift, just for toning though. No gym just old fashion free weights and bench. I've also started biking, when the weather cooperates, ten miles @ a time sometimes 20. Weighed in @205 last year, down to 170!

end brag/

I do hang, not power cleans. Both types of cleans are football workouts, as I am a football player. I do lifts like leg press, and have thought of incorporating dead lifts into the routine. I have tried to avoid deadlifts however, because they are rough on my back but I think I may start them.

I do cleans to help with football, but they are also sort of a secondary goal. I want to have a lift that is off the charts, and cleans are my best chance to get there.
    Deadlifts shouldn't hurt your back at all. Be sure you get your form down properly with low weight before upping it. I would agree that moving to a leg exercise like squats will better suit your clean weight than leg presses do. The one thing i can't stress enough is form over weight first though with squats or deadlifts.

upright rows would be a good complimentary exercise.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

I do try and get the form right, but since I bend down to pick up the weight it can be difficult for it not to be felt in my back. I actually tried front squats today, I imagine they will help greatly since they target both arm strength(holding it up) and legs

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    upright rows would be a good complimentary exercise.
    what are upright rows?

what are upright rows?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=upright+rows

Sorry I couldn't help myself They are a great exercise though.
    Last edited by 86Elwayfan; 02-22-2013 at 11:14 AM.