Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 106
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,527
    Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    Very tough tickets to get. Your looking at spending close to a grand.

    Even none conference games are hard to come by
    For a season or for a single game?

    StubHub has them priced at 145 for the virginia tech game and the 3 left for the miami game start at 650. I'm surprised that game isn't sold out yet.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    For a season or for a single game?

    StubHub has them priced at 145 for the virginia tech game and the 3 left for the miami game start at 650. I'm surprised that game isn't sold out yet.
    Single game for UNC at Duke. It may be little cheaper then that but not by a whole lot.


    Yeah im surprised the Miami game isn't sold out either but it will be by game time no doubt

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Roy Williams went to North Carolina because he was born there. If you had heard anything about the story as it happened you would have known that. And why was Roy Williams at the National Championship game wearing a big Jayhawk logo on his shirt? Your silly little opinion is rich.

    Kentucky built a big lead in the first half, and Kansas outscored them by 8 in the 2nd half. They controlled 1 half.


    This guy did:
    http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...on-october-16/

    and they made a 30 for 30 about it, lol.

    I've done it several times.
    All of this has nothing to do with the topic of the thread which is greatest college sports town.

    You are kidding yourself if you even think Lawrence Kansas is a top 25 college sports town.

    You talk about loyalty but I've had several friends from Kansas. There is 0 loyalty.

    Most of them tell me if you are from Kansas your favorite basketball team is KU and your favorite football team is Kansas st.

    They all just go for whoever is winning right now.

    That doesn't happen here in Alabama. But neither school is a great town.

    Pretty sure they don't have that issue in Wisconsin either.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    We will add it to the list but no way am I going to Madison, Wisconsin over Gainesville Florida.

    I hear they defend their home turf pretty will in multiple sports too.

    There is a reason top level recruits are not flocking to Wisconsin.
    Their ability to recruit is totally off topic.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    i would argue a ton of southern schools over wisconsin ... im biased towards UTK but i loved it there and im not from TN whatsoever other than school.

    Ole Miss in Oxford is an absolutely GORGEOUS school, good tradition ... maybe not the highest profile in wins and accolades. but their fans travel well from what i remember. wish i had a chance to visit there for a game
    -------

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    Their ability to recruit is totally off topic.
    It's not off topic at all.

    Location, with weather is a big reason why you see USC, Texas and Florida consistently in the top 10 in football recruiting.

    Kids would rather go play where it's warm with sunny beaches and a great place to visit for 4 years.

    Wisconsin offers snow in the winter. If it was such a great college sports town kids would flock to school there because they would be expecting to have a great time there. Regardless of who the coach is.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    It's not off topic at all.

    Location, with weather is a big reason why you see USC, Texas and Florida consistently in the top 10 in football recruiting.

    Kids would rather go play where it's warm with sunny beaches and a great place to visit for 4 years.

    Wisconsin offers snow in the winter. If it was such a great college sports town kids would flock to school there because they would be expecting to have a great time there. Regardless of who the coach is.
    You're right, the reason all the top WR and QB recruits don't flock to Wisconsin is because of the snow in the winter.

    It has absolutely nothing to do with the style of football they play.

    Nice try though.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,527
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    All of this has nothing to do with the topic of the thread which is greatest college sports town.

    You are kidding yourself if you even think Lawrence Kansas is a top 25 college sports town.

    You talk about loyalty but I've had several friends from Kansas. There is 0 loyalty.

    Most of them tell me if you are from Kansas your favorite basketball team is KU and your favorite football team is Kansas st.

    They all just go for whoever is winning right now.

    That doesn't happen here in Alabama. But neither school is a great town.

    Pretty sure they don't have that issue in Wisconsin either.
    I thought we were talking about which basketball school had more tradition? And whose fans were loyal? But you ignored a lot of that post, and tried to change the subject.

    Nice try.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    You're right, the reason all the top WR and QB recruits don't flock to Wisconsin is because of the snow in the winter.

    It has absolutely nothing to do with the style of football they play.

    Nice try though.
    for the record, Wisconsin typically doesn't even have a top 3 recruiting class in their own conference. they play the same style of football as Nebraska and its not very sexy unless you are an offensive linemen, a running back, or a running style QB.

    i wouldn't say weather is a huge issue unless you are a kid that lives on the coast. but even then, some of Nebraska best players over the years have been recruits from Florida and California.

    that said, i don't think recruiting has much to do with Madison being the best college sports town in america. i think its a good college town, i just don't think its the best.

    by the way, those of you that are arguing for those schools that are just good in basketball.....sorry but just no, 10- 20k crazy fans doesn't make you the best sports town in america lol

    if you don't have at least a great college football fan base you shouldn't even be in the discussion IMO

    there are towns that have good fanbase's for multiple sports, these are the schools that should be considered. a lot of it does indeed depend on how good your school is in multiple sports.

    that is just the way i see it.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    You're right, the reason all the top WR and QB recruits don't flock to Wisconsin is because of the snow in the winter.

    It has absolutely nothing to do with the style of football they play.

    Nice try though.
    You're right because a recruiting class is only determined by the top WR and QB's you get.

    It has nothing to do with the depth of the entire football team.

    Nice try though.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,852
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    for the record, Wisconsin typically doesn't even have a top 3 recruiting class in their own conference. they play the same style of football as Nebraska and its not very sexy unless you are an offensive linemen, a running back, or a running style QB.

    i wouldn't say weather is a huge issue unless you are a kid that lives on the coast. but even then, some of Nebraska best players over the years have been recruits from Florida and California.

    that said, i don't think recruiting has much to do with Madison being the best college sports town in america. i think its a good college town, i just don't think its the best.

    by the way, those of you that are arguing for those schools that are just good in basketball.....sorry but just no, 10- 20k crazy fans doesn't make you the best sports town in america lol

    if you don't have at least a great college football fan base you shouldn't even be in the discussion IMO

    there are towns that have good fanbase's for multiple sports, these are the schools that should be considered. a lot of it does indeed depend on how good your school is in multiple sports.

    that is just the way i see it.
    That's the point I've been trying to make to Housh

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I thought we were talking about which basketball school had more tradition? And whose fans were loyal? But you ignored a lot of that post, and tried to change the subject.

    Nice try.
    I ignored that part of the post?

    No I mentioned several times that this was a discussion on greatest college sports town.

    Not just loyalty and tradition in 1 sport.

    You sir ignored what the thread is about.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    14,373
    I'm not saying Duke is the best sports town in general.

    But during Duke vs UNC week there would be nowhere else id rather be for a single game in college football or basketball.

    And in terms of basketball alone...I'm going with Duke. Hell, the whole state of North Carolina is insane.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    I'm not saying Duke is the best sports town in general.

    But during Duke vs UNC week there would be nowhere else id rather be for a single game in college football or basketball.

    And in terms of basketball alone...I'm going with Duke. Hell, the whole state of North Carolina is insane.
    That's the point I've tried to make to Housh. I'd rather watch a rivalry game for Duke and UNC in basketball than any other basketball game anywhere.

    Doesn't matter Cameron Indoor or Chappell Hill. Just that game period.

    After that I'd rather watch a game in Lexington than Lawrence.

    But multisport I'd rather watch the red river rivalry, Michigan and Ohio st or the iron bowl than Duke and UNC. Pending that both teams in football for those matchups are rated high.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    You're right because a recruiting class is only determined by the top WR and QB's you get.

    It has nothing to do with the depth of the entire football team.

    Nice try though.
    They style of play / coaching regime has a heck of a lot more to do with recruiting than how great of a college sports town it is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •