Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

ClintLB8's Post Combine Mock Draft

Free Agency:
    Steven Jackson RB, Rams - Still has some play making ability and wants to play for a Super Bowl contender. Couldn't make more sense. McGahee gets cut and Jackson upgrades the position.
    LaRon Landry SS, Jets - I love this guy but with an injury problem, I wonder how much he will demand on the market. Wants to go to a Super Bowl contender and after some cuts and restructures, I think the Broncos will be able to add a few impact players like Jackson and Landry.

Trades:
    Trade a 4th round pick and Joe Mays ILB for DeMeco Ryans ILB.

Draft:
    ***Trade 1st round pick for high 2nd and extra 4th and a 6th.
    2nd Round - Brandon Williams DT, Missouri State - I believe he is the perfect fit for the Broncos defense and would be an instant starter. Should allow the linebackers to make plays in the run game.
    2nd Round - Ryan Swope WR, Texas A&M - I have loved this guy all year but I did not realize he had that kind of speed to his game. He will most certainly be a 2nd round pick and would be a perfect slot receiver to team with DT and Decker. Will make the offense DANGEROUS.
    3rd Round - Tyranne Mathieu CB, LSU - I'm sorry, but I say give the guy a chance. He is a straight playmaker and could add so much depth to this team in so many areas. Will be an excellent back up returner if he isn't able to steal the job from Holliday. He can be a great special teamer and would learn and develop into a play making corner.
    4th Round - Chris Faulk OT, LSU - With talk of the Broncos wanting to move Franklin to guard, a future RT will need to be found. Faulk use to be considered a 1st round pick before his injury. Take him in the 4th and get an absolute steal.
    4th Round - Jon Bostic ILB, Florida - Performed really well at the combine and is a huge hitter. Would be great value in the 4th.
    5th Round - Zeke Motta FS, Notre Dame - A young safety needs to be brought in, and has the size and ability to play FS or SS. Should be solid special teams player.
    6th Round - Zac Stacy RB, Vanderbilt - Big, solid running back (5-10 216) who I think is being overlooked at this point. Would be a solid #3 running back.
    7th Round - Philip Lutzenkirchen TE, Auburn - Didn't impress at combine and may fall to late 7th. Should be targeted IMO as I still say he will be the steal of the draft.
    Last edited by CRL8; 02-27-2013 at 09:24 PM.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM

Quote Originally Posted by ClintLB8 View Post
    Free Agency:
    Steven Jackson RB, Rams - Still has some play making ability and wants to play for a Super Bowl contender. Couldn't make more sense. McGahee gets cut and Jackson upgrades the position.
    LaRon Landry SS, Jets - I love this guy but with an injury problem, I wonder how much he will demand on the market. Wants to go to a Super Bowl contender and after some cuts and restructures, I think the Broncos will be able to add a few impact players like Jackson and Landry.

Trades:
    Trade a 4th round pick and Joe Mays ILB for DeMeco Ryans ILB.

Draft:
    ***Trade 1st round pick for high 2nd and extra 4th and a 6th.
    2nd Round - Brandon Williams DT, Missouri State - I believe he is the perfect fit for the Broncos defense and would be an instant starter. Should allow the linebackers to make plays in the run game.
    2nd Round - Ryan Swope WR, Texas A&M - I have loved this guy all year but I did not realize he had that kind of speed to his game. He will most certainly be a 2nd round pick and would be a perfect slot receiver to team with DT and Decker. Will make the offense DANGEROUS.
    3rd Round - Tyranne Mathieu CB, LSU - I'm sorry, but I say give the guy a chance. He is a straight playmaker and could add so much depth to this team in so many areas. Will be an excellent back up returner if he isn't able to steal the job from Holliday. He can be a great special teamer and would learn and develop into a play making corner.
    4th Round - Chris Faulk OT, LSU - With talk of the Broncos wanting to move Franklin to guard, a future RT will need to be found. Faulk use to be considered a 1st round pick before his injury. Take him in the 4th and get an absolute steal.
    4th Round - Jon Bostic ILB, Florida - Performed really well at the combine and is a huge hitter. Would be great value in the 4th.
    5th Round - Zeke Motta FS, Notre Dame - A young safety needs to be brought in, and has the size and ability to play FS or SS. Should be solid special teams player.
    6th Round - Zac Stacy RB, Vanderbilt - Big, solid running back (5-10 216) who I think is being overlooked at this point. Would be a solid #3 running back.
    7th Round - Philip Lutzenkirchen TE, Auburn - Didn't impress at combine and may fall to late 7th. Should be targeted IMO as I still say he will be the steal of the draft.
    Big fan of Lutzenkirchen here. Although it wasn't great, I thought he did have a solid combine.

Great mock.
    I'm Cal-I

I like the first half of the mock, after that I have a few concerns. I think Faulk's injury and size is a bit of a red flag. I also am not sure why you traded for Ryans and then draft another ILB. I thnink there are other area's that should be looked at before adding another linebacker. Finally I'm not sold on Zeke, with ND pass rush this year I did not see him challenged over the top too often. Overall I would feel slightly disappointed with this draft.

I like it except for Mathieu and Motta. The former is just not someone I want the Broncos to be involved with, and the latter I believe to be a scrub in the making. Pass on both of those guys IMO.

I like the Steven Jackson and Demeco Ryan's pick ups. But for some reason I don't see the Honey Badger in Blue and Orange. I think someone will reach for him. Ala the Bengals, Rams or Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by denver11tebow View Post
    I like the first half of the mock, after that I have a few concerns. I think Faulk's injury and size is a bit of a red flag. I also am not sure why you traded for Ryans and then draft another ILB. I thnink there are other area's that should be looked at before adding another linebacker. Finally I'm not sold on Zeke, with ND pass rush this year I did not see him challenged over the top too often. Overall I would feel slightly disappointed with this draft.
    Well, DeMeco is closing in on 30. I think Bostic is the perfect guy to be groomed behind him. I'm pulling for Nate Irving, but I just feel like he won't ever be "the guy". I hope I'm wrong.

Not a fan of Brandon Williams in the 2nd round. The Broncos should take the best player available, drafting for need over best player available is not a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
    Not a fan of Brandon Williams in the 2nd round. The Broncos should take the best player available, drafting for need over best player available is not a good idea
    Call it a hunch, but I got a feeling Brandon Williams will be one of the best two DTs in this bunch. I say he is a top 10 DT by year 3. So, I think it's a fine idea. I didn't mock him there simply because he is a DT.

My Broncos Mock Draft

1st Round - Desmond Trufant, CB Washington (other options: Tavon Austin, Xavier Rhodes, Kevin Minter, Eddy Lacy, Arthur Brown)
    2nd Round - Larry Warford, OG Kentucky (other options: Ryan Swope, Jesse Williams)
    3rd Round - Conner Vernon, WR Duke
    4th Round - DJ Swearinger, SS South Carolina
    5th Round - Traded back for early 6th and 7th Round Picks*
    6th Round* - AJ Klein, MLB Iowa State
    7th Round* - Tanner Hawkinson, OT Kansas
    7th Round - Anthony McCloud, DT Florida State

I can see our draft ending up looking something similar to this. Trufant would be a good, solid 1st round pick that will help now and in the future. He would most likely be our nickel corner that would move outside and push Chris Harris inside in 3 wide receiver sets. I think a CB group of Bailey, Harris, Trufant, Carter, and Bolden would be as solid as any in the NFL.

I think we will cut Chris Kuper and replace him with a guard in the draft like Larry Warford. Warford is a huge, road grading type Guard and would make a good complement to Orlando Franklin on that side of the line.

Vernon is an average athlete with incredible hands and good intangibles. He provides some depth to a very weak group of WR's from 3-5.

Swearinger is the kind of guy who should, at the very least, be a special teams ace. He's got a big time motor and will compete for the opportunity to start alongside Rahim Moore next year.

My love for AJ Klein is well documented, as I have raved about him a couple other times on this board. He ran well at the Combine and he has 345 tackles over the last 3 seasons. The guy just produces.

Hawkinson has some potential and while I don't think he will ever start in the league, could become a good swing tackle.

McCloud is a big body that was relatively productive at Florida State.

Free Agency:
    I don't have specific players in mind, but I think Denver will add a wide receiver (Ramses Barden?) and another defensive tackle (Terrance Knighton?) in free agency as well as some offensive line depth. I think it is critical that Kevin Vickerson is retained as well, he was a beast down the stretch for this defense!
    [IMG]http://img172.echo.cx/img172/9820/thechampionsigpi6iz.jpg[/IMG]

Made by Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by TheChampion View Post
    1st Round - Desmond Trufant, CB Washington (other options: Tavon Austin, Xavier Rhodes, Kevin Minter, Eddy Lacy, Arthur Brown)
    2nd Round - Larry Warford, OG Kentucky (other options: Ryan Swope, Jesse Williams)
    3rd Round - Conner Vernon, WR Duke
    4th Round - DJ Swearinger, SS South Carolina
    5th Round - Traded back for early 6th and 7th Round Picks*
    6th Round* - AJ Klein, MLB Iowa State
    7th Round* - Tanner Hawkinson, OT Kansas
    7th Round - Anthony McCloud, DT Florida State

I can see our draft ending up looking something similar to this. Trufant would be a good, solid 1st round pick that will help now and in the future. He would most likely be our nickel corner that would move outside and push Chris Harris inside in 3 wide receiver sets. I think a CB group of Bailey, Harris, Trufant, Carter, and Bolden would be as solid as any in the NFL.

I think we will cut Chris Kuper and replace him with a guard in the draft like Larry Warford. Warford is a huge, road grading type Guard and would make a good complement to Orlando Franklin on that side of the line.

Vernon is an average athlete with incredible hands and good intangibles. He provides some depth to a very weak group of WR's from 3-5.

Swearinger is the kind of guy who should, at the very least, be a special teams ace. He's got a big time motor and will compete for the opportunity to start alongside Rahim Moore next year.

My love for AJ Klein is well documented, as I have raved about him a couple other times on this board. He ran well at the Combine and he has 345 tackles over the last 3 seasons. The guy just produces.

Hawkinson has some potential and while I don't think he will ever start in the league, could become a good swing tackle.

McCloud is a big body that was relatively productive at Florida State.

Free Agency:
    I don't have specific players in mind, but I think Denver will add a wide receiver (Ramses Barden?) and another defensive tackle (Terrance Knighton?) in free agency as well as some offensive line depth. I think it is critical that Kevin Vickerson is retained as well, he was a beast down the stretch for this defense!
    I like the general idea of the draft, just not a few picks you made or the rounds you're picking them in.

Trufant in the first, that's a great pick. All of your options are great too except for Arthur Brown, I think it's a bit of a reach in the late 1st.

It would be awesome if we could get Warford in our spot in the 2nd, but I'm not sure he'll fall that far. But Kuper either needs a replacement or good depth, so I like the idea here.

Connor Vernon is a slower Ryan Swope. I like his ball skills and his hands can catch just about anything in his way, reminds me of Welker a lot.

DJ might not fall this far, I like the pick though.

The rest of the Picks are solid depth.

Not a bad draft, just no worthy starters really except for Trufant really.

Would rather draft TJ Barnes in the 4th round than take Brandon Williams in the 2nd. Outside of Sharif Floyd, Louteleli(sp),Richardson not too high on the DT in the draft. Guys like Barnes is an acceptable risk in the 4th round. TJ Barnes is about 6'6" 300 pounds, uses his hands well, can generate pass rush through the middle, fits what the Broncos want.
    Last edited by Ohenhen12345; 03-01-2013 at 06:13 PM.

I like your draft but Vernon can be had later than the 3rd round. Might have trouble trading a very late 5th for a early 6th plus a 7th??? I love Vernon and he will probably make the roster but needs to be drafted in the 4th or 5th round, not the third.Might want to grab Swearinger in the 3rd and Vernon in the fourth.
    Good job, thanks for sharing with us.

I love Trufant and Vernon the rest is just filling, maybe a DT earlier though.
    So cal Water Polo player Broncos fan

In his first start T.J Yates has tied Tony Romo for playoff wins.

WalterFootball Mock Draft....

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

i like the first 4 picks although i think will draft at least 1 OL...

lacy
    swope
    dawkins DT
    will davis CB
    sanders cummings S