Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    How so?

I think it's at least a minor reflection of kids' lack of desire to attend Wisconsin. I would think if a town were such an awesome college town more people would desire to be there and be around it.
    Because a school like Wisconsin is never going to bring in the top level recruits with the style of football that they play. They recruit their lineman and running backs and don't push that hard for the other skilled positions.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Calm down man. Was just messing with you.

That's why I posted the second link.

Because clearly you can find anyone willing to post an opinion on the Internet. Search long enough and you can find what you want.

So technically that still proves my point to Yakka.
    You're right because the links I posted were on the same level as fiestafrog...

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    i dont understand the point of this thread, did OP actually want to have a debate or just brag about Wisconsin?
    Definitely a debate... Ok maybe a little bit of both.

If its based on parties it absolutely isn't Wisconsin.

Definitely Tempe or Boulder if that's the criteria.

Anyways, there's a lot of places I'd rather go for college than Madison..
    Wait what?

If its based on parties it absolutely isn't Wisconsin.

Definitely Tempe or Boulder if that's the criteria.

Anyways, there's a lot of places I'd rather go for college than Madison..
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    Fort Collins blows Boulder out of the water in terms of parties anymore.

Boulder is not even close to top 2.

Tempe is...yes.
    Tempe is highly overrated. But the support as a college sports town is actually pretty good even though its in the metro area. Cardinals will actually play 2nd fiddle to the ASU football team.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    Because a school like Wisconsin is never going to bring in the top level recruits with the style of football that they play. They recruit their lineman and running backs and don't push that hard for the other skilled positions.
    haha, I'm sure they are very content and wouldn't want more than the 3 4-stars they got last year [sarcasm]. Interestingly enough, the top recruit they got last year was a DB, also.

Its not the style of football~ its the fact its Wisconsin, lol.

haha, I'm sure they are very content and wouldn't want more than the 3 4-stars they got last year [sarcasm]. Interestingly enough, the top recruit they got last year was a DB, also.

Really.

The fact that it is Wisconsin was part of the reason that Russell Wilson chose the Badgers over defending National Champion Auburn in 2011.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/124593759.html

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

They can't score the big name recruits more because of the style of play than the weather here in Wisconsin. Why would a 5-Star QB or WR want to come to Wisconsin to see the ball in the RBs hands the entire game?

They can't score the big name recruits more because of the style of play than the weather here in Wisconsin. Why would a 5-Star QB or WR want to come to Wisconsin to see the ball in the RBs hands the entire game?
    that isn't the only reason, Nebraska has the same type of issues and usually has a better recruiting class than Wisconsin.

a lot of it is tradition and in that department Wisconsin simply lacks.

(i cant believe this thread is still going lol)

Georgie Tech doesn't seem to have any problem recruiting phenominal WR talent. And they run way more than Wisconsin.

State College, PA.

If you have the chance to experience to go to a game there it is a great atmosphere.

Even after the issues there, the fans are coming, so are the recruits.

It is a great place to visit and they have premium facilities there.
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

***Adopt a Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.***

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Georgie Tech doesn't seem to have any problem recruiting phenominal WR talent. And they run way more than Wisconsin.

If I'm not mistaken the Badgers have received more 4-Star WR commitments than Georgia Tech has since 2002.

I know you are referring to Calvin and Demaryius, but Calvin played there before the Paul Johnson era and DT was only a 3-Star recruit.

I'm sure the RBs, lineman, and defense would love to play for a run heavy team.

Yet they're not getting more than 3 4 stars typically.. Interesting, huh...

Methinks its the fact that its Wisconsin....

I still think you guys are pulling at straws here.

How does the Badgers inability to recruit skilled position players have anything to do with the College town or not?

Notre Dame does just fine recruiting year in and year out but South Bend isn't considered a great College town.

I keep hearing people throwing out other college towns who have zero success in any of the major sports and don't recruit as well as the Badgers.

I still think you guys are pulling at straws here.

How does the Badgers inability to recruit skilled position players have anything to do with the College town or not?

Notre Dame does just fine recruiting year in and year out but South Bend isn't considered a great College town.

I keep hearing people throwing out other college towns who have zero success in any of the major sports and don't recruit as well as the Badgers.
    It is a very good symbol as to the desire to go there, which clearly isn't high.

The best college town should attract recruits very well~ as that means people and kids desire to be part of the town and college.

I wouldn't try to grasp at straws in this debate, I don't care at all about who the "best college town" is.. I just know its not anywhere near Madison, Wisconsin, lol.

Why is this thread still alive?

Yakka is a Wisconsin fan. So he isn't going to back down.

The rest of us are not Wisconsin fans and fans of other schools. So we are not going to back down either.

Making this thread extremely pointles.

Why is this thread still alive?

Yakka is a Wisconsin fan. So he isn't going to back down.

The rest of us are not Wisconsin fans and fans of other schools. So we are not going to back down either.

Making this thread extremely pointles.
    reminds me of the smack section

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    reminds me of the smack section

Shots fired!