Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 106
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,528
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    No sir you are dead wrong. Unc has two more but Kentucky has 5 more. More than double Kansas 3.

    Like I said far better tradition. And much better fan bases.
    Lol, what a joke.

    "better fanbases". Where in any shape or form in your post proves that Unc and Kentucky hs better 'tradition'?

    Who's your team?
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    14,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Lol, what a joke.

    "better fanbases".

    Who's your team?
    He's an Alabama fan.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    Duke has Coach K! 'Nough said

    Coach K is definitely one of the all time greats and I don't think there's a better coach to coach our olympic teams.

    Kansas had the inventor of basketball, the "father of basketball coaching", Dean Smith, Larry Brown, Roy Williams etc., and Allen Fieldhouse is almost twice the size of Cameron Indoor. Your post proves nothing, DenverBlood. I would look up the definition of 'tradition'.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    He's an Alabama fan.
    Lol, not sure if serious because of his location.
    Last edited by Houshmazode; 02-26-2013 at 06:53 PM.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Coach K is definitely one of the all time greats and I don't think there's a better coach to coach our olympic teams.

    Kansas had the inventor of basketball, the "father of basketball coaching", Dean Smith, Larry Brown, Roy Williams etc., and Allen Fieldhouse is almost twice the size of Cameron Indoor. Your post proves nothing, DenverBlood. I would look up the definition of 'tradition'.
    Lol wait let me get this straight. In an argument where you singled out UNC of the teams I listed you want to argue Roy Williams? That's rich.

    So you are arguing the guy who ditched Kansas because the UNC job is better and he won two championships for them when he could never win one at Kansas?

    I'll give you that Dean Smith is from Kansas and played there. But he won two championships at UNC.

    Kentucky look at the rings nuff said. That's the tradition Kentucky plays for. Not just making the tourney.


    UCLA for that matter has a lot more titles too. But I won't argue for their fan bases.

    Now you say my post proves nothing and you say all I do is say they have better fans.

    Well that's all you can do too. You said originally no schools has more loyal fans or a better tradition.

    Well several schools have better tradition. Kansas may appear more but the other the likes of Kentucky,UnC and Duke aren't far behind. But they have all won more in fewer appearances.
    As far as loyal fans you can't prove anything either. Just you're opinion.



    I'm not a fan of Kentucky but I've never seen a nuetral court game where it didn't sound like Kentucky had more louder fans. And that includes against your jay hawks last year. Though maybe it only felt like that since they controlled the game.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    He's an Alabama fan.
    I'm going to assume that's sarcasm.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    14,373
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I'm going to assume that's sarcasm.
    That'd be a safe bet.

    Mr. Buff and Tiger
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    That'd be a safe bet.

    Mr. Buff and Tiger
    Just checking Mr. Ram and Blue Devil.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,857
    I'm not knocking that Kansas has one of the best basketball traditions in the country.

    I'm just not willing to call it the best. Besides as far as this thread discussion goes noone is saving up to make a trip to Lawrence Kansas before they die.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    14,373
    UNC at Cameron Indoors is on my bucket list, top 5.

    I gotta find a way to get Peyton's number...I'll be willing to catch for him for those tickets
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    UNC at Cameron Indoors is on my bucket list, top 5.

    I gotta find a way to get Peyton's number...I'll be willing to catch for him for those tickets
    I've stood outside Cameron Indoor but didn't go inside.

    When I was stationed in Carolina my best friend wanted to go see the Noles smash Duke. But in football.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    2,010
    I'm talking about the town itself. It's an the atmosphere in Madison that makes it so special.

    You have to take into account the partying and the craziness. I don't think winning national titles has anything to do with how tough it is to come into Madison and win in any sport, regardless of how talented we are that year.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    I'm talking about the town itself. It's an the atmosphere in Madison that makes it so special.

    You have to take into account the partying and the craziness. I don't think winning national titles has anything to do with how tough it is to come into Madison and win in any sport, regardless of how talented we are that year.
    We will add it to the list but no way am I going to Madison, Wisconsin over Gainesville Florida.

    I hear they defend their home turf pretty will in multiple sports too.

    There is a reason top level recruits are not flocking to Wisconsin.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,528
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Lol wait let me get this straight. In an argument where you singled out UNC of the teams I listed you want to argue Roy Williams? That's rich.

    So you are arguing the guy who ditched Kansas because the UNC job is better and he won two championships for them when he could never win one at Kansas?

    I'll give you that Dean Smith is from Kansas and played there. But he won two championships at UNC.

    Kentucky look at the rings nuff said. That's the tradition Kentucky plays for. Not just making the tourney.


    UCLA for that matter has a lot more titles too. But I won't argue for their fan bases.

    Now you say my post proves nothing and you say all I do is say they have better fans.

    Well that's all you can do too. You said originally no schools has more loyal fans or a better tradition.

    Well several schools have better tradition. Kansas may appear more but the other the likes of Kentucky,UnC and Duke aren't far behind. But they have all won more in fewer appearances.
    As far as loyal fans you can't prove anything either. Just you're opinion.



    I'm not a fan of Kentucky but I've never seen a nuetral court game where it didn't sound like Kentucky had more louder fans. And that includes against your jay hawks last year. Though maybe it only felt like that since they controlled the game.
    Roy Williams went to North Carolina because he was born there. If you had heard anything about the story as it happened you would have known that. And why was Roy Williams at the National Championship game wearing a big Jayhawk logo on his shirt? Your silly little opinion is rich.

    Kentucky built a big lead in the first half, and Kansas outscored them by 8 in the 2nd half. They controlled 1 half.

    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I'm not knocking that Kansas has one of the best basketball traditions in the country.

    I'm just not willing to call it the best. Besides as far as this thread discussion goes noone is saving up to make a trip to Lawrence Kansas before they die.
    This guy did:
    http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...on-october-16/

    and they made a 30 for 30 about it, lol.

    I've done it several times.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    UNC at Cameron Indoors is on my bucket list, top 5.

    I gotta find a way to get Peyton's number...I'll be willing to catch for him for those tickets
    Very tough tickets to get. Your looking at spending close to a grand.

    Even none conference games are hard to come by

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •