Threaded View

ClintLB8's Post Combine Mock Draft

Free Agency:
    Steven Jackson RB, Rams - Still has some play making ability and wants to play for a Super Bowl contender. Couldn't make more sense. McGahee gets cut and Jackson upgrades the position.
    LaRon Landry SS, Jets - I love this guy but with an injury problem, I wonder how much he will demand on the market. Wants to go to a Super Bowl contender and after some cuts and restructures, I think the Broncos will be able to add a few impact players like Jackson and Landry.

Trades:
    Trade a 4th round pick and Joe Mays ILB for DeMeco Ryans ILB.

Draft:
    ***Trade 1st round pick for high 2nd and extra 4th and a 6th.
    2nd Round - Brandon Williams DT, Missouri State - I believe he is the perfect fit for the Broncos defense and would be an instant starter. Should allow the linebackers to make plays in the run game.
    2nd Round - Ryan Swope WR, Texas A&M - I have loved this guy all year but I did not realize he had that kind of speed to his game. He will most certainly be a 2nd round pick and would be a perfect slot receiver to team with DT and Decker. Will make the offense DANGEROUS.
    3rd Round - Tyranne Mathieu CB, LSU - I'm sorry, but I say give the guy a chance. He is a straight playmaker and could add so much depth to this team in so many areas. Will be an excellent back up returner if he isn't able to steal the job from Holliday. He can be a great special teamer and would learn and develop into a play making corner.
    4th Round - Chris Faulk OT, LSU - With talk of the Broncos wanting to move Franklin to guard, a future RT will need to be found. Faulk use to be considered a 1st round pick before his injury. Take him in the 4th and get an absolute steal.
    4th Round - Jon Bostic ILB, Florida - Performed really well at the combine and is a huge hitter. Would be great value in the 4th.
    5th Round - Zeke Motta FS, Notre Dame - A young safety needs to be brought in, and has the size and ability to play FS or SS. Should be solid special teams player.
    6th Round - Zac Stacy RB, Vanderbilt - Big, solid running back (5-10 216) who I think is being overlooked at this point. Would be a solid #3 running back.
    7th Round - Philip Lutzenkirchen TE, Auburn - Didn't impress at combine and may fall to late 7th. Should be targeted IMO as I still say he will be the steal of the draft.
    Last edited by CRL8; 02-27-2013 at 09:24 PM.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM